User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I didn't feel that I was weird until about 6th grade when I realized that acting as if everyone uses the same mental processes as me was flawed.

Now I accept I'm different, although not completely sold on "weird".
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    Don't know about the rest of you, but as a teacher I have plenty of experience with young people and I can tell you that every single one of them was a weird little snowflake in some regard.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

As far as I know the biggest weirdos are usually people who don't feel like one.
    What is perfectly compatible with the fact that most people consider themselves as weirdos. (since they are not)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    As far as I know the biggest weirdos are usually people who don't feel like one.
    What is perfectly compatible with the fact that most people consider themselves as weirdos. (since they are not)
    +1!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I think every type/function has weird potential..like Te could be the autistic who can recite batting avgs for every 3rd baseman on the Baltimore Orioles dating back to 1979.. Ne can read minds.. Si might like sleep upside down. Se... well, i think some ladyboys can be pretty damn hot.

Enneagram

I think while we all feel "different" sometimes, and it can be in a negative way, or in a positive way. I don't know if every type feels like a weirdo as part of their self-concept though.

Everyone takes their sense of difference, well, differently. Some NT's feel different when they see how much smarter they are than everyone (Not all NT's are smarter of course). Usually they are not guilty about this, they take pride in it. Not just that though, sometimes their objective view of the world can make it hard for them to fit in and relate to others, and this can make them lonely. NT's need love too! We NF's sometimes like to think we're special, and we place a lot of emphasis on individual difference, and we like this usually, because we find difference gives the world humanity. However, we are also self-conscious about being different and it is very important for us to have connection to people, so if we don't fit in it can be very upsetting for us. Some NF's will turn this tragedy int a point of pride and equate their tragic flaw as something that makes them special, some will just feel like crap. I have no idea about SP's, but they seem to be the cool ones in-step with things, but they must feel similar things to this as well. I am sure SJ's have felt out of place, but they usually have such a strong grasp on how to be in place that it might not come up as much. When it does I am sure it's awful for them, since so much of their identity is staked on normalcy. But even if once in a while SJ's felt weird, I don't think that's how most SJ's would characterize themselves.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I always thought I was weird and that there were "normal" people until college when I had the most normal room mate ever. I found out after hanging out with her for a while that she could be as weird as anyone, she just probably didn't show that side very often. After seeing her be weird I know that everyone has some weird in them.

She married a traditional guy and has a traditional life and I wonder if anyone ever sees it or if she just seems very normal all the time. I like that I'm able to help even the most "normal" people act weird

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I imagine SJ's would feel the least wierd, mine was almost offended when that question came up in the test.
    It is said the SJs are matter-of-fact.
    In other words, they are concerned about the topic. It is true.
    As long as the topic is not weird.

I'd say that Ss feel less weirdos than Ns, Es less than Is and Js less than Ps (in this order). As for the F/T axis, I think women are perceived as less weird when they're F and men when they're T.

So an ESTJ man and an ESFJ woman would be less likely to feel like weirdos, while an INFP man and an INTP woman are more likely to do so.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

usually the most normal/boring people claim they are weird, I've found. It's pretty apparent even by looking at some people's social networking profiles, who seem to be drawn to claiming they're weird or out of the norm, when they're dirt average and typical. They'll label themselves with things that at one time had negative connotations but now it just makes people feel unique or something. A good example is that 'My Life as Liz' show on mtv if you've ever heard of it.

it's a pet peeve of mine but it's not necessarily related to type. Anyone can fall into it, Intros, extros, sensors, intuiters, etc..

my plea: STOP