User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Type C Genome Project

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    451 sx/so
    ENFj Ni

Exclamation Type C Genome Project

I have a special interest in genetics and personality type. I believe they are directly correlated, largely through my observations and experiences being adopted from birth, and having found my biological mother when I was nearly an adult, followed by recently connecting with my paternal side of the family. I see a close relationship in my children's types and my husband's and my type as well. I prefer to go by cognitive functions, but it's not really necessary; you can use mbti preferences and still see a depiction of how type play out in inheritance.

I invite you all to post your parents' types (use an educated guess, and if you are not sure, please use a 'x' to specify that) and your own type. If you have older children, it would be interesting to see that relationship as well.

Here is mine:

My biological mother is an INTJ and my biological father (according to my brother who is most likely an INTP) was an ESFJ. This easily explains my Ni/Fe, my two most utilized functions. My adoptive mom is an ISTJ and my adoptive dad was an ESTJ, and my adopted sister is an ISFP. Although I was raised around all that S, I am nothing close to sensory oriented, with the exception of Si, which I use fairly well when it comes to understanding how I'm feeling in my body--being able to physically feel and locate accurately the origin of sensations in my body. I attribute this most likely to my father's Si.

My husband's mother and father are: ISFP/ESTP respectively. My husband is ISTP. He gets his Ti/Se from his father, but he is very Fe as well, relative to a typical ISTP.
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

my family was an S/N split

mom- ISFJ
    dad- INTP
    sis- ENFJ
    me- ESTP

for further-

mom's mom- ESFJ
    mom's dad- ISTJ

dad's mom- ESTJ
    dad's dad- ESFP

and for their siblings

mom's sisters- ISTJ, ENTJ, ESFP and ESFJ
    dad's siblings- ENFP and ISTP

is that enough info?
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

937 so/sx

I thought we were all going to give DNA samples or something

How deep do you want to go? siblings / parents / grandparents? Our own children too if we have them? Sibling's children?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Courage is immortality Array Valiant's Avatar
    8w7 sx/so

My family is all incredibly N except for my big sister. She's got bipolar disorder, though, so i'd not attach a type to her. She's the only one with any form of mental problems, and they aren't that severe.

Mom: INFJ
    Dad: ENTP

Big brother: ENTP (like a straight-up copy of dad. Looks, voice etc)

Big sister: XXXX (all depending on the ups and downs) from ISFP to ENFJ. Definite F, tho.

Me: INTJ

Little Sister: INTJ

Three Ni-doms in the family isn't a coincidence. 4/6 are NT. 1 NF and a possible NF.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Heh I've always wondered about this too. I'm skeptical about there being strong genetic links to personality, however (and usually I'm the one arguing for the biological reason). Personality seems to be so malleable in response to one's environment, especially in the early years of life, so a strong genetic tie seems unlikely. I'd hypothesize that N/S would be the most heritable trait, however.

How well-versed are you in genetics? There's more to it than just basic dominant/recessive inheritance. Don't be too quick to make assumptions in your analysis.

Also, even if you see a strong correlation among one's type and one's parents' types, that doesn't necessarily indicate that the relationship is due to genetic factors. It could be due to environmental factors at that point (except obviously not in cases like yours, AGA).

Oh, and I think there's another thread that posts family types too, so you can get more data there.

Anyway, here's what I know of my family's types:

Mom: INFP (very very introverted...Fi/Si loop)
    Dad: ISTJ (pretty functionally balanced, even down to his inferior Ne)
    Mom's father: INTJ (also very functionally balanced, down to his inferior Se)
    Mom's sister: ISFP
    Mom's mother: ENFP (very strong Ne/Fi. tert Te and inf Si are very weak)
    Half-brother: (same dad): xNTP (his mom is ESTJ)
    Me: ENTP (strong Ne/Ti, but very weak Fe/Si...but I've still got some growing up to do)

I don't really have much information for my dad's side of the family. Sorry.

Kraken down on piracy Array Lux's Avatar

This is interesting when looking at the functions, hmmm.

Myself - INFJ

Dad - ISTP
    Mom - ESTP
    Brother - ESTP

Ex husband - ESTJ
    Son - ENXP
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Oh, I also have information for a good friend's family:

Friend: ENTJ
    Mother: ENFJ
    Father: ENTJ
    Brother: ENTP
    Mom's mother: ISTP
    Dad's sister: ESTJ
    Dad's brother: ESTP
    Mom's sister: ESFJ

Senior Member Array MonkeyGrass's Avatar

Mom's Mom-IXXJ
    Grandpa Mom-ESXP

Dad's dad-ISTJ
    Dad's mom-ISFJ
    Dad brother- ISTP

Mom- ISFJ
    Dad- ISTJ

I'm an INFJ, my sib is INTP.

There tends to be a lot of disconnect between us and our parents. , Sib and I get along swimmingly, though.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

There are no intuitives in my family and close relatives, I'm quite certain of it.

Me - INFJ
    Mom - ISFJ
    Dad - ISTJ
    Brother - ISTJ

Dad's father - ISTJ
    Dad's mother - ISFJ

Mom's mother - ESTJ
    Mom's father - ISTP
    Mom's sister - ESFP

done this 100 times, but I can and will do it again

Me: ENFP
    Dad: ENTP