• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NF and NT singles: Which Type of Partner do you Prefer?

Which Type of Partner do you Prefer?

• I am an NF and I prefer NTs

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I am an NF and I prefer NFs

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I am an NT and I prefer NFs

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • I am an NT and I prefer NTs

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I am an N and I prefer Ss

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Franz

MBTI Type
enfp
When answering please please specify your type (if it is not already visible next to your avatar.)

I would also appreciate it if you would voulenteer the following information:
- Have you ever dated NTs (yes/no and optionally: how many)
- Have you ever dated NFs (yes/no and optionally: how many)
- Why do you prefer as you do?

If you are in a relationship, or just got out of a relationship please do not particiate in the poll. (Though you can still state your opinion in the thread.)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm NT and prefer NFs, but by a very narrow margin.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nice to know you care about the rest of us :dry:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: I like SPs, too. ;) P is actually much more important than N or F for me relationship-wise, as I'm seriously afraid a J will behave something like this: :angry:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Js are great for Ps... I discovered that after fearing them... they make sure that necissary things occur- for instance, they pay the bills, they remember laundry detergent and toilet paper at the store and they remember to lock the door on the way out of the house... I tend to forget practical things of that sort :blush:

I was offended that my opinion in the poll didn't matter :cheese:

and, I hadn't said anything bitchy in 30 minutes or so! :horor:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type: INtP.
Prefers: NF's.

Dated: ESFJ x 2, ESFP (very briefly!), INFJ, married ISFJ, INFP

I have good NT friends and like to spend time with them. However, in a dating relationship, it helps me immensely if my partner is more the initiator on all the relational stuff... I desire a certain level of intimacy but don't have the energy to chase someone who is less relational than me to that level. The F's (and NF's in particular) fill that role adequately and give me just enough to respond to that I can initiate on my own some but still have space to be myself and we can go very deep relationally. NT's typically won't be better relationally than me at this, and usually have been worse.

If you are in a relationship, or just got out of a relationship please do not participate in the poll. (Though you can still state your opinion in the thread.)

Gotcha.

Why? You looking for someone? :smile:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ignores the thing about not wanting the opinions of Sensors :)thelook:) or people in relationships :)tongue:)

I've been with 3 NFs (ENFP, ENFJ and INFP) and 2 NTs (ENTP and ENTJ)... I can't say I have a preference one way or another, as long as they're SANE (some of these people were most definitley not in that category) :cheese:

People are people- type regardless- there's qualities other than personality type that are a lot more annoying, like refusal to bathe or becoming vegan and telling me I have to too :rolli:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Js are great for Ps... I discovered that after fearing them... they make sure that necissary things occur- for instance, they pay the bills, they remember laundry detergent and toilet paper at the store and they remember to lock the door on the way out of the house... I tend to forget practical things of that sort :blush:
That's a great point actually. It would be great to find someone who'll remember all that stuff for me, but not actually argue with me about it.

I was offended that my opinion in the poll didn't matter :cheese:
Oh, right. Yeah, that was pretty dickish. :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
everyone knows that ExxPs are attention whores who want to answer poll questions :boohoo:

and mine doesn't argue fortunatly, he just does whatever needs to be done (I do what occurs to me, so I'm not totally useless! :laugh:) Mr. ENTJ and ENFJ both were pretty bossy about things of that sort though... not saying that all ExxJs are by any means, but those two were! :steam:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP

We're also really good at pestering you about certain dates and what you'll be doing in a few hours and just being uptight nuisances in general! Ah, what a disaster it would be if I were with a P...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're also really good at pestering you about certain dates and what you'll be doing in a few hours and just being uptight nuisances in general! Ah, what a disaster it would be if I were with a P...

I can put up with such behavior if it means that I never have to deal with paying an electric bill or figuring out my taxes again! :holy:

I find such behavior kind of funny and endearing actually... I suppose that's evil of me :shock:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Me: INTP
Dated: All NF types except INFJ. I really do think that INFJ (other things equal) would be the best fit for me. So here's lookin' at you kids! :newwink:

I've never dated an NT, but I have known both ENTP and INTP women. Not really for me. We have a blast talking, I just don't ever feel anything romantic for them. There's something about the F that does it for me. We don't always see eye to eye on everything, but who does? There's a sort of elegance to them - and it compliments my T and keeps me in check I suppose. I've said before that ENTJ could possibly work for me, as long as she didn't start trying to boss me around and stuff, cuz that aint happening honey. INTJ - not sure.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Not single, but I very much like my INTP partner. We are very compatible and by now we've got most of the practical stuff worked out enough to avert real disaster or disharmony.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm starting to feel inclined to throw my hands up in the air and fold, as I have no idea who would *really* be a great match for me.

However, I find I have the best chemistry and am most drawn to EN's, most particularly ENTP's. I have also been in relationships with an ENFP and an ENFJ. The ENFP was disarming and I think we weren't great for each other (although it could have just been an individual thing, too), the ENFJ was very comforting and I think we were dual-counselors, but I think we were too similar and it felt more like having a chummy friend than a romantic partner. I dated an ENTJ back in college and he was actually a lot of fun.

I've dated some introverts, but I think I'm so introverted that another introvert isn't a terribly great match for both of our sakes. I haven't had anything longterm with another introvert. I'd prefer more of a complement.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're also really good at pestering you about certain dates and what you'll be doing in a few hours and just being uptight nuisances in general!
That's kind of why I'm afraid of you guys. :cry:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- Have you ever dated NTs (yes/no and optionally: how many)
Yes, quite a few, particularly one INTJ & two INTPs. I've gone out with several other NTs on first dates. Either we did not click (mutually), and/or I found them to be one or more of the following: belligerent, self-absorbed, dull, critical, and too nerdy.

- Have you ever dated NFs (yes/no and optionally: how many)
Yes, I went out once with an INFP, who I did not like. He was too young, immature, & self-absorbed.

However, I have many close NF male friends who I adore. Based on this, I think I would like to date an NF man much more than an NT, but it depends on the individual.

- Why do you prefer as you do?
I find most NF men kinder, warmer, gentler, more personable & respectful, and all around more suited to my personality.

However, I will date any type if I like the person. It is not a factor for me, even if I have ideals in "theory".

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an INTJ and I prefer a partner who has a vagina and is not fat.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
T or F, I don't give a crap, but I do have a slight preference for my partner to be a stronger Fe user than Fi.