User Tag List

First 23456 Last

In elementary and middle school I felt like a total weirdo.
    In high school I felt quite weird.
    Then in college I felt only a little weird.
    In grad school i felt totally normal and rational and not at all weird.

Then I got a job. THEY WERE ALL STILL HERE. THOSE PEOPLE FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL. I was weird all over again. God damn it. It seems they just didnt want to grow up to be biophysicists, thus stopped showing up in my classes sometime in high school.

On the plus side my definition of normal seems to be an NTP. This could explain a lot.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

My sister says she's the only white sheep in a family full of black sheep!! lol Backstroking in a sea of weirdness!! Poor girl!!
    Welcome to the Rabbit Hole
    The Cheshire Cat

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't know who or what originally made this poster (I find a lot of synapse's posters hanging around without credit given - of course, his posters are usually made from google images with no credit given so I guess it evens out) but here you go - I think this sums it up well:

(in case the image doesnt work Enfp motivational image by LalaLovesSakura on Photobucket )

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    ^
    I don't feel like a weirdo but people clearly perceive me to be so. I think I'm a perfectly normal and reasonable human being, and its everyone else that is weird for not getting me.

This is the first sign of weirdness.
    Same here . I only feel weird because of how people react to me and because I've noted that I tend to think/feel differently from what other people around me express.

In the "ask an ESTJ" thread, I actually asked if she if ever feels weird or wonders if she is normal, and she said it rarely crosses her mind (or something along those lines). It seemed like it was a fleeting worry that was quickly dismissed. And it came in the form of a random worry, not any real consideration based on experience.

For me, I've spent time pondering this because I am trying to figure out why people respond to me in certain ways. I've realized they think I am odd. Then I wonder what is "normal" and I observe "normal" people & think they are ridiculous. I've definitely had a sense of alienation my whole life...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    It's easy to feel like the only weirdo around... isn't this just a part of the human condition? i.e. we all feel like weirdos, just in different ways, and forget that other people feel like weirdos in their own ways...
    I think NPs have 'weirdo' thrust upon them. The introverts feel kooky/damaged/'different' and the extraverts just act kooky/damaged/different. LOL.

I really like your post though, I think it's very true.

I think that people are more normal than they think and more abnormal than they are aware. It just depends on what you focus on.

Some people look very normal but feel very different. Some people look really different but feel perfectly in step with society and normal.

Yes, I know, this is turning into one of 'those' posts. :P

It's important to celebrate our uniqueness but also see the ways we're connected.

I'm going to start my drum circle now.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    On the plus side my definition of normal seems to be an NTP. This could explain a lot.

Dooooood, that's not normal.

I think I've discovered the root of your problems, lol.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think NPs have 'weirdo' thrust upon them. The introverts feel kooky/damaged/'different' and the extraverts just act kooky/damaged/different. LOL.

I think that people are more normal than they think and more abnormal than they are aware. It just depends on what you focus on.

Some people look very normal but feel very different. Some people look really different but feel perfectly in step with society and normal.

It's important to celebrate our uniqueness but also see the ways we're connected.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w"]...and we are all connected to each other, in a circle, in a hoop that never ends[/YOUTUBE]
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

I love this post.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I think ENXJs should get special consideration here. The ENXPs are weirdos...but at least they typically live with it and people know it.

The ENXJs on the other hand are usually better at trying to fake it. Thus we spend more of our lives feeling like either: "I hate having to constantly try to be normal!" or "If I were to ever just be as weird as I think, people would flip out".

MBTI
    INTP

Don't know about the rest of you, but as a teacher I have plenty of experience with young people and I can tell you that every single one of them was a weird little snowflake in some regard.