• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New System of Typing?

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
I've determined another method of personality typing. There are four axis...es? Axi? Whatever...

• Axis one is the axis of Though vs. Emotion. Essentially Thinker vs. Feeler.
  • Axis two is the axis of Body vs. Spirit. Kind of like Sensor vs. Feeler, but also kind of like Extraversion vs. Introversion.
  • Axis three is the axis of Good vs. Evil, and my explanation proceeds thusly: Duh.
  • Axis four is the axis of Chaos vs. Lawfulness. Yes, I took the last two from D&D; they have a good system.

It's really very similar to MBTI, with the exception/bonus of including moral alignment as well as general personality. However, my spider-sense tells me this has been done before, maybe, though a suspiciously quick search through the forums reveals nothing.

Anyway, by this system, an ESTP, for instance, would be something a Chaotic-Whichever Physical Thinker (or a C?PT), depending on moral alignment, which I'm hesitant to speculate on in the potential presence of actual ESTPs...

*short pause*

See how I avoided talking about myself there? You must think me the height of humility!

*very false-looking smile, accompanied by a period of silence both awkward and pronounced*

...Other INFs will understand that exchange, I expect. Also: Neutral. Moving on.

I realize it's rather rough cut, but it does have potential (in my most humble opinion), and on a different, but related note, doesn't "Thereforth" sound like a word? It should be one; It's a good word. What say the masses?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
What happens if I fall into the middle of the Good vs. Evil axis? To use the D&D system, I've always been chaotic neutral.

And are your first two axes expressed character behaviors like Kiersey or are they cognitive tendencies, beneath the surface?

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
RE: JocktheMotie

What happens if I fall into the middle of the Good vs. Evil axis? To use the D&D system, I've always been chaotic neutral.
Then you're Chaotic Neutral. The four-character code would be set up thus:

Lawful/Chaotic - Good/Evil - Physical/Spiritual - Thinker/Feeler

The axi places don't change in the code, regardless of their orientation, so you could replace any of them with Ns (the letter, not the type), and still keep relative legibility.

And are your first two axes expressed character behaviors like Kiersey or are they cognitive tendencies, beneath the surface?
There's a difference? Each expresses tendency towards a specific mindset. Whether or not that bleeds through into the material plane is up to that surprisingly small portion of the mind we call free will.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
alignment tests always place me as chaotic good... it makes me slightly sad :cry:

(there, you got an ESTP reply!)

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
RE: whatever

alignment tests always place me as chaotic good... it makes me slightly sad :cry:
Which part: the "Chaotic", or the "Good"?

(there, you got an ESTP reply!)

Dance of the Mystics! :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the good part... chaotic was to be expected! :laugh:

I can't help but to be good despite the fact that evil is so much more interesting! :blush:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Thought, Body, Evil, Lawfulness... hm hm hm hm....

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Axis two is the axis of Body vs. Spirit. Kind of like Sensor vs. Feeler, but also kind of like Extraversion vs. Introversion.

Can you explain this one a little bit ?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*is jealous of Max's ability to be evil*

:dry:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I laugh, then I help them... I can't help it :sorry:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If we presume Spirit = rich/complex inner world I would be Thought, Spirit , Evil , Lawful .

Aka TSEL.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've determined another method of personality typing.
[*]Axis three is the axis of Good vs. Evil, and my explanation proceeds

I'm curious as to weather this would be flexible rather than fixed. My first thought was of reformed characters...e.g
Person who has violent tendencies, mugs people and beats them up, aggravated burgulary etc...goes to jail many times then has a turning point and puts their experience into working with young offenders to get them on the right (good) path.

I'm also wondering what this would be based upon, some devience can be positive. And morally what would be the standpoint, religious/societal?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quick question: You said that one of the axes was Body vs. Mind? And then you used as an example "Chaotic-Whatever Physical Thinker?" So... since you used the word "body" in one place and "physical" in the other, what word are you going to replace "mental" with? I ask because I <3 specifics. :D

I like that this new system doesn't correlate exactly with MBTI (proven by Max's fun with being evil :laugh: compared to my always - and I mean ALWAYS - being Lawful Good in D&D, no matter how I try to be Lawful Neutral.) I guess that makes me a "Lawful-Good Physical Thinker" (LGPT).

This is pretty cool. Are you going to write out some type descriptions??? :happy2: <--- is excited

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and I'd be Chaotic Good Physical Thinker :cheese:

I kinna like it! :)

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP

Thanks. So, from that page, it's this idea:

"The moral axis has three positions: good, neutral and evil. Good characters generally care about the welfare of others. Neutral people generally care about their own welfare. Evil people generally seek to harm the others' welfare."

There seem to be aspects of good/evil in many of the questions. Which ones would you say are measuring that?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't even know if it would be comparable to the MBTI somehow :thinking:

maybe...

:doh: