User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    just because you don't understand Fe or like for people to be pleasant to you doesn't mean that everyone else is like you... :rolli:... even people with lower Fe usually appreciate Fe in others!

Plus, it's a helpful function because it cares about you... would you rather me not take the time out of my cover letter writing to kindly explain this to you?
    I wish I had Fe. It really is very beautiful and caring. I dont always understand it and I know I irritate Fe users, but yeah, there is beauty in that sense of social caring and togetherness.

I'm still wondering how any function could be considered irrelevant
    I think I'll leave that one alone. Things might get ugly.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i've thought about this from the Ti/ Fi angle. perhaps if INTPs, for example, were to develop a strong Fi, would their Ti suffer from that? we need people who have a strong Ti, as we need people who have a strong Fi, as well.
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    yes, latin lover, I agree with the post labeling as such, utter guesses for sure, however there is something very odd about why they split so evenly.

Why would biology evolve two groups which side by side just have horrific miscommunications endlessly, when either one could function in isolation alone? There is something missing or not quite right. Evolution's answer is almost always the best, thus why evolve a broken society?

There is something missing. I just guess around it. I dunno, just playing with Ne and poking at webs o' string.
    Sometimes that which regard as "imperfect" is actually rather perfect as is: the imperfection is our understanding, that that which we observe.

I can write "perfect" computer code. It doesn't do very much, but it will be bug-free, easy to maintain, always work exactly correctly.

However, in order to write useful code, imperfections creep in. What happens is that there are all sorts of "use cases" with conflicting requirements. In order to meet all of the requirements, some of them must be compromised to a degree. The more utility you want in the code, the more "imperfections" must exist.

Now take that argument to the biological/sociological level: the systems are extremely complex, no one is capable of fully understanding all of the interactions. Yet it all mostly "works" in spite of the "imperfections." One sample necessary imperfection: aging. People get old. But the alternative appears to be worse - some research indicates that cancer is the result of cells that don't acknowledge the DNA's aging instructions, and thus grow out of control.

When I see things that I think could be made better, I remain very cautious. I live by the maxim, "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it."
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yes. Since the Te makes sure that you see that as soon as you go against the "system" you are risking collapse which will probably lead to your death.

Also just because there is no Fe that does not apply that the concept of community is out of the equation. It is just that people would be far more reserved towards each other.

Place a number of IxTJs in one place and you will see this dynamic at work.
    I know what a Fi/Te environment looks like because I work in one (as opposed to a Te/Fi environment). Even being in a Fi/Te environment there's not much of a sense of cohesiveness...they seem to be afterthoughts or concessions to vague feelings that people want to feel like their contributions matter or that people need to be actively shown appreciation, merit, or reward.

Which is funny because even if it's not an active thought that others may want or need it, it's still very much appreciated when it's given. Which is some kind of twisted irony I think.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

just because you don't understand Fe or like for people to be pleasant to you doesn't mean that everyone else is like you... :rolli:... even people with lower Fe usually appreciate Fe in others!

Plus, it's a helpful function because it cares about you... would you rather me not take the time out of my cover letter writing to kindly explain this to you?

This is not about what I prefer. This is about which function you can remove and still have a society. In other words: removal of wich function would cause smallest damage? So I said Fe and gave my reasons. (what people like is not in the center here)

What would be your vote/choice then ?

Also Fi which you are trying to develope/understand is fully capable of caring for people. It is just that it is not so open and visible.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

It's also interesting that women tend to be 70+% F, and vice versa men, T. Even if you consider half of those women are Fe, that's 35-40% Fe in women. It must be important somehow, perhaps for child rearing and extended family cohesiveness, yet these concepts might not be as important in a developing, burgeoning world with more limited population growth. But overcrowding will become/is a serious situation in cities, etc. I can only imagine what ignorance to a societal code of ethics would look like in future, as overcrowding increases. Our technology can only take us so far, we have to live with each other along the way.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This is not about what I prefer. This is about which function you can remove and still have a society. In other words: removal of wich function would cause smallest damage? So I said Fe and gave my reasons. (what people like is not in the center here)

What would be your vote/choice then ?

Also Fi which you are trying to develope/understand is fully capable of caring for people. It is just that it is not so open and visible.
    without Fe there wouldn't BE a cohesive society!

seriously

I wouldn't vote to get rid of ANY of them- they all have their place and necessity- it'd be like choosing whether I'd rather get rid of my liver, lungs or heart!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

seriously

I wouldn't vote to get rid of ANY of them- they all have their place and necessity- it'd be like choosing whether I'd rather get rid of my liver, lungs or heart!

Correct. Basicly this is what I said a few posts back.
    However this is one of those "what if" threads that has a hard choice in it.

I suddenly pictured having dinner at a restaurant with "No Fe."

Jag: I'll have the filet mignon, please.
    Waiter: Fuck you, asshole! Get it yourself! I'm not your goddamn servant!