• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does your sleep position reveal about your personality?

S

Sniffles

What does your sleep position reveal about your personality? - Healthy Living on Shine

Fetus position - A whopping 41% of participants sleep in this curled-up manner. Women are twice as likely to rest like this and it is listed as the most common position. These sleepers are said to have a tough exterior but are still sensitive and may appear to be shy but warm up quickly.

Log position - If you sleep on your side with both arms down, you are a social, easy-going person who is trusting, sometimes to the point of being gullible. The study showed 15% of people sleep like a log.

Yearner position - A close third is the side-lying position with both arms out in front of the body, with 13% of partipants sleeping like this. Yearners are noted to be open-minded and still cynical, suspicious, and stubborn about sticking to decisions once they are made.

Soldier position - These sleepers lie on their backs with arms down and kept close to the body. This 8% study is said to be reserved, quiet, without fuss, and hold themselves and others to a high standard. Soldier sleepers have a higher likelihood for snoring due to the flat-back position, which may not cause them to wake up often but may result in a less restful night's sleep.

Freefall position - Those people who lie on their bellies with arms under or wrapped around a pillow with head turned to the side, make up 7% of the population studied. Freefallers are brash, outgoing, and are very uncomfortable with criticism.

Starfish position - Sleepers who lie on their backs with arms up near their head or the pillow account for 5% of participants. These people are good listeners, helpful, and are uncomfortable being the center of attention. People who sleep in starfish position are more likely to snore and to suffer from a poor night's sleep more often.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw that article and the pictures that go with it make me laugh, as I can't even fathom being comfortable in 3 of those positions.

I almost always fall asleep in the fetal position, but the other ones I like and can sleep for a bit with are Freefall and Half-Starfish (lol... only one arm up, not both).

gromit

likes this
I am a combination of fetus, freefall, soldier, and some sort of sprawling...

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It reveals I have a loose shoulder I can't sleep on.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I have no idea...I want to say I start out freefall but end up a yearner...I'll check tonight.

GF is definitely a combo between log and freefall. And she's an awful blanket stealer/ bed hog :(

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I start as a Starfish, then as a Soldier, then I evolve into a half Fetus half Log.

My personality is just that unique.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not 100% sure of how I sleep but from what I remember...

Yearner - I wake up like this if I go to sleep like this or freefall position.
Soldier - I wake up like this if I go to sleep like this.
Freefall - I may wake up like this if I go to sleep like this.
Starfish - I wake up like this if I go to sleep like this or yearner position.

I go to sleep soldier position about 35% of the time.
I go to sleep starfish position about 25% of the time.
I go to sleep freefall positon about 20% of the time.
I go to sleep yearner position about 20% of the time.

I never sleep fetus or log positon nor do I wake up in fetus or log position.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i'm a freefall sleeper

Little_Sticks

Freefaller > Fetus > Soldier

And for the Yearners: HOW THE HELL DO YOU SLEEP WITH YOUR ARMS EXTENDED OUT LIKE THAT?!

Okay, bye ;P

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I usually fall asleep in the fetal position, but sometimes wake up in the middle of the night in the starfish position.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do both yearner and freefall. And they both sound like me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sleep in freefall... the man sleeps in yearner position so I always have to fight for arm space under my pillow :dry:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Soldier. I can't sleep any other way lol

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Fetus > Freefall
My legs are always up unless I'm on my stomach.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a free faller and a fetus position sleeper.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Starfish position - Sleepers who lie on their backs with arms up near their head or the pillow account for 5% of participants. These people are good listeners, helpful, and are uncomfortable being the center of attention. People who sleep in starfish position are more likely to snore and to suffer from a poor night's sleep more often.

Soldier position - These sleepers lie on their backs with arms down and kept close to the body. This 8% study is said to be reserved, quiet, without fuss, and hold themselves and others to a high standard. Soldier sleepers have a higher likelihood for snoring due to the flat-back position, which may not cause them to wake up often but may result in a less restful night's sleep.

Not everything about them matches my personality, and, I don´t snore. But I can´t sleep on one of my shoulders because of arthritis -I just flat-back positions for health reasons.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a soldier. I fall asleep like that, and wake up like that.