User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which group has more difficulty as it relates to gender norms, life, and society?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male NFs

52 59.77%
  • Female NTs

35 40.23%
First 12345 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Why? Do you have any inner angst ya wanna talk about?
    It was a serious question....

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    It was a serious question....
    Some emo-dump; plenty don't. All I said is they do it more than NT females, which is true.

It's not like you're an ESFJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    I think male NFs. The "strong woman" is becoming more accepted these days so T gals are getting a break but I think NF men will always have it a bit tougher
    I do gotta tell ya, though -- women might like sensitive guys (as long as they are not too wimpy) in general, but men seem to drift towards wanting to protect their mates and the independence of being NT creates a more detached, independent vibe some guys can't respond to. (I think.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Some emo-dump; plenty don't. All I said is they do it more than NT females, which is true.

It's not like you're an ESFJ.
    How do you know what I am?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Definitely not ESFJ, after this exchange.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

It's relative.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Something tells me INFP.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm tempted to say female NTs, because I've found that it's much easier for a sensitive guy to find a strong woman than vice versa. But I'm biased, because I'm having the same problem.

So I guess I'll have to say male NFs, because even if it's harder for female NTs to find partners, it's easier for them to function in society without putting on a facade.

So I agree with Jennifer and Oeufa.

Seriously, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Females will always have it easy.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm tempted to say female NTs, because I've found that it's much easier for a sensitive guy to find a strong woman than vice versa. But I'm biased, because I'm having the same problem.

So I guess I'll have to say male NFs, because even if it's harder for female NTs to find partners, it's easier for them to function in society without putting on a facade.

So I agree with Jennifer and Oeufa.

Seriously, though...

I meant it the way you explained up there. Easier to function in society. :workout:

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Females will have a socially imposed "sink or swim" situation at a far younger age, whereas males have more leeway in the identity stereotype to be loners or social butterflies. Since teens of all types are hormonal, the NF male has more time to calibrate to their selves.

If NT females can figure out how to be NTs while getting along well enough with most others, they have the head-start advantage of being F/T bilingual and pwning later on. However, if their 13yo selves aren't yet able to map out the social climate they get ostracized more easily.

The stakes are higher and come earlier for NT girls than NF guys--and these earlier formative years are consequential for later in life. Therefore, I think it's more difficult to be an NT female than an NF male.
    females may feel more disjointed at the idea of being socially ostracized than males. but like jennifer said, nt types don't have to worry about creating a space for themselves to get paid. and the financial pressure of the future and the world of work and blah blah what are you gonna do weighs heavily on us.

nf males often times wander/flail around and don't figure out what they need to do for a long time. but at 26, after being pretty awful with people for the first 23 years of my life, i'm confident that ill always be valuable as a skilled people problem-solver.

as far as gender expectations, both are hit equally hard. after that it's just causal power vs relationship power. there's stress associated with--and perceived lack--in both cases.