User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    I'd say that Ss feel less weirdos than Ns, Es less than Is and Js less than Ps (in this order). As for the F/T axis, I think women are perceived as less weird when they're F and men when they're T.

So an ESTJ man and an ESFJ woman would be less likely to feel like weirdos, while an INFP man and an INTP woman are more likely to do so.
    I agree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I think ENXJs should get special consideration here. The ENXPs are weirdos...but at least they typically live with it and people know it.

The ENXJs on the other hand are usually better at trying to fake it. Thus we spend more of our lives feeling like either: "I hate having to constantly try to be normal!" or "If I were to ever just be as weird as I think, people would flip out".
    I see this with ENFJs....part of it is they almost cannot help but adapt to their situation. I suppose its a gift & a curse.

But I love their inner weirdos!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    usually the most normal/boring people claim they are weird, I've found.
    It's those quiet ones you have to watch.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I imagine SJ's would feel the least wierd, mine was almost offended when that question came up in the test.
    I always inform my ISTJ that he's such a weird man (usually for doing something so stereotypically manish that it makes me laugh... like setting up a man lair in the garage and then playing mega man out there )... I always get stared at in return with the phrase "as if you have any room to talk weird lady"

I personally think that everyone is pretty weird though, so eh...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I'm starting to believe that those who classify themselves as 'weird' are just people who felt different to their peers. It's just... after a while... You sort of realise that everybody is a little quirky on the inside.

But Yeah. The SJ/NF/NT/SP who spent most of their childhood as a loner? They're definitely more likely to believe they are weird and believe that's the reason they didn't connect to others.

If you get on well with others, and they don't seem that different to you, chances are... you're not really going to worry about the whole weird/normal dichotomy. If you don't think about it, you're not really going to identify yourself as weird. These are the people who believe they're perfectly normal. xP

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

If you get on well with others, and they don't seem that different to you, chances are... you're not really going to worry about the whole weird/normal dichotomy. If you don't think about it, you're not really going to identify yourself as weird. These are the people who believe they're perfectly normal. xP

I've never felt weird on the surface. It's not something I think about most of the time. I blend in pretty well. The only times I do feel strange is when I start talking about how I think to someone or why I think the way I do or why I did the thing I did. It makes perfect sense to me but a few people have told me "you're weird" after I've done that. So I don't do that too often.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Reminds me of my ISFP friend who claimed she was normal. Then again, she viewed most people as normal with a few odd behaviours. It's only when examining things very intensely that she goes into a weird funky mood... ^^' awkward....

It's certainly a different opinion to the idea that most people are weird, especially when shown all those psychological experiments regarding human nature. Only the 'weird' people focus on what is normal/weird.

You'd think this would apply to the SJ, if their stereotype about wanting to be normal is true, but what's really happening is that some individuals are more inclined to just get on with things rather than be bothered about whether their behaviour is normal or not. If it's not, they'll just shift it to what is the 'correct' thing to do. A person that's constantly doing this isn't really going to think their behaviour is that weird. =o

MBTI
    INTJ

I know I am weird, demographically, given what I've done, and what I do.

By definition, everyone cannot be at the 50th percentile.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It's those quiet ones you have to watch.