• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your least favourite function?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Fe. It bothers/annoys me a lot.

I'm not to much bothered by Si because I repsect the fact that order and tradition means the WORLD to some people, and it usually messes them up pretty bad when you don't have that. So I'm cool with Si even though I, in no way shape or form, express or use it.

The same could be said about any function really.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When having to use it myself: Ti

In others: the combo FeTi...sorry :D

I'm at a complete loss, which type has FeTi? :shock:
Does it occur naturally in a type or is it a non-type? XD

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm at a complete loss, which type has FeTi? :shock:
Does it occur naturally in a type or is it a non-type? XD
Basically the mix between the auxillary and tertiary of IXFJs...

Surprising how many people say Si when in survival situations they'd most likely go back to it out of fear when they are at a loss of what to do to.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All of them, except for Fi & Ne, particularly Fi in the dom position and Ne in the aux position. :cheese:

I actually find that a function seems to be most "annoying" when in the aux or tert position though. For instance, Si is more likely to annoy me in an ESxJ than an ISxJ. Fe can seem inconsistent/hypocritical in an ExTP. This explains why I love Fe in most ENFJs, but often do not click with ESFJs (it's really their Si-aux). The way the functions work with one another can totally change how they feel to someone else.

P

Phantonym

To quote W.C.Fields with slight modification - "I'm free of all prejudices, I hate every function equally".

Within reason, of course, and mostly depending on my mood of the minute. :whistling:

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
sometimes i'd say Fi in myself, because it is draining to constantly have to assess the value in everything....and it makes me feel kind of like an alien around people who aren't bothered with that sort of thing. not that i mind if they think i'm weird, but it makes it hard to be a true go with the flow hedonist most of the time with Fi as a dominant 'lens' for life... i wish i could party like some of my friends can. shit, even my 60 year old ESFP dad is better at it than i am. Fi is as great as it is daunting.

but in general, Si is my personal stumbling block. it makes me wary to trust anything new at times (despite the delightful Ne telling me to "try it and see what happens!")...i do love that it enables me to do familiar things like ride a bike or take notes with an almost unconscious fluidity and ease, but i detest how it makes me a wuss of sorts in the physical realm. it reminds me of how hard it is to learn a new mechanical skill when my Se is so weak and i have no real bearing to rely on at all... it's what helps me know my way around a familiar setting in the dark, but it's also what makes me hesitant to walk around a new space alone. Si in others can also be grating due to the expectations of what a typical anything should resemble; what qualities ought to be present and in what ratios...Si is all about "shoulds", really. and that can be truly comfortable only in what is familiar, tested, and, well...kind of boring, therefore. it makes me Ne pretty aggravated.

in others, i would say the most annoying function for me to encounter is Fe. i love sincere interactions, but Fe seems often very forced and, well, too "safe" for my tastes. like a store bought greeting card rather than a personal note with real feeling... prettier on the outside, perhaps, but lacking real substance within...yeah; nothing's worse than overly gushy, half-sincere compliments. i would really honestly rather just have someone ignore me or even directly criticize me than throw me a bunch of fake niceties because they think it's expected... there's that pesky Fi again; needs to loosen up! (but that is saying a lot that i'd prefer the criticism as an Fi-dom and all, methinks. )

cool thread idea; i seldom pass up an opportunity to complain!

edit: i didn't take into account how different functions can appear when in certain orders and in tandem with other functions...that's a whole new ramble....

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Dominant extraverted Thinking = :horor:
Even with good intentions, Te users are always intimidating as !!!!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Si might be majestic if used properly. Byronic, even.

Yeah, I'm totally comforted by Si, even if can be annoying in some cases, I definitely have value for it. Speaking of Byron, Wordsworth was an ISFJ. He's one of my FAVORITE poets.

I don't hate Te, but I think Te doms can be the hardest to get along with IRL. I get along with them just fine on-line, though, and clash more with Ti, which is funny.

I don't hate any function, just it's unhealthy or improper use...

G

garbage

Ne. Who gives a fuck about what would happen if the planet were made out of marshmallows, or if cats were banned within city limits, or if the Civil War never occurred?

You've got a present reality to deal with, people. So, deal with it as it is.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Little sticks with Jag's avatar...
Bizarre

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My pick is Fi, followed by Ne, and followed very distantly by all the others

This thread is amusing in that 90% of people dislike SFJs.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Se frustrates me... honestly don't listen to what I'm saying, listen to what I'm saying!

Last edited:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My least favorite function is arccosecant(). It gives me fits.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi, because it's almost utter destruction when I use it as an IXTP. No good comes out of it. Ever. In other people it's fine, even though I struggle to understand and relate to it.

Te can be kind of annoying and obnoxious sometimes, but I certainly don't hate it.

G

garbage

Te. Please, just stop being pushy and making lists of things.