User Tag List

123 Last

Default Defensive Ti or defensive Fi?

Why is Fi so defensive? Why are Fi users so sensitive when you question Fi?

How does it defend itself?

Why is Ti so defensive? Why are Ti users so sensitive when you question Ti?

How does Ti defend itself?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Ti does not want to be an idiot- Ti hates idiots, they are the epitome of all that is bad and wrong with the universe- there are very few things worse than arguing with someone and they pull out a piece of information that YOU DID NOT ALREADY KNOW! :horor: Ti feels embarassed, Ti feels defensive and Ti feels the need to patch the hole that was poked in their carefully constructed web of knowlege... Ti lashes out at you... often with a sarcastic comment or insult
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

But that's why the good lord gave us primary Ne. To help ti grow out of the petty Iknowitallshutup phase.
    Amen
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    But that's why the good lord gave us primary Ne. To help ti grow out of the petty Iknowitallshutup phase.
    Amen
    unfortunatly, this does not explain way too many of the younger ENTPs on the board
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram

How does it defend itself?

Well I am not so sure Fi can. It's hard to justify seemingly arbitrary values to non Fi users, or even Fi users really. Fi is a highly personal, elusive thing. When you were 5 you might have been attached to your teddy bear. If someone then sets the bear on fire you would be very upset. They might argue: It's not a living thing, it's just a bunch of synthetic materials that inaccurately depicts an animal. In the grand scheme of things this bear means nothing. You (as the child) aren't going to listen, and I think we can all agree it was a dick move to burn the bear, even if you couldn't justify your feelings verbally. That arson clearly doesn't understand the individual emotional value attached to the bear.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Amen
    I always found it easier to just know everything in the universe than to have to learn to be humble...

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Ti does not want to be an idiot- Ti hates idiots, they are the epitome of all that is bad and wrong with the universe- there are very few things worse than arguing with someone and they pull out a piece of information that YOU DID NOT ALREADY KNOW! :horor: Ti feels embarassed, Ti feels defensive and Ti feels the need to patch the hole that was poked in their carefully constructed web of knowlege... Ti lashes out at you... often with a sarcastic comment or insult
    Yes, those are some good examples of Ti foibles.
    - Hate dealing with morons.
    - Hate being caught off-guard by not knowing something.
    - Hate it when people get caught up on irrelevant surface stuff and do things that ultimately shoot them (and me) in both feet.
    - Emo displays can be unsettling.
    - Hate being called stupid or seen as dumb/wrong by someone whose intelligence I do not respect.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Introverted Judgment is very subjective. It's our own conclusion that we think is right, but the outside world might reject it. So we are defensive of it.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I thought Ti was more "I don't care", and Fi was more "I care a lot".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Fi is defensive about deeply held beliefs and the validity of its perspective. It tends to lash out when central beliefs are dismissed or attacked. Fi also tends to get upset when the personhood of others isn't respected.

If Ti hates idiots, Fi hates cruel and/or dismissive assholes.

When attacked, Fi usually retreats or questions the emotional/moral integrity of the attacker. If pushed, may use Fi-based insights to go for the soft emotional underbelly of the attacker.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I thought Ti was more "I don't care", and Fi was more "I care a lot".
    prove an INTP wrong about something... or try to... come back and let me see how THAT turns out for you...