User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Type of Partner do you Prefer?

37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an NF and I prefer NTs

9 24.32%
  • I am an NF and I prefer NFs

5 13.51%
  • I am an NT and I prefer NFs

16 43.24%
  • I am an NT and I prefer NTs

6 16.22%
  • I am an N and I prefer Ss

1 2.70%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NF and NT singles: Which Type of Partner do you Prefer?

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Ts are the best, Fs smell funny.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Js are great for Ps... I discovered that after fearing them... they make sure that necissary things occur- for instance, they pay the bills, they remember laundry detergent and toilet paper at the store and they remember to lock the door on the way out of the house... I tend to forget practical things of that sort
    We're also really good at pestering you about certain dates and what you'll be doing in a few hours and just being uptight nuisances in general! Ah, what a disaster it would be if I were with a P...

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    We're also really good at pestering you about certain dates and what you'll be doing in a few hours and just being uptight nuisances in general! Ah, what a disaster it would be if I were with a P...
    I can put up with such behavior if it means that I never have to deal with paying an electric bill or figuring out my taxes again!

I find such behavior kind of funny and endearing actually... I suppose that's evil of me
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Me: INTP
    Dated: All NF types except INFJ. I really do think that INFJ (other things equal) would be the best fit for me. So here's lookin' at you kids!

I've never dated an NT, but I have known both ENTP and INTP women. Not really for me. We have a blast talking, I just don't ever feel anything romantic for them. There's something about the F that does it for me. We don't always see eye to eye on everything, but who does? There's a sort of elegance to them - and it compliments my T and keeps me in check I suppose. I've said before that ENTJ could possibly work for me, as long as she didn't start trying to boss me around and stuff, cuz that aint happening honey. INTJ - not sure.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

INFj None

Not single, but I very much like my INTP partner. We are very compatible and by now we've got most of the practical stuff worked out enough to avert real disaster or disharmony.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

4 so/sp

I'm starting to feel inclined to throw my hands up in the air and fold, as I have no idea who would *really* be a great match for me.

However, I find I have the best chemistry and am most drawn to EN's, most particularly ENTP's. I have also been in relationships with an ENFP and an ENFJ. The ENFP was disarming and I think we weren't great for each other (although it could have just been an individual thing, too), the ENFJ was very comforting and I think we were dual-counselors, but I think we were too similar and it felt more like having a chummy friend than a romantic partner. I dated an ENTJ back in college and he was actually a lot of fun.

I've dated some introverts, but I think I'm so introverted that another introvert isn't a terribly great match for both of our sakes. I haven't had anything longterm with another introvert. I'd prefer more of a complement.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

7w6 sx/sp
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    We're also really good at pestering you about certain dates and what you'll be doing in a few hours and just being uptight nuisances in general!
    That's kind of why I'm afraid of you guys.

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

- Have you ever dated NTs (yes/no and optionally: how many)
    Yes, quite a few, particularly one INTJ & two INTPs. I've gone out with several other NTs on first dates. Either we did not click (mutually), and/or I found them to be one or more of the following: belligerent, self-absorbed, dull, critical, and too nerdy.

- Have you ever dated NFs (yes/no and optionally: how many)
    Yes, I went out once with an INFP, who I did not like. He was too young, immature, & self-absorbed.

However, I have many close NF male friends who I adore. Based on this, I think I would like to date an NF man much more than an NT, but it depends on the individual.

- Why do you prefer as you do?
    I find most NF men kinder, warmer, gentler, more personable & respectful, and all around more suited to my personality.

However, I will date any type if I like the person. It is not a factor for me, even if I have ideals in "theory".
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

I'm an INTJ and I prefer a partner who has a vagina and is not fat.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

9w8 so/sx

T or F, I don't give a crap, but I do have a slight preference for my partner to be a stronger Fe user than Fi.