User Tag List

First 12

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I don't like hanging up on people tho. That's rude.
    Yeah.

Because of the nature of the job, telemarketers pretty much have to exploit this in other people. This extends to other 'pushy' sales positions, too.

I can only rationalize hanging up by the fact that they halfway expect their clients to hang up anyway.

Enneagram

I use caller I.D. They always call from weird numbers. Anyway, I guess ENTP would be the best because they have some Ne+Fe to grease the wheels and they don't get upset by minor insults coming from unknown people. But like Whatever said (who is an ESTP, I know, but I still think it applies) it would be boring for them, they would have to stand still, attention span, etc. So I don't think anyone would really be perfect for the job. I could never do that though. I get anxious about calling my friends because I am afraid I will interrupt; I could never impose on someone I know even less. Also I couldn't handle all the rudeness. It'd be like getting spit on every 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I could never do that though. I get anxious about calling my friends because I am afraid I will interrupt; I could never impose on someone I know even less. Also I couldn't handle all the rudeness. It'd be like getting spit on every 2 minutes.
    Same here. Horrible, horrible job.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ugh... I can't stand cold calling people... it's BORING And... I'd have to sit still!

I've worked in door to door sales and in retail sales (and some wholesale work as well!) I am fine with upselling, but I actually think it takes a bit more stubborn determination and an attention span than I could manage
    I have to agree with whatever. It is totally boring. I like selling things to people because it can be interesting and engaging. Telemarketing? Blech.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    When they call asking for Mr. Jaguar, I say: "He died last week."
    Hee Hee, that's funny!

My standard response:

"You're looking for Mr. Halla? Well I am too. That motherfucker owes me money so if you find out where he is please call me back."

:yim_rolling_on_the_
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Extraverts. Fe, Ne, and Se doms would be best in telemarketing, or any sales position for that matter.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllDWSbuDsQ"]This is how you do it[/YOUTUBE]