• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Male NFs vs. Female NTs: Who has it harder?

Which group has more difficulty as it relates to gender norms, life, and society?

• Male NFs

Votes: 49 60.5%
  • Female NTs

Votes: 32 39.5%

• Total voters

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd rather young women knew what they were up against. Might shake them out of their apathy. If it doesn't, they deserve what they get.

I think most do know what they are up against. Women are and have always been very aware of male "supremacy" I think. They need to be taught to think about ideals and not just facts. Otherwise they might just resign themselves to be apathetic because they know what they are up against. You can't trust people to have strong will power. But you can educate and help that will power flourish.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think most do know what they are up against. Women are and have always been very aware of male "supremacy" I think. They need to be taught to think about ideals and not just facts. Otherwise they might just resign themselves to be apathetic because they know what they are up against. You can't trust people to have strong will power. But you can educate and help that will power flourish.
You telling us what we need is EXACTLY what we need, by the way.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree women still need to get more rights and such, so they can become equal to men, but just warning you, if any of you start becoming feminists I'll track you down and murder you.

F

figsfiggyfigs

dude. I make fun of my NF friend ALL the time for being such an "F". :laugh:

so yes. Those poor bastards definitely have it harder.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree women still need to get more rights and such, so they can become equal to men, but just warning you, if any of you start becoming feminists I'll track you down and murder you.
I'd work on disguising your INTJness a bit before you ask that girl out.

Just sayin.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol...I can't take that seriously.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would probably say male NFs. I have a hard enough time as an NT as is. Honestly, being an NF guy would probably be significantly worse, given a sense of awareness that people don't generally expect, without the analytical mindset to turn an argument on it's ear. Furthermore, my lack of awareness of social convention is kicking in... I'm not entirely sure if this is supposed to be some sort of joke, or a humorous method of masking disdain for traditional depictions of feminism, or caution unto such a movement. Granted, I'm not suggesting misandry at every turn with feminism, but that's the stereotype as presented in society. At the moment, the only thing I have against it is the fact that it's made my English class harder, as though being logical in an artsy class wasn't bad/hard enough.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frankly I think NT women have it worse. I have male NF friends and I'd say that while NF men do have it tough, it's not really any worse than it is for NT men. NT women, on the other hand, stick out like a sore thumb -- one that their SFJ peers are all too eager to squeeze out of existence.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I assume that female NTs would care less. But maybe that's because I've only known male NFs.

This. :D Why should I care what THEY think about me?

Apathy for the winz.

Huh... I never quite understood the "bad-boy fanaticism" expressed by (what seems to be) the majority of the female population. For some bizarre reason I never quite understood myself I always gravitate towards sweet, caring males.

NF males = :wubbie:

(For the record, Twilight is abominable and Edward Cullen is a creep.)

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
... I never quite understood the "bad-boy fanaticism" expressed by (what seems to be) the majority of the female population. For some bizarre reason I never quite understood myself I always gravitate towards sweet, caring males.

NF males = :wubbie:

And I love NT females. I think that ideal is more of an S thing, but I dunno.

(For the record, Twilight is abominable and Edward Cullen is a creep.)

This is 100% true.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just what is your definition of a feminist?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well my definition of feminist is what the name implies. In favour of FEMales. Some people refer to people who want females to have as much rights as males, but I don't think that's what it is. If you even refer to yourself as that, you are being slightly in favour of females as the name is suggestive of feminine supremacy. If you do believe in gender equality, just call yourself equalists or something.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Because even a lot of 'feminists' who originally want equality end up being proper feminist because the name sort of gives them the right to say "Give more stuff to women!" even in situations where it is not required.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Feminist involves advocating equal rights for women, you appear to have made up your own definition based on what you've seen some people advocate or what you perceive they advocate. In order to believe in equal rights one does not need to advocate for both sides.

Would you suggest to someone advocating for gay rights, or black rights that they must also represent heterosexuals or Caucasians in order to appear like an "equalist"?

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Women have it harder then men regardless of type.

In terms of being an NF male, being an NF has worked to my advantage much more than to my disadvantage. Its really cute, people tend to put on this tough guy shell on the outside (in public) and show me their vulnerable soft side (in private). Even ESTJs and ESTPs. People truly love me. Getting along with INTXs is also very easy for me and talking to them on a deeper level is always exciting.

At first being hypersensitive was a huge problem for me. Having an open mind allowed me to explore myself to the deepest level and crack the source of my hypersensitivity. This and exploring other aspects of my life has allowed me to achieve inner peace at a very young age.

Life was hard at some points for me because I was different, but it really wasn't that bad. In fact, being a christian can make me feel even more alone than being an NF will ever be.

On another note, being an ENFX male or ENTX female is easier than an INFX male or INTX female IMO.

Because the world is harder for women, in general, my answer will have to be NT women have it harder.