User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the main difference between Se and Ne in that little story was that Se was doing something with the data that they had and the knowlege they could deduce to come up with what the animal looked like where Ne was using their imagination to construct a possible outcome (or 50... who knows? )

going back to Ne working with the possibilities of the situation where Se was developing a construct with the information they could gain through the environment (i.e. the bones)... Ne is probably kind of glad that Se started laying bones out, but wonders why they keep going when they could be imagining an outcome while Se is wondering why Ne is being a lazy bum and not chipping in the work effort

I have a sneaking suspicion that Tamske could do this all better than I can
    But Ne needs some degree of Se? and Se needs some degree of Ne...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

we all have all 8 functions and we all use all 8 functions

nothing can truly function independently
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I have a sneaking suspicion that Tamske could do this all better than I can
    p.s. you are doing a great job!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

thanks!

I try
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Is it maybe like extrapolation vs. interpolation a little bit?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

sort of, yeah! (I had to look that up- it's been about 8 years since I've taken a math class!)

or like the difference between looking at a box of cake mix and imagining how the cupcakes would taste with various frostings and how delicious that would be and looking at a box of cake mix and wondering whether you could extract any useful chemicals out of it to make a chemical weapon... theoretically speaking

MBTI
    ISTP

Hm, that explains a lot! I find myself using Se a lot.

Hmmmmmmm....

I, being an Ne-monster am an utter Se fail. Si I do-as a library of past experiences.

But Se? Just recently I was listening to a piano piece. For very low pitch instruments-like orchestral music or things like violins with vibrations-I have to Ne connect the sound to touch-I have to feel it to perceive it.

For the piano music-I had to Ne connect it to something new-a visual as it is harder to feel. I see it in order to perceive it. I see it as a collection of colors.

It's like I take in sensory data but translate via Ne connections into something my brain can use??? I dunno, it is weird. But if I dont do the above-external Se sensory stimuli gets ignored due to all the ongoing Ne connections that are already underway internal.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I kind of identify with the whole having to translate it around thing... I have the universe's most pathetic Ni somehow... I'll sit there for a good while wondering what I feel so damned paranoid about and finally have to use some weird Ti + Ne with a dash of Se in order to figure it all out logically

and glad that I got Se correct Rainne!

MBTI
    INFJ

While Si stores data of what has been Ni stores data of what might be.
    I would disagree that Ni stores data. Whereas Si is more of a cross-checking function, Ni is a much more superficial function that takes in information and compresses it into a conclusion (future or present). It does not need vast amounts of data and fills in the holes with suppositions and hypotheses, which is why it is not always right. I think that Ni supported with Te might tend to be more accurate about reality. However, Ni supported by Fe sees things in terms of personal relationships and value structures.

I liked the illustration of an iceberg, about seeing the unseen based on a limited amount of the seen.