User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I don't see solid defense or offensive use of Ti.

I know when I have been asked or feel backed into a corner where I have to explain my motivations in order to clear a situation up or I *care* about doing so I am both defensive and offensive at the same time. Kind of like punching someone in the face while asking them to stop hurting you. It's really uncomfortable for the exact and excellent point Poki made in that last sentence.

Ti explained is Ti displayed.
    If you have several Ti reasons you can choose different paths to take. So Ti explained still has a way of hiding, but yes it can be like punching them while asking them to stop hurting. It really sucks in this manner.
    Im out, its been fun

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I think there is a degree of self-consciousness involved. When you know something so deeply and completely but at the same time realize there is no real way to effectively explain and justify it in words, it can be incredibly frustrating. Although you know that the thought in your head actually makes sense, you don't seem to have the capacity to convey that logic to others and you are keenly aware of it. The self-conscious frustation with your own ineptitude makes you quick to jump on responses of disbelief, indifference and derision.

Also Fi qualities are so often dismissed as a having little worthwhile to contribute to society; that its just a silly and pathetic function that lacks the significance and practicality of the others. Perhaps Fi users become defensive because we are (unconsciously) deseprately trying to resist this idea.
    Last edited by Southern Kross; 05-04-2010 at 07:40 AM.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    If you have several Ti reasons you can choose different paths to take. So Ti explained still has a way of hiding, but yes it can be like punching them while asking them to stop hurting. It really sucks in this manner.
    Ah. There always more than one Ti reason even when there isn't...but there always is.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Ah. There always more than one Ti reason even when there isn't...but there always is.
    In its defensive form you will never know
    Im out, its been fun