• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any function more of less useful than others?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
House Ordos ........... anyone ? :whistling:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erOxb_yZru4&feature=related"]House Ordos[/YOUTUBE]

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I suddenly pictured having dinner at a restaurant with "No Fe."

Jag: I'll have the filet mignon, please.

Waiter: Fuck you, asshole! Get it yourself! I'm not your goddamn servant!
:D

I'm assuming SimWorld is the waiter at the restaurant? :laugh: :newwink:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I suddenly pictured having dinner at a restaurant with "No Fe."

Jag: I'll have the filet mignon, please.
Waiter: Fuck you, asshole! Get it yourself! I'm not your goddamn servant!

:D

I could be wrong but this is totally Fe reaction.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
***quick study break when I should be studying for finals...***

Yes. Since the Te makes sure that you see that as soon as you go against the "system" you are risking collapse which will probably lead to your death.

Also just because there is no Fe that does not apply that the concept of community is out of the equation. It is just that people would be far more reserved towards each other.

Place a number of IxTJs in one place and you will see this dynamic at work.

My intuitive guess: NTPs more likely to be active contributors to open source...they like their little community where people show loyalties to little projects that no one makes any money on :laugh:

Hmm this is very interesting. It makes sense.

To keep with Babylon's idea, I see a Fe world view as perpetuating and engaging prosocial and eusocial attitudes and behavior.

I think that an environment devoid of Fe, but full of healthy Te and Fi would seem like a bunch of independent city-states strung together only working with each other to increase trade or business or something but without a real sense of interconnectedness or community.

I could be wrong but this is totally Fe reaction.

Fe is as much about DIS-loyalty as it is loyalty. Fe people think just as much about who is NOT on their team as much as who is... (so yes the waiter could still be inline with a macro Fe world view)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't think a lack of Fe is inherently negative, if anything it's neutral, and that's it. Complete depersonalization.

In Jaguar's example, the waiter's response would just be "Okay." And Jaguar wouldn't have said please :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
In Jaguar's example, the waiter's response would just be "Okay." And Jaguar wouldn't have said please :D

Wrong.

He may or may not have said please, depending on whether or not it's an Fi value of his, or whether or not his Te told him, "you'd better say please, or you might hurt your chances for world domination."

:2ar15:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi. It's utterly useless in order to accomplish stuff in this world.

I would however refuse to live in a world without it, as there is no meaning to life at that point. Fi lights the path on this journey called life. Without it, there's no point in making that trip as you'd miss out on the greatest part of it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I would however refuse to live in a world without it, as there is no meaning to life at that point. Fi lights the path on this journey called life. Without it, there's no point in making that trip as you'd miss out on the greatest part of it.

my thoughts on Fe... if I didn't get to feel Fe oozing around society I really don't see a point in calling it a society or bothering to live in it! :laugh:

I really think that people are being intentionally obtuse stereotypes here without thinking before typing :rolli:

now, feel free to be as idiotic as you'd like, I'm really quite tired of listening to underdeveloped types whining about why they have to put up with being nice :sick:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Motivation is Fi. Without Fi there is no goals.

my thoughts on Fe... if I didn't get to feel Fe oozing around society I really don't see a point in calling it a society or bothering to live in it! :laugh:

I really think that people are being intentionally obtuse stereotypes here without thinking before typing :rolli:

now, feel free to be as idiotic as you'd like, I'm really quite tired of listening to underdeveloped types whining about why they have to put up with being nice :sick:

I think that you are taking this thread too seriously.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
then it should have been put in the bonfire or graveyard

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Motivation is Fi. Without Fi there is no goals.

I don't disagree. In fact, I wholeheartedly agree, even, especially in my case. But most people don't even *know* why they are motivated to keep things in order or do what the boss says. It's just how it's done, that's all they know. As long as someone tells them to do something, they will still do it, if it gets them security and something to do. Fi *is* useless, in that respect, at least to them. They use a sliver of it and don't even know it. So..when it comes down to getting things done and accomplished in life...Fi isn't the most useful thing to have around as you need the bare minimum, it would appear to get things done. Not the case with the other functions.

G

Ginkgo

he's not getting any here... I only like men who can display a reasonable sense of Fe :rolleyes:

Damn girl why you gotta be hatin'. That ain't Fe like. It's hard enough for a brother gettin' your cell phone jacked every other week.