User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I feel closest to ENTJ; they make perfect sense to me though their efficiency sometimes intimidates me. INFJ is a close second; my INFJ friends and I get the way each other's minds work, though we have completely different priorities.

INTP and ISTJ share a distant third place. I don't feel particularly close to either of them compared with types I share fewer than three letters with. I actually think I feel closer to ESTJ () and to all the other N types than I do to ISTJ and INTP - but I suppose that could be because I don't have any INTP or ISTJ friends whereas I have friends of the other types. Or is it the other way around?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I definitely feel closest to the INTP. INTP's and INFP's often have similar interests and lifestyles.The next type is ENFP. These types are so much fun to be around and they seem to understand me better than people of other types (including the INTP), which include my twin. Finally come the INFJ & ISFP, I don't have problems with these types either. Some of the deepest and most passionate people I know are INFJ's. As for the ISFP, they are so easy to be around. I like that. I feel that I can be myself around ISFP's really quickly and they won't care.

To come to think of it, I rarely have problems with any of the types. I know a couple of ESTJ's I get along with actually.
    Overall, the only types I ever get into serious conflicts with are the ST types.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Are you basing this on experience or theory? Have you met all types? I know the type of people I enjoy being around, so based on what I have read it would most likely be ISFP.
    Go both ways. Whichever experience you can use that best benefits.
    As for meeting all the types, I have met the types that are one letter off from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Then surely that would make you an ENTP.
    No, it's because ISFJs are Ss, and INFJs are Ns. That comes down to which "realm" you're planted in.
    Last edited by deep rain; 03-14-2008 at 02:51 PM.

MBTI
    INTP

I feel like I can talk about anything with INFPs. It's rare that they're offended by subject matter and when I do accidentally insult them I find it very easy to charm them again. They're fun to torture with mindgames as well.

ISTPs are probably next. I can feel a real kinship with people who hate other people as much as me.

ENTPs can be pretty entertaining yet selfish and INTJs can sometimes be accomodating but irritating, I'm not sure who to put last.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFJ

As either an ISFJ with high N or an INFJ with high S, I identify with and have friends of both types.

I feel closest to INFPs and have several very good friends of that type. And I have a good INTJ friend whose Te thinking I understand quite well.

ESFJ, ENFJ or ISTJ? I'm definitely not an E or ST. I'm not an NT either, but I relate very well to some of them.

I don't think I know any ISFPs.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post
    Which type that is one letter off from you do you feel closest and most similar/connected to, and which do you feel most distant from?

I feel closest to the INTJ, though I still do feel far from them. The one I feel absolutely nothing same with is ISFJ. It feels as though we live on the complete opposite of the spectrum of realms.
    Most similar, difficult: INTJ or ENTP? Probably the J...
    Distant? INFP, sure.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    TiSe

I seem close to all types one letter off, to include: ESTP, ISFP, INTP, ISTJ.

MBTI
    entp

ENTP
    I'm very close to ENFP(once in a while i even score enfp)
    I'm very very far from ESTP.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Default How well do you feel you relate to and understand your 1 letter off types?

I know variations of this have been asked lots of times, but I don't know if I'm repeating a specific thought/question or not... I thought I remembered reading a thread along this idea before but I can't think of what to put in search to find it... soooo heres a new thread.

At first I thought of directing this just toward NFs since thats my main curiosity, but I'm interested in what everyone else has to say on this too.

How well do you relate to and understand your 1 letter off types?

Self - INFP (sometimes less certain of it than others )
    ----

ENFP
    Of all the 1 letter off types for me, I think ENFP is the one I have the easiest time understanding and relate to the most often. ENFPs represent what I think I'd be like if I were less self conscious and self monitoring (and a lot more outgoing). The old saying, "they say what I'm thinking but would (probably) not say myself" applies to a lot of their posts. The few people IRL that I suspect to be ENFPs I get along with better than most types, and their energy eventualy starts to rub off on me, but after spending a lot of time around them, I do need introverted re-charge time to recover from the extroversion.

ISFP
    My experiences with ISFPs are minimal, but the connection on Fi seems to create good compatibility and understanding of values based motivations, but the Ne/Se divide sometimes makes communications feel awkward (like I don't know what they want/expect in the conversation and the same probably applies to them too)

INTP
    I feel like I often reach the same conclusion about ideas as them and would react in a very similar way in a lot of situations, but I really don't feel like I understand their thought process and we are arriving at the same destination by very different roads and usually have different reasons for wanting the same things. I think INTPs are the among the easist types for me to get along with, but are also one of the most difficult to understand.

INFJ
    Some of them I feel like I understand very well (sometimes as much or more than other INFPs), but a lot of them are very mysterious to me and describe things in their thought process that make sense but I don't relate to (the majority of them I feel like I understand some of the time but not all the time, a couple I feel like I nearly always understand, and some I feel like I never understand). I think I have a fairly strong Ni, and I think that has a lot to do with the times where I feel like I understand exactly where they are coming from and what they are thinking, but I'm not sure if the times of confusion are from my Ni not being quite as strong as theirs, from Fi/Fe diferences or Te/Ti diferences, or just how the functions preferences all interact as type diferences. As a side note, I often feel like I understand INTJs better than INFJs, so my suspicion is that Ni differences is not the source of the confusion.

MBTI
    INTJ

I thought I'd written about this before: Types one letter off