• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do INFP's show their emotions?

radtasticclo

MBTI Type
INFP
I get defensive when I'm in a bad mood but I'm not a moody person. I take it personally when someone corects me but never show that it's upsetting out of fear of looking stupid. I would never cry in front of anyone, not even my mom. I only watch romantic/sad movies alone. I actually just got out of a relationship with a overly sensitive guy. He took all his casual friendships seriously, when it's hard for me to get all warm and gooey inside even thinking of my friends, I'm friendly but I'm not that close to any of them. When I have a crush I feel it intensely but I never show it.

E

Epiphany

I don't really express my emotions around others, or even alone. The last time I remember crying was about 2 years ago when my dad had cancer, but I made sure nobody saw it. Every once in a while someone might witness an angry outburst, although I usually keep my emotions in check.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, INFPs are the masters of hiding their emotions.

infpcryin.jpg

KDude

INFPs seem pretty intense.. hats off if you actually do hide your emotions.

Also, you might want to express them...stress can cause baldness. And that'll be another thing you'll want to cry about.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I am often accused of being unreadable and people are often surprised when I tell them how I feel.. "I had no idea" is heard often enough :coffee:

shmrie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
one of my best friends is INFP and I almost never see her get emotional (in fact, I've only seen her cry once), so I think it's fairly safe to say (at least in my experience) that INFP's are very good at keeping their emotions to themselves

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I would think it's all internal.

G

Glycerine

To me, they seem emotional... not expressive but they can give off a moody vibe for sure. IME, they are quite moody... you just have to look closely to see it.

A

A window to the soul

one of my best friends is INFP and I almost never see her get emotional (in fact, I've only seen her cry once), so I think it's fairly safe to say (at least in my experience) that INFP's are very good at keeping their emotions to themselves

Yep, in real life tis true.

To me, they seem emotional... not expressive but they can give off a moody vibe for sure. IMO, they are quite moody.

Moody? Not sure. I don't think so. I'm easy going most days.

I would think it's all internal.

^correct.

Last edited:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
haha other than that, IME they come off neutral unless they are super happy or excited then they seem to get slightly giddy. :D

Only slightly? :)

As mentioned, it's mainly a self-defense mechanism. I have very tight shields simply because experience has told me that baring my heart (ie expressing myself) to others usually becomes embarassing at best and painful at worst. Cool and reserved is the mask I wear to the outside world.

This has the side-effect that when I do show my emotions, my friends are surprised that I'm actually human after all :D I usually keep my Facebook status light and fluffy, but once I updated my Facebook status with something like "I feel like Life has just run over me like an 18-wheel truck" and within minutes one of my friends commented on what a Drama Queen I was!

I used to be much moodier when I was younger (You wouldn't want to be anywhere near me on Mondays after my favourite football team has lost a match in the weekend) but has mellowed a lot. Or at least I would hope so...

G

Glycerine

Only slightly? :)

As mentioned, it's mainly a self-defense mechanism. I have very tight shields simply because experience has told me that baring my heart (ie expressing myself) to others usually becomes embarassing at best and painful at worst. Cool and reserved is the mask I wear to the outside world.

This has the side-effect that when I do show my emotions, my friends are surprised that I'm actually human after all :D I usually keep my Facebook status light and fluffy, but once I updated my Facebook status with something like "I feel like Life has just run over me like an 18-wheel truck" and within minutes one of my friends commented on what a Drama Queen I was!

I used to be much moodier when I was younger (You wouldn't want to be anywhere near me on Mondays after my favourite football team has lost a match in the weekend) but has mellowed a lot. Or at least I would hope so...
I understand but me being an ENFJ, I go through the same exact thing too.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four

First off, this is my new favoriteee.

Secondly, I am pretty obviously moody. It's apparent because of my body language.
When I am angry, I look sad or really confused, but my speech and movements become faster. When I am sad, I just function slowly.
However, I am happy just as frequently. It also easily shows through my body language.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i show my emotions to me and have found a good outlet in venting on typoc, does that count? ;)

irl i am mostly calm and if i'm emotional i get seriously embarrassed (usually). i can be somewhat moody, but i don't let it bother me much and i certainly do my absolute best not to bother my friends with it.

i hope people don't think i'm irritated a lot, because i'm not, usually, and if i am, it probably doesn't bother me as much as it bothers other people?

i'd like to think i'm usually positive, though. i take life as it comes and try to express myself to the best of my abilities.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have the curse of an open face, so every thought I have flits over my face, and I'm moody "apparently". I think anger is really the only emotion that I kinda show though really, and placid.