User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ and the same goes for me with guys. it's much more work getting to know an introverted guy... as neither are good at approaching... but it can happen, too. i lived with one, granted, he's not a strong i, but i'm not a very strong i, either.

and you know... introverts can be fun, too. especially in the bookwormish, random kind of way. :P
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    ^ and the same goes for me with guys. it's much more work getting to know an introverted guy... as neither are good at approaching... but it can happen, too. i lived with one, granted, he's not a strong i, but i'm not a very strong i, either.

and you know... introverts can be fun, too. especially in the bookwormish, random kind of way. :P
    Yeah they can be fun, you just have to happen to catch that random instance that they are in the mood to be that way. They can come at wierd times. It can be confusing to an extravert.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I wish I was extraverted not for the fun factor, but for relationships. I like introverted girls, but to talk to them I have to do a lot of work. Sometimes I'd rather have her run her yap and me have to tell her to shut up from time to time, than have someone who doesn't share much.
    So you want an introvert who likes to talk a lot?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I don't think individuality is the issue here; ExxPs are very individualistic, and ISxJs are very... not.
    You have a very good point.

Weren't you an ESFJ yesterday, by the way?
    What you see isn't always what is true.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post

And introverts are so much more than just writers. The INTJ (mostly) scientists, engineers, deep thinkers, a good chunk of professors, many highly spiritual people/clergy, surgeons, humanitarians, the ISTJ accountant, the ISTP mechanic. It's no coincidence that this type of work (scientist, accounting, mechanic, thinking, praying, meditating, etc.), can't really be done effectively with a circus going on around you or at a cocktail party. These things require focus and a certain level of precision/accuracy. Noise and interruptions to these occupations are often seen as a total nuisance. There's a reason for it all. It all works out.

I can't imagine being in the middle of performing a 6-hour brain surgery and start thinking, "this is boring. I wonder what the guys are doing for lunch." Introverts were made for that stuff.
    I was tired and lacking inspiration at the time, so I was a bit half hearted in my defense. When I'm not falling asleep at the key board I'm a bit more passionate about defending introverts, plus I didn't think any one would appreciate my more random thoughts.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    LoLz

Uhh....I don't know where people are getting this "I need a nap to feel refreshed" crap. I've never needed a nap to refresh myself mentally. If I ever need a nap in the middle of the day, it's because I exhausted my body and not my mind. If by chance there is too much stimulation and I need to recharge mentally, then I retreat to a familiar place where I can regather my thoughts.

LOTS of times after extreme extraversion, I retreat to my computer as a way of recharging. I just got done with a 4 day vacation going around 4-5 cities finding filming locations. It was very fun and exciting, but after the trip in the car back home with 2 ESFJs and an ENFJ, I ran to my room to my computer and they ran around the house cleaning. I just couldn't think about cleaning up and reorganizing the house until I reorganized my mind after the trip.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Uhh....I don't know where people are getting this "I need a nap to feel refreshed" crap. I've never needed a nap to refresh myself mentally. If I ever need a nap in the middle of the day, it's because I exhausted my body and not my mind. If by chance there is too much stimulation and I need to recharge mentally, then I retreat to a familiar place where I can regather my thoughts.

LOTS of times after extreme extraversion, I retreat to my computer as a way of recharging. I just got done with a 4 day vacation going around 4-5 cities finding filming locations. It was very fun and exciting, but after the trip in the car back home with 2 ESFJs and an ENFJ, I ran to my room to my computer and they ran around the house cleaning. I just couldn't think about cleaning up and reorganizing the house until I reorganized my mind after the trip.
    Whoa! Hold your horses there, cowboy. Different strokes for different folks. The point is that introverts need to recharge in *some* way. I know 2 INTP's besides myself and also a xNTP, all of whom love to nap as *one way* (not the only way) to recharge. They will sometimes nap at some odd times (when its feasible, which is sometimes rarely), but wake up feeling very refreshed. I have also known an INTJ and a couple NF's who like to "lay around" (and fall asleep sometimes) in order to recharge.

For me, my mind is taking in so much throughout the day. Ti works the brain constantly. And so turning off the lights and all other forms of noise is a way to "shut things down" and tune everything out.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Whoa! Hold your horses there, cowboy. Different strokes for different folks. The point is that introverts need to recharge in *some* way. I know 2 INTP's besides myself and also a xNTP, all of whom love to nap as *one way* (not the only way) to recharge. They will sometimes nap at some odd times (when its feasible, which is sometimes rarely), but wake up feeling very refreshed. I have also known an INTJ and a couple NF's who like to "lay around" (and fall asleep sometimes) in order to recharge.

For me, my mind is taking in so much throughout the day. Ti works the brain constantly. And so turning off the lights and all other forms of noise is a way to "shut things down" and tune everything out.
    Agreed.

Raz, the last thing I want to do after being so involved externally is sit in front of a computer. When I'm on the computer I'm usually reading or doing something that involves use of my brain, so what works for me is something like sitting and watching TV. If that's too much for me I'll lay there with the music, or in complete silence. Sometimes I might fall asleep, sometimes I won't.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Agreed.

Raz, the last thing I want to do after being so involved externally is sit in front of a computer. When I'm on the computer I'm usually reading or doing something that involves use of my brain, so what works for me is something like sitting and watching TV. If that's too much for me I'll lay there with the music, or in complete silence. Sometimes I might fall asleep, sometimes I won't.
    I never said you should sit at a computer. It's the same thing as saying you need a nap. Different introverts will recharge in different ways. I'm just saying to try not to make it look like the majority of introverts need to go plop down in bed for several hours.

Ti works the brain? So does Si, and Fi, and Ni. No function is more introverted or intense than the other. People just happen to be individuals, GASP. I sit at the computer because it's what's familiar and what is "home" to me. Sounds like Si? Sounds like sitting in front of a TV is familiar and relaxing for the guy above me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Ti works the brain?
    Yes. Yes, sir, it does.

So does Si, and Fi, and Ni.
    Cool. I never said otherwise. I can only speak from my own personal experience and so I was talking from the Ti perspective. I wasn't trying to talk from YOUR personal Si perspective. I'll leave that part to you.

No function is more introverted or intense than the other.
    Nor did I say anything about this. I did not say that Ti is more intense than Si.

People just happen to be individuals, GASP.
    Dude, if you don't need naps, that is great! You have my sincere apologies for including you in the group of introverts that I know who occasionally nap in order to recharge. Huge mistake on my part obviously. I also apologize to the thread for misrepresenting introverts. I was hoping my "overall point" was understood. It doesn't always happen that way though. For the record, there are TONS of introverts who have never napped in their life. My preference to do so is not because of Ti. I'm an anamoly amongst my fellow introverts.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay