• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Cooper - N or S?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
From what I've read most are sure he is an ITJ, but there is some debate over S or N. What do you think. I think it's difficult because he possesses features of both.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP at its max.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An S of course.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well I have no idea where you got that from.

I - Little understanding of social conventions, few friends, only uses them as tools and has no trouble leaving them when he is afraid of getting robbed.

J - Very stubborn, gets stuck on one idea for a long period of time, not adventurous, Sits and thinks about his theories for long periods of time but is unlikely to change them (as seen when Raj said he was wrong).

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
A caricature, with comedically exaggerated N and S.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
whatever type uberfuhrer is.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Letter by letter, INTJ is a good guess, but judging by his speaking patterns, I think he is a sort of ''J INTP''. If that makes sense. He is in a class of his own, really. We don't see many Sheldons around. But i think the closest to a Sheldon Cooper is someone that's in a TiSi loop. We can see good examples around.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
He is a fictional character that displays both S and N qualities to the extend where he cant be typed as either. But dom Te is pretty obvious.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP with serious OCD/aspergers, which would put him outside the bounds of "healthy" types MB types are supposed to describe. I know someone rather like him, though far less obnoxious and more quiet, even among friends.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP at its max.

I just don't see the E and especially not the P. He seems extremely rigid and set in his ways about things. I also see alot of Te. I'd say ISTJ or INTJ. Not sure which. Probably aspergers too.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm voting for ESTJ. The Te is obvious, and he's always initiating conversations with others, so he's an extravert. As for S vs N, he's always going on about details.

Sidenote nitpick: There's no way he has OCD. OCD is an ego-dystonic disorder in which the person is very distressed, even tortured, at doing what they do. Sheldon believes what he's doing is correct (ego-syntonic) and only is distressed when others around him don't follow his rules. I would say he's a strong candidate for obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, though, which is an entirely different disorder.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
best-fit i'd go for INTJ because there is no way he is Si dominant and yet so vastly removed from reality.

but really he's more an INTP-INTJ combo...

Rasofy said:
Letter by letter, INTJ is a good guess, but judging by his speaking patterns, I think he is a sort of ''J INTP''. If that makes sense. He is in a class of his own, really. We don't see many Sheldons around. But i think the closest to a Sheldon Cooper is someone that's in a TiSi loop.

agreed.

it's like he's so T that he's J.

A

Anew Leaf

Letter by letter, INTJ is a good guess, but judging by his speaking patterns, I think he is a sort of ''J INTP''. If that makes sense. He is in a class of his own, really. We don't see many Sheldons around. But i think the closest to a Sheldon Cooper is someone that's in a TiSi loop. We can see good examples around.

Yea, this. Whenever I watch I am torn between the two.

I know a Sheldon :laugh: my friends ENTJ son is Sheldon with a heart.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, so I was getting really confused at everyone saying he's an introvert whereas I didn't see that at all because the guy talks so damn much during each episode, and plus I know self-proclaimed extraverts who don't like people. So I asked my sister who's a huge fan of the show what she thought. Even she said "quintessential introvert." A heated discussion ensued. She finally convinced me that he's an introvert based on the fact that he is always trying to avoid people and usually only starts conversations to try to correct people or out of necessity. Even an extravert who hates people would have to interact with them more than that.

So yeah, I'm changing my vote for that.

As for S vs N, I realized that while Sheldon does obsess about details, it's possible that that's because of high Ti and not because of being a sensor. Although the guy is so J and Te-like too. So I see where you guys are coming from in saying he's some kind of INTJ/INTP hybrid. Maybe he's an INTP with OCPD, which makes him appear more J-like.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Whichever suits the writer's needs during any given episode.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I think he's INTJ. He shows a lot of insecure Te > Fi (always putting himself above others in terms of intellect and thus worth to him.) I do think it's funny that they use a lot of Si to characterize him, by showing his adherence to established conventions, norms, habits, etc. He otherwise seems to exhibit Ni when talking about his theories. Like his flow-chart that he used to become friends with Kripkey, constructing a variety of hypothetical scenarios and probable outcomes and paths to continue down depending on Kripkey's answers. I believe that they have also characterized him as being uncoordinated, very N especially N dom.