• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NF and NT singles: Which Type of Partner do you Prefer?

Which Type of Partner do you Prefer?

• I am an NF and I prefer NTs

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I am an NF and I prefer NFs

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I am an NT and I prefer NFs

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • I am an NT and I prefer NTs

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I am an N and I prefer Ss

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer both NTs and NFs.

- Have you ever dated NTs (yes/no and optionally: how many)
Yes, an INTP once. It worked out in the short run, but in the long run we both decided things wouldn't work.

- Have you ever dated NFs (yes/no and optionally: how many)
Yep, just one, an ENFP. Things didn't work out towards the end. We ended up arguing constantly, and I think that perhaps I was a bit too critical towards him.

- Why do you prefer as you do?
With a preference for both, NTs counterbalance my emotional side a bit, help to rationalize what I'm feeling. They don't fuss too much if something goes wrong, they just jump right into the problem solving process. I think growing up with an NT dad, I tend to find that NTs can cool me down a bit when I get moody. They're a source of stability, a great mentor. Plus, I love how they are intelligent and I like it even better if they are involved in science. It's cute when someone is into technology and nerdy stuff. I tend to connect with them with science.

I also like NFs as well. I find them romantic, sensitive and empathetic. I tend to reveal a bit of my softer side more often with NFs. I feel I can express myself and be emotionally transparent with them. If they get too emotionally worked up, it can be stressful for me because I tend to pick up on their emotions. Despite this, I feel that I can go on with them about art and music.

Depends on what works best, to be honest.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd rather be with an NT over an NF simply because of the fear of it being too similar and brother-like, but honestly my longest relationships have all been with xSFx guys. I think F men are easier to bond with. I've been attracted to or had entanglements with NTs, and it never goes well.

I could be wrong, though. Whatever. At this point, I've stopped judging who I would or wouldn't date by type.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I just really like theoretical discussions, and I would like someone to balance out my weak points. I think an INTJ would be perfect for me, except he needs to have really developed Fi. And on my side, for that to work, I need to become more consistent about my feelings and less threatened by 'constructive' criticism. But, I wouldn't actively select based on type. Knowing about types would just be a heads-up. You never know. I have seen really odd couplings - and they work. I am most impressed by NTs, but that may not work in reality.