User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'll work on it
    Maybe do one where it's like one of those science fair projects where you are given like a popsicle stick and a piece of string and twelve inches of masking tape and a piece of computer paper and a penny and you have to construct a bridge or the tallest structure or something that cushions an egg.

Or do one where the objective is to understand another person's unusual/surprising behavior, maybe like they have suddenly become really reclusive when they used to be really outgoing or something like that.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Ni's always more of a weird spider web to me anyways

It's one of my weaker functions, so it was one of the ones that I was hoping for more input on... it's only "that horrid function that unsettles me" to me

thanks for the input!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm confused by the percentages of S/N. I tested as 100% N, but there is no way that means I'm 0% S. I still have senses like everyone else.
    So it seems to me that intuitive abilities are just an additional way of using sensory input.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I just don't trust self reporting tests

have you taken a cognitive processes test?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Also, if there are eight S/N questions and you answered them all in the N direction, then you would test 100% N, regardless of your actual "percentage," no?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

very true... and considering that there's no clear S or N, just Se or Ne, that muddies things up even further

It shouldn't be possible for a person to have NO S whatsoever or NO N whatsoever, because even in the basic order of processes in the personality we have both S and N represented in every type

since you're a Ne person nebby, you should also have Si in there as your tertiary

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Good job explaining this. I'm most strongly aware of using Ne and Si, though I'm sure I also use some Se, then Ni the least probably.

I get very annoyed with people who lump all S and all N together, because then it becomes some kind of lame prejudice of N vs. S without recognition of the different functions.

I also hate when people think that being F is about using more "instinct" or that T automatically makes one more intelligent, but that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I also hate when people think that being F is about using more "instinct" or that T automatically makes one more intelligent, but that's another thread.
    MAKE ITTTTTT...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Good job explaining this. I'm most strongly aware of using Ne and Si, though I'm sure I also use some Se, then Ni the least probably.

I get very annoyed with people who lump all S and all N together, because then it becomes some kind of lame prejudice of N vs. S without recognition of the different functions.

Definitley, oversimplifying any of the functions leads to people being stereotyped rediculously I know that there's a definite difference between Se and Si for instance... I don't have the greatest Si, but my Se is fabulous!

I'm definitley aware that the S/N dichotomy isn't the only one mistreated this way (and funny enough S/N and F/T are the only ones that can really be described in this format when you think about it!)

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    MAKE ITTTTTT...
    I agree!!!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Also, if there are eight S/N questions and you answered them all in the N direction, then you would test 100% N, regardless of your actual "percentage," no?
    I don't understand. The test generated those percentages. they don't exist without that framwork.