User Tag List

First 4567 Last

I sleep in the yearner position. I know, I checked last night.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Commonly: Freefall
    Semi-common: Yearner
    Rarely: Fetus
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Usually starfish, sometimes soldier. Never any of the rest.

I also manage to sleep seated and then it's face upwards aswell.

I seem to do plenty of my thinking facing slightly upwards too. (Not quite like Shirley the Medium from Courage the Cowardly Dog as she calls the spirits from the afterlife - http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs37/f/20...utralSaint.jpg, but I guess it gives an idea of what it sort of looks like.)

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

None of those are me. Usually I'm like a cross between fetus and freefalling - on my stomach, one leg up fetus-style, the other straight, but usually with one arm under the pillow or under my head. Sometimes more like fetus or freefalling. Sometimes more yearner but on my stomach.

However, the descriptions conflict and the freefalling one is particularly inaccurate (besides both being terribly general a la Forer effect).

Fetus position - A whopping 41% of participants sleep in this curled-up manner. Women are twice as likely to rest like this and it is listed as the most common position. These sleepers are said to have a tough exterior but are still sensitive and may appear to be shy but warm up quickly.

* Freefall position - Those people who lie on their bellies with arms under or wrapped around a pillow with head turned to the side, make up 7% of the population studied. Freefallers are brash, outgoing, and are very uncomfortable with criticism.
    -end of thread-

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    It looks like the animation they use every time someone falls over in family guy.
    So it means I´m falling over in Family Guy! Oh no! Well, fortunately I´m not in Family Guy that often.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    NeTi

Freefall

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I almost always fall asleep in the fetal position, but the other ones I like and can sleep for a bit with are Freefall and Half-Starfish (lol... only one arm up, not both).
    +Soldier position!!

SAME HERE!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

woooow i thought i was rather uncommon in sleeping freefall! i occasionally wake up in a different position, but this accounts for most of my sleeping. almost need to roll on to my stomach to fall asleep, unless i'm exhausted or completely shattered drunk.

doesn't seem to match my personality, though. and the one starfish i know is a major jerk.
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    woooow i thought i was rather uncommon in sleeping freefall! i occasionally wake up in a different position, but this accounts for most of my sleeping. almost need to roll on to my stomach to fall asleep, unless i'm exhausted or completely shattered drunk.

doesn't seem to match my personality, though. and the one starfish i know is a major jerk.
    I need to roll on my stomach usually to fall asleep too, unless I'm totally exhausted. However, I usually want to transition to the yearner position at some point in the night, and generally that's how I wake up. I like hugging a person, stuffed animal, pillow or a wadded up blanket when I'm sleeping.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I start off in yearner, except flat on my stomach. Then I wake up in starfish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche