User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which group has more difficulty as it relates to gender norms, life, and society?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male NFs

52 59.77%
  • Female NTs

35 40.23%
First 678910 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's not the easiest thing being an ST woman either- we're apt at manly tasks, which is a threat... plus, the thinking edge always displeases the traditionalists
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

50 years ago NT women. Today, NF men. Womens gender roles are much weaker, but men are still meant to be tough as nails and unemotional.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Morgan, the 60/40 figures are from an older study in 1964 by Keirsey and Bates.
    Interesting in itself. Shouldn't something like type, supposed to be innate, be proportionally stable over a period of a few decades?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am going to say Male NF's have it harder.

Men are not supposed to be emo according to society. Although in relationships women want men to be in touch with their more feminine/emotional side. They can't win sometimes.
    In the workplace, even i don't act F .. I play the cold hearted robot because that is what is expected of me.

Disclaimer - I think it is cute from what i have been reading today about NF's being emo dumper, crying after sex and all that .. Oh, the stereotyping. Lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

so being an NF male makes you socially emo?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'd say that INxx types have it harder than ENxx types, regardless of gender. I've seen too many ENTP women do just fine socially and romantically, but most INFXs struggle a bit, whether male or female. ENFx men often do well socially/romantically also.
    The few INTx women I know have less trouble than I do, but I imagine it can be hard for others.

Between the two, I picked NF males, but I'm mainly thinking of INFx men.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'd say that INxx types have it harder than ENxx types, regardless of gender. I've seen too many ENTP women do just fine socially and romantically, but most INFXs struggle a bit, whether male or female. ENFx men often do well socially/romantically also.
    The few INTx women I know have less trouble than I do, but I imagine it can be hard for others.
    Now that's taking it too far. ENTP women have it easier socially and romantically than you as an INFP women? And INTx women may as well? Heh. Step outside your bubble, maybe you specifically have a tough-tough life but pha-leeeese! My empirical evidence conflicts with yours.

News flash: No one has it easy! Life is not easy. And one persons dramas are not easier than another from their personal perspective because no one has it easy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Now that's taking it too far. ENTP women have it easier socially and romantically than you as an INFP women? And INTx women may as well? Heh. Step outside your bubble, maybe you specifically have a tough-tough life but pha-leeeese! My empirical evidence conflicts with yours.

News flash: No one has it easy! Life is not easy. And one persons dramas are not easier than another from their personal perspective because no one has it easy.
    Precisely. One would have to come up with some objective measure in order for this poll to have any validity or merit.

Damn, I'm such a T!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

^ And the two lions decide to pounce together on the simple grass-grazing zebra. It's a bloody vicious takedown; it looks like they are eating the limbs while the animal is still alive. Tonight they will feast, but what will tomorrow bring these precarious adventurers of the animal kingdom? As we witness them closer and closer we hope to find out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

When did this thread become "Big Cat Diary"?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell