User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 115

  1. #51
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If I had to insert one word into the space in the title, I think that it would be "contemplative". And if the title had asked what extroverted functions were more of, I would go for "pragmatic". Mind you, these statements are about as much use as any one word summary of a complex issue. I mean, Ne is probably more explorative than pragmatic, for a start. Se is experimental.

    Certainly, I wouldn't say that either type is intrinsically superior to another. I need my Te. Without it, I wouldn't be able to cope with the world. All my knowledge and insights would be useless, because I wouldn't have any means of sending them into the world. I's be stuck in an Ni-Fi loops, lost in world of self contemplation as I slowly gather dust and become increasingly irrelivant. In fact, I need my Se as well, for what is the value of living without experiencing life? Pitty it's so hard to get a grip on.
    Great post, man.

    I'm with you on all accounts.

  2. #52
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    well if the bird seed was shiny, the enfps would eat it, so then your electromagnet would catch both enfps and entps. This sounds like an entp invention opportunity...
    And if one mixed "iron feelings" [sic] with the bird seed, it would catch INTJs ...

  3. #53
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    No.

    The real difference is that Xe is shared, while Xi is kept to oneself. The "depth" is something of an illusion. The truth is that Xi is unexpressed, and it requires effort to perceive it in others. What will happen is that Ni doms appear remarkably insightful, because they don't show how they figured something out, and will quickly change their answer if they learn they're wrong, often without you knowing. Fi doms will appear remarkably wise, because you don't know how much foolishness they kept hidden. Si doms will remember a remarkable amount of detail, but often misremember things and you will be none the wiser. Ti doms can be brilliantly logical, but you'll often not know how many completely stupid ideas they also believe, because they don't express them clearly enough to be evaluated.

    Xe seems shallow because it can be publicly evaluated, and thus one's foolishness is visible for all the world to see.

    Better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
    haha great post, agreed.

    Interestingly, I think the forest vs. trees concept that's typically used to describe iNtuition vs. Sensing is actually better applied to extroversion vs. introversion.

    Introverted functions get all the nuances of one tree at a time; extroverted functions have the breadth of the entire forest at once, but from much further away.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #54
    A passer by yvonne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    564

    Default

    ^ i agree with your post, but not uumlau's. i don't think that Te is what Ti is. i think they're two different ways to think, not just appear to be different...
    Enneagram 5w4.

  5. #55
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    haha great post, agreed.

    Interestingly, I think the forest vs. trees concept that's typically used to describe iNtuition vs. Sensing is actually better applied to extroversion vs. introversion.

    Introverted functions get all the nuances of one tree at a time; extroverted functions have the breadth of the entire forest at once, but from much further away.
    That might hold true for Ti, but I don't think it's necessarily a useful description of all the Xi functions.

  6. #56
    A passer by yvonne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    564

    Default

    ^ i think that's probably not a "whole" description of the matter, but i do believe that it is somewhat true with all the functions.
    Enneagram 5w4.

  7. #57
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    ^ i think that's probably not a "whole" description of the matter, but i do believe that it is somewhat true with all the functions.
    I think one of the terms that has been thrown out is "more narrow".

    Which seems to relate, but not 1-to-1, with something I myself have said: "more focused".

    So far, the three or four people who have taken up the former description have all been Ti or Fi dom's or aux's...

    As an Ni dom, I find it problematic, because, relative to Ne, Ni doesn't lose the forest for the trees.

    Ne is running around looking at all the different trees, while Ni is sitting back, focusing from whatever level of distance it chooses to.

  8. #58
    A passer by yvonne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    564

    Default

    ^ lol, you know... you might not like this, but i could notice from your last post that you were talking from your POV

    completely understandable, though. :P
    Enneagram 5w4.

  9. #59
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    ^ lol, you know... you might not like this, but i could notice from your last post that you were talking from your POV

    completely understandable, though. :P
    It's the only point of view I got!

    sorta...


  10. #60
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think one of the terms that has been thrown out is "more narrow".

    Which seems to relate, but not 1-to-1, with something I myself have said: "more focused".

    So far, the three or four people who have taken up the former description have all been Ti or Fi dom's or aux's...

    As an Ni dom, I find it problematic, because, relative to Ne, Ni doesn't lose the forest for the trees.

    Ne is running around looking at all the different trees, while Ni is sitting back, focusing from whatever level of distance it chooses to.

    You're awfully unaware of the limitations on Ni, aren't you?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Socionics questionnaire (since people are more reliable than quizzes)
    By sardonic delight in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2016, 10:43 PM
  2. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-11-2016, 02:07 AM
  3. Intuitors are more grounded than sensors.
    By Vilku in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
  4. Values are more important than things, possibly even people.
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 10:03 PM
  5. Are Extroverts more Creative than Introvert?
    By Not_Me in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO