• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does your sleep position reveal about your personality?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
My sleeping position isn't between those positions. It never is, because it's so unusual.

It's like this:
sleep.jpg

is that a crowbar

with a wound gushing out of your head

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Fetus.

My boyfriend laughs because I take up most of the bed. I put my head way over on my side, but my butt is way over on his side.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Soldier. Seems about right.
I snore a lot, apparently, and I tend to not sleep more than 6-8 hours ideally, because I get tired from over-sleeping (snoring lots).
I try to force myself to sleep on my right side in the "yearner position", in order to not snore, but I go back to lying on my back automatically as soon as I fall asleep and lose consciousness.
If I sleep in my couch, I have to sleep on my side, so I do that a lot.

The "personality description" seems fairly accurate.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm a free faller. lol

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Somewhere between yearner and soldier positions. I have cynical dreams of being a mighty warrior.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Oakysage you are SUCH an INTJ! :hug:

Most of my life I've been 100% Soldier, to the point that as a child my dad would get scared and come in to see if I was still breathing because I wouldn't move from that position all night long! It was great because in the morning I would just slip out from the covers smooth them a little and go! LOL!

Now however since I am older and heavier, I find my self snoring (at times ;) ) so I force myself to go log but I almost always end up back at soldier sometime in the night. ENTJ=soldier? LOL

OMG.

This is just too funny from an ENTJ.

You even sleep efficiently...:thelook:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting.

I'm kinda strange.

Usually when I first lay down for bed i'm in on either my left side either in foetus position or I do catch myself in yearner at time to when just getting into bed. Sometimes log or soldier *not much. Sometimes I wake like in Soldier or curled on my side yearner or fetus more*. But more when I'm spending the night somewhere for get away with my BFFs do I sleep in soldier or log, as I'm more nervous and probably don't sleep more then 3-4 hrs xD. Anywho...

I tend to sometimes like to prop my legs on my blanket(s) xD *elevated* so it's like my legs are sticking out and i'll have my hands under my pillow on my right side. This happens alot and most the time I wake this way unless at a overnight thing. Always have to have a nightlight on *xD* and a fan for sound. Love my windows open at night hence my deep hatred for winter/very late fall... meh. I also always have my hands under my pillow too.

Well just thought i'd respond to this sleep pattern thingy. Pretty interesting.
I can relate the most with the fetus postion description for my personality

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hardly think this is reliable. There are so many factors that would have to be taken into account. What your surrounding environment is (you might want to look at something while in bed), the size and shape of your bed, the proximity to the walll, the type of mattress you have. Your body could also be a factor. My friend says she can only sleep a certain way because she has large breasts and they hurt if she sleeps the wrong way. You could have arthritis or a similar problem in certain parts of your body. It would depend on how tall you are, how fat you are, your sex etc. and I think it has more to do with all these things than actual personality.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I always move around in bed long time when trying to sleep to find my ideal position, so I try several different positions until I sleep. I don't even have a clue how I wake up, I never paid attention to it :D Will try to observe it.

That said, I believe I end up mostly in fetal position.

wolfy

awsm
I sleep in the yearner position. I know, I checked last night.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Commonly: Freefall
Semi-common: Yearner
Rarely: Fetus

MacabreCharade

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
None of those are me. Usually I'm like a cross between fetus and freefalling - on my stomach, one leg up fetus-style, the other straight, but usually with one arm under the pillow or under my head. Sometimes more like fetus or freefalling. Sometimes more yearner but on my stomach.

However, the descriptions conflict and the freefalling one is particularly inaccurate (besides both being terribly general a la Forer effect).

Fetus position - A whopping 41% of participants sleep in this curled-up manner. Women are twice as likely to rest like this and it is listed as the most common position. These sleepers are said to have a tough exterior but are still sensitive and may appear to be shy but warm up quickly.

* Freefall position - Those people who lie on their bellies with arms under or wrapped around a pillow with head turned to the side, make up 7% of the population studied. Freefallers are brash, outgoing, and are very uncomfortable with criticism.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
It looks like the animation they use every time someone falls over in family guy.

So it means I´m falling over in Family Guy! Oh no! Well, fortunately I´m not in Family Guy that often.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I almost always fall asleep in the fetal position, but the other ones I like and can sleep for a bit with are Freefall and Half-Starfish (lol... only one arm up, not both).

+Soldier position!!

SAME HERE! :laugh:

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
woooow i thought i was rather uncommon in sleeping freefall! i occasionally wake up in a different position, but this accounts for most of my sleeping. almost need to roll on to my stomach to fall asleep, unless i'm exhausted or completely shattered drunk.

doesn't seem to match my personality, though. and the one starfish i know is a major jerk.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
woooow i thought i was rather uncommon in sleeping freefall! i occasionally wake up in a different position, but this accounts for most of my sleeping. almost need to roll on to my stomach to fall asleep, unless i'm exhausted or completely shattered drunk.

doesn't seem to match my personality, though. and the one starfish i know is a major jerk.

:yes: I need to roll on my stomach usually to fall asleep too, unless I'm totally exhausted. However, I usually want to transition to the yearner position at some point in the night, and generally that's how I wake up. I like hugging a person, stuffed animal, pillow or a wadded up blanket when I'm sleeping.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I start off in yearner, except flat on my stomach. Then I wake up in starfish.