User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP

It's pretty easy to tell when I'm in a good mood. I have an unfortunate tendency to do things like whistle and sing in public, which is a bit of a give-away. More negative emotions I don't show much. Only people who are very close to me can read the signs and even then it's hit-and-miss. With everyone else it seems more likely to register as persistent distractedness.

Actually, I think I tend to clam up when I'm in a really good mood as well. Pretty much any strong emotion either way puts me into a state of induced solitude. It's more the little things that will show. So I guess the general rule is that the stronger the emotion, the less likely I am to show it.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I have an unfortunate tendency to do things like whistle and sing in public, which is a bit of a give-away.
    omg. i do that, too... it's so embarrassing.

i don't know what it is, but i guess it's because i know that my emotions are sometimes childish, so that's why i get embarrassed by them and don't want other people to think that i am that childish, because i already know i am, so i don't want them to point out the obvious to me.

^ i also identify with your edit... the best thing that people can do with me is just sort of not notice my emotions, or take them lightly. i will tell them when i need them to notice and then it is best for the other person to stay calm and not get all emotional because i am emotional. i try to do that with other people, too... i have been learning about these things...

i don't want people to "write me off" because of my emotions, because there is more to me than them.

with a few close friends i can let loose sometimes and get giddy and even cry without embarrassment. well... i can cry without embarrassment with two people, really... but can get giddy with more...
    Enneagram 5w4.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I have an unfortunate tendency to do things like whistle and sing in public, which is a bit of a give-away.
    Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    omg. i do that, too... it's so embarrassing.

i don't know what it is, but i guess it's because i know that my emotions are sometimes childish, so that's why i get embarrassed by them and don't want other people to think that i am that childish, because i already know i am, so i don't want them to point out the obvious to me.
    That's funny, I whistle and sing a lot too..

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

So do I.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]