• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does your sleep position reveal about your personality?

Ethereal

MBTI Type
INTP
Yearner, with a hint of fetus thrown in, the personality description is also very accurate of me :unsure:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

OMG, I swear I have the most pedestrian website habits or am the most 'average' internet browser ever.

I have seen at least 2 or 3 articles I've read on yahoo.com or whatnot posted up on the forum.

I was just read that article ^^ and thought about posting it here.

Stop reading my mind, Peguy. :dry:

---
I'm a freefaller. That might flip into a starfish. Really I'm kinda all over the place and topsy turvy. I was surprised to read most people tend to stay in one place. I wonder if that's because participants in the study were self-conscious?

I know if I am sleeping with someone else in the bed, a twin, or dogs, I greatly limit the amount of movement I make (lest I roll over and kill one of the adorable fluffy puppies).

My parents sleep like soldiers...the personality description seems to fit as well. Har har.

As for all you 'fetus sleepers' out there - you damn babies! :alttongue:

Last edited:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Suppose freefall and fetus

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I start out in the fetal position, I also often wake up this way. When I roll over onto my right side I go to the yearner and occasionally do the starfish. This is when I snore, I'm told, but I think they lie...I do not snore. :newwink:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How in the world can some of you sleep in these positions?! Only 2 look comfortable at all to me. I can't imagine sleeping in the other positions. :laugh:

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Wait what happens if I sleep upside down with my feet clinging to a pole? Batman? :shock:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
log, fetal or yearner, they seem to work.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
LOL, I just read this article on yahoo.

I tend to sleep in the fetus position most of the time.

I'm going to pay attention to how I sleep when I wake up to confirm this because I have caught myself sleeping in some of the other positions.

On a unrelated note, the end of the yahoo article said 1/10 people sleep with their entire bodies with a blanket (most people have their arms, legs, or both exposed). I always sleep with my whole body inside the blanket.

Windigo

I'm not 100% sure of how I sleep but from what I remember...

Yearner - I wake up like this if I go to sleep like this or freefall position.
Soldier - I wake up like this if I go to sleep like this.
Freefall - I may wake up like this if I go to sleep like this.
Starfish - I wake up like this if I go to sleep like this or yearner position.

I go to sleep soldier position about 35% of the time.
I go to sleep starfish position about 25% of the time.
I go to sleep freefall positon about 20% of the time.
I go to sleep yearner position about 20% of the time.

I never sleep fetus or log positon nor do I wake up in fetus or log position.

Oakysage you are SUCH an INTJ! :hug:

Most of my life I've been 100% Soldier, to the point that as a child my dad would get scared and come in to see if I was still breathing because I wouldn't move from that position all night long! It was great because in the morning I would just slip out from the covers smooth them a little and go! LOL!

Now however since I am older and heavier, I find my self snoring (at times ;) ) so I force myself to go log but I almost always end up back at soldier sometime in the night. ENTJ=soldier? LOL

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everyone will be excited to learn that I sleep in a mix of the fetus and soldier positions, with the former being preferable except that it causes numb arms.

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Until I was married, I slept as a soldier. Now I can fall asleep only on my right side, hands under my pillow, left leg up, and right leg down. I think part of this is to protect myself from the flailing limbs of my husband. :) So, I suppose I'm a modified fetal.

I have major routine issues before bed though. I have to cover any lights — even digital clocks — and swing all doors shut so that no extra light comes in from the living room windows. Then I have to put on hand lotion and chapstick. And there's no chance of getting to sleep without earplugs. I'm the lightest sleeper in the world.

Does anyone else have this problem: When my alarm goes off, I realize I've been semi-awake for hours, brain buzzing. I very rarely feel refreshed upon waking.

I envy people who can sleep easily and sleep in. :frown:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yearner position - A close third is the side-lying position with both arms out in front of the body, with 13% of partipants sleeping like this. Yearners are noted to be open-minded and still cynical, suspicious, and stubborn about sticking to decisions once they are made.

Soldier position - These sleepers lie on their backs with arms down and kept close to the body. This 8% study is said to be reserved, quiet, without fuss, and hold themselves and others to a high standard. Soldier sleepers have a higher likelihood for snoring due to the flat-back position, which may not cause them to wake up often but may result in a less restful night's sleep.

Correct.

P

Phantonym

I start off in Fetus, evolve into Yearner and wake up in Freefall. Now this is the conscious process that usually goes on but I have absolutely no idea what goes on when I sleep. What I do know is that I kick the blanket(s) around like a maniac, I switch sides all the time and I have to feel the cool side of the blanket and the pillow. And I've woken up sideways on numerous occasions. What does that reveal about my personality? I am me. Tadah. :smile:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually start out (winding down) in log position, but with one hand on or under the pillow; sort of a cross between log and freefall. Then, I'll usually go to freefall to fall asleep. If I'm having trouble sleeping; I'll alternate between the two, and the different ways of facing for each.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What's that one where you fall asleep leaning over, arms folded on the desk?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That I'm a yearner, wheeh, yeppers I yearn, I churn, I turn like a Log too. :D

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Start out a free faller, but wake up a yearner

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
My sleeping position isn't between those positions. It never is, because it's so unusual.

It's like this:
sleep.jpg