• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type C Genome Project

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dad: eSTJ
Mom: Isfp
Older Sister: ExTJ (she seems to have turned to a sensing preference and I am not sure what to make of it yet)
Me: INTP
Younger Sister: ENFP
And I am even less sure about the rest of the family...

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Aside from my mother, a couple of cousins, and an aunt, this is speculation only:

Mom: Test as XSTJ. Seems to be heavy on Te, F(i and e), and Ne.
Biological father: ENTP scientist and entrepreneur.

Mother's father: ESTJ perhaps? It's hard to say. Edit: I think ENTJ is much more likely. He was an educator and military man.
Mother's mother: Described as NiFe, FiNe, or FiSe; died before I was born. She was an artist, stay-at-home mother, and photographer.

Step-Grandmother: Textbook FeSi. She's was married to my grandfather for decades before I was born, and I've always been her chosen one. We're very close and we've got a mutual respect and admiration for each other.

Great grandfather1:
Described as an NiFe medicine man.
Great grandfather2: Not sure. He was a medical doctor.
Great great grandfather: Local revolutionary and minister. Likely, some combination of Fe and Ni.

Great grandmother: Stay at home mother SiFe.
Great great grandmother: FeNi entrepreneur and local hero who started a community school.

Aunt1: FiNe social worker.
Aunt2: NiFe or FiSe stay at home wife turned family fortune teller. Test as INTJ.
Aunt3: SiFe nurse married to my TiNe racecar driving, mechanic, philosophizing uncle for 30+ years.
Aunt4: FeSi vet owner and practitioner.

Of my first cousins, a girl and guy, two have taken the test. The girl test ENFJ and the guy test ESTJ(he seems more NeFi though). I believe two of my other cousins, sisters, are FiNe and the other is FiSe. Their mother is Aunt1. Another cousin seems TiNe. Her mother is Aunt3 and her brother is the male cousin that I mentioned already.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dad - ISTJ
Mom - XNFJ
Brother - ENFJ
Sister - ISTJ
Me - INTJ

I actually do think type is inherited vs. shaped by environment but cascadeco's point is the one that keeps sticking in my mind.

Very valid points; I was thinking these same things

Also, the other fact that while personality itself is influenced/created by genes to a degree, we still have to remember *we're* the ones who've 'made up' the mbti dichotomies and functions, and the categories we've created may not have any bearing on the 'categories'/personality characteristics the genes code for. If that makes any sense.

I have higher confidence in some preferences being inherited vs. others:

E/I - I think this is proven to be somewhat inborn, so clearly there would be a high correlation with inheritance
N/S - This I think would also probably have a high correlation, but I don't have evidence
T/F - Not sure about this
P/J - It would seem correlated but not sure

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^This is always where I end up. I always feel the need to point out that- no matter how much we think we know- it should still be taken with a grain of salt. People form constructs to categorize events and phenomena for the sake of sharing and improving our understanding of them, but then we can inadvertently shift toward studying the construct as though it were the same as studying the actual event or phenomena (instead of something we created to represent the event or phenomena, basically mistaking the map for the territory).

...if THAT makes any sense.

Yep!! Makes perfect sense to me; you've articulated it in a different way, but that's what I meant. :yes:

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:)

Mother: ISFJ
Father: INTP [Rarely around, and generally not accepted by the family due to past actions.]

Myself: INTJ [I ended up overdeveloping Te than your average I_TJ to compensate for preferring Ni & Fi. I also forced myself to build Fe and Si, unnaturally, and therefore, I don't shoot Fe-oriented ideas down as quickly like my TJ peers would. Though despite my best efforts, it took a long time to be comfortable using Fe & Si. Ne is also very popular in my family, but mostly out of my reach until my teens.

On the positive (and negative) side, I'm used to being out of my comfort zone. I don't think I even bothered to acknowledge my introverted functions in my childhood. They were always there, and impacting my decisions/behavior, yet it was easy to rationalize away that existence with Te.

In my adolescence days, I went entirely in the opposite direction and focused on Ni/Fi -- which did isolate me for years until I learned how to balance both sides of myself, and communicate to a wider audience.]

Younger Sister: ISFJ
Younger Brother: ESTP

Mother's Side:

Grandmother: ISFJ
Grandmother's Sister: ISTJ
Grandmother's Brother: ISFP
Grandfather: ESTJ

Aunt#1: ESFJ
Aunt#2: ISTJ
Aunt#3: ESTP
Uncle#1: ISTP

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Father: I?TP - He insists he's INTP, but I'm unsure. Because he keeps to himself and doesn't really interact with me, it's hard to ascertain the Ne/Se. He's a submarine parent who gets on with things in the background.

Mother: ESFJ (Formerly thought to be ESTJ)

Brother: ESTP

Myself: INTP

Hm. The one function we each have in common is Ti.
---

The only relatives outside of my immediate family that I see are my grandparents, on annual visits. So I'm not going to try and type the rest.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Keep it comin' Guys. I'm going to enter data in Excel or something like that, and crunch it and see what comes out.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Father: ENTJ
Mother: INTJ
Me: INTP
Younger Sister: ESFX
She tested as ESFP although she shows signs of both P and J.

Mother's side(Oldest of 4):
Mother: ISFJ
Father: IXTP leaning towards S
Oldest brother: ESTX leaning towards J
Middle brother: ISFJ
Youngest brother:EXXP leaning towards F and no clue as to S/N

Father's side:
Mother: No memories of her but she sounds ESXJ
Father: IXTP leaning towards N
Younger sister: XXXX leaning towards E, very difficult to place her
Younger brother: INTP

alexshippee

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
I guess I'm a bit late..
But, My father is ESTJ,
My mother is ISTP,
My Younger brother is ESFP,
And my older (by 19 years, if it matters) half brother (mother's side) is an ISTJ.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My mother a textbook ISFJ.

My father is probably ENTP, but ENFP is also possible. He's pretty damn psychologically unhealthy so it's kinda hard to pin down his type for certain. Definitely ENP though.

I don't know most of my extended family well enough to type them. My mother's family seems to have a lot of IS types though, and my father's family has several ENs. No one besides me seems to be IN, at least not the ones who live in the area.

I have a half-brother who seems to be ISTP. We share the ISFJ mother I mentioned, and I think his father is ISTJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
done this 100 times, but I can and will do it again :popc1:
:yes: Same here.

Mom: INFJ
Dad: INTP
Me: ESTJ
No siblings.

My dad definitely nurtured the Ne in me, and also trained me well in the art of Ti (if there's one wise phrase I learned from him, it's "If it looks fishy, then do some fact checking"), though that didn't reflect in my type. Still can't figure out where I got my Te/Fi, though.

:laugh: Ah well. Whatever.

Last edited:

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Never thought about it before, but lemme think...

Father - ENFX (about 50/50 p/j hard to tell)
Mother - ESFJ
Aunt - ISFP

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Tested with homemade test and checked with understanding of the dichotomies and the type descriptions:

Mom: ENFJ
Dad: ISTJ
Sister: ENFJ
Me: ENTP
(I'm certain I've inherited the P from my maternal grandfather. He's not around any more to take a test, I've never known him, but in the stories I've heard he appears as a model ENTP)

Mother-in-law: ESFJ
Father-in-law: ENTP
Husband: ESTJ.

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Me: ISFJ/ISTJ
Mom: ESFP
Brother: INTJ

Last edited:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me: INFP

Mom: ISFJ
Biological Dad: ENTP
Step-dad: ISFP

Full sister: ESFP

Half Brother: ESFP
His mom (my step-mom): ESFP

----

Mom's side

My grandma: ESFJ
My grandpa: ISTJ
My mom: ISFJ
My uncle: INTP
My aunt (#1): ENFP
My aunt (#2): tests INFJ, not sure about her (possibly ENxJ)

Dad's side:

My grandma: ?
My grandpa: ESFJ
My dad: ENTP
My uncle: ISFP
My aunt (#1): ENTP
My aunt (#2): ? ...probably xSFP

Aunt #1's family:

Aunt: ENTP
Husband: INTJ
Male cousin #1: ISTP
Male cousin #2: IxFP
Female cousin #1: ISTJ
Female cousin #2: ESFP
Female cousin #3: INTJ

Aunt #2's family:

Aunt: tests INFJ, may be ENxJ
Husband: ISTJ
Male cousin: INTJ

Aunt #3's family:

Aunt: ENFP
Husband: ISxP
Male cousin #1: ESTP
Male cousin #2: ISFP

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm no MBTI pro, at all, but here's my go:

Mom: ENFP
Me: INTJ
Sister: XNFP
Other sister: INTJ

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
I have a special interest in genetics and personality type. I believe they are directly correlated, largely through my observations and experiences being adopted from birth, and having found my biological mother when I was nearly an adult, followed by recently connecting with my paternal side of the family. I see a close relationship in my children's types and my husband's and my type as well. I prefer to go by cognitive functions, but it's not really necessary; you can use mbti preferences and still see a depiction of how type play out in inheritance.

I invite you all to post your parents' types (use an educated guess, and if you are not sure, please use a 'x' to specify that) and your own type. If you have older children, it would be interesting to see that relationship as well.

Here is mine:

My biological mother is an INTJ and my biological father (according to my brother who is most likely an INTP) was an ESFJ. This easily explains my Ni/Fe, my two most utilized functions. My adoptive mom is an ISTJ and my adoptive dad was an ESTJ, and my adopted sister is an ISFP. Although I was raised around all that S, I am nothing close to sensory oriented, with the exception of Si, which I use fairly well when it comes to understanding how I'm feeling in my body--being able to physically feel and locate accurately the origin of sensations in my body. I attribute this most likely to my father's Si.

My husband's mother and father are: ISFP/ESTP respectively. My husband is ISTP. He gets his Ti/Se from his father, but he is very Fe as well, relative to a typical ISTP.

You'll have a better chance convincing biologists of the genetical capability of pigs and flight, then correlate MBTI and serious psychology.