User Tag List

First 12

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    haha, my XSTJ is rather reflective, insightful, and fits pretty well with your definition, aj. He's really into new age thinking and the sort. But then again, some of his really good friends are INXPs. However, I would agree with you that it is going to biased towards IN and to a certain extent EN.

EDIT: I am pretty sure he's XSTJ because he gets rather upset when the family breaks tradition like not getting a real Christmas tree, he went to school to be a commissioned military officer (very SJish), has a somewhat forced use of Ne, and gets irritated at people for not following directions.
    Maybe some of that insight and such came with age though? A certain amount of wisdom is beat into you if you live long enough.

Do you know any younger ESTJs with those qualities?

MBTI and the P76

I used to work on the Leyland assembly line putting together P76 engines for motor cars.

And to improve our productivity we tried many changes to our work practices.

We put a lot of thought into these changes to get the best productivity, but we found that no matter what change we made, productivity increased.

So our insight was that it was change itself that improved productivity.

So if we had fixated on one change, we would never have gained the insight.

And our insight was similar to the insight that placebos improve health.

And it may well be that MBTI acts in the same way.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Maybe some of that insight and such came with age though? A certain amount of wisdom is beat into you if you live long enough.

Do you know any younger ESTJs with those qualities?
    That might be it. He's 23... I am not sure if that counts or not. I think I know one other younger ESTJ that has those qualities. I think as long you know how to think independently, are smart, and intellectual, you're most likely going to be insightful. However, I will bet that INs beat every other group in the intellectual department. Plus many of them are intelligent.

To note: intellect and intelligence are two completely different things. Intelligence= how fast you catch onto things and retain it. Intellect= curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Even though I gravitate towards experience myself, I would agree that some downtime is definitely valuable..

If there was one extreme or the other though, I'd have to admit that the guy contemplating and sitting on his ass all day actually might know a thing or two more than the guy immersed in experience. Mainly because he is inclined to be less subjective. He's got a world of materials presenting multiple perspectives in his hands. And he knows how to dissect them. In practice, he could still be incompetent and come off like a joke and ruin his credibility, but he's probably more insightful in his own way.
    Maybe, but not always... I also know people who are such navel-gazers that they almost become fixated on this world they have created in their minds. They think they are profound, but not everyone finds the inner workings of their mind so fascinating. They aren't less subjective, they have an internal, self-serving bias. Not a lot of people, and I suspect (or hope) they will learn as the grow.

It could be that I am frustrated with it in others because I am frustrated when I find this behavior popping up in myself...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    To note: intellect and intelligence are two completely different things.
    Yes, intellectuals love ideas while the intelligent merely process them.