• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Single Greatest Strength and Weakness of Each Type

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
List one of each only for each type. I'd imagine being somewhat specific would be better, but I don't think going big picture would get much backlash. Obviously, these are going to be slight generalizations, but such are the hazards of such a system.

I figure this might be interesting not only in assessing the types in a larger context, but also to get a quick look at what the types like or dislike about each other from their own personal standpoints.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ
Good - Formulate and argue an idea.
Bad - Formulate and argue an idea.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This seriously depends on what viewpoint one takes.
If you are looking to go through life without friction?
If you are in pursuit of knowledge/perfection?
If you are in pursuit of happiness?
If you are in pursuit of making a place for yourself?

From my point of view, the only one I can really have great grounds to criticize is myself.
If I am not representative of INTJs in general, to hell with it.
My greatest weakness is perfectionism. It is also a tool.

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP

Pros:

Clever
Attractive
Superior environmental awareness due to Ne.

Cons:

Too clever by half
Attracts the wrong sort of attention
Unsupervised intuition has been known to propel ENTPs into, like, here-come-the-TV-cameras kinds of trouble.

We're the wild card, the prototype, the next-generation fighter jet (notoriously easy to crash)

I am also profoundly affected by manic depression, and I think in many ways that inheritance (it's genetic, runs in families) is both my greatest strength and weakness. Anyone who disbelieves that mania is a superpower underestimates the infinitude of human craziness. Mania is another universe.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If you want only 1 thing for each type, it becomes a HUGE generalization. But, for the sake of fun, here goes: S=Strength, W=Weakness

ESTJ: S=Gets the job done. Period.
W=Pretty much think they are perfect and super ethical and that nobody sees otherwise. Oh we see it, my friends. We see it.

ISTJ: S=Have computer brains. Sometimes I'd rather have an ISTJ than a PC.
W=Often miss the big picture - too focused on things like pencils, pocket calendars, saving 24 cents when filling up gas tank, etc. a) I'll buy you a whole box of pencils, stop worrying about it. b) I'm sorry that my plans changed and you had to cross out what you wrote on your calendar. c) I'll give you a dollar out of my pocket if you just fill up your tank at the more expensive gas station (by 24 cents). Then you'll have a net profit of 76 cents. It just soooooo doesn't matter. There are children dying of hunger and you're worried about a lost pencil. :shock:

ESFJ: S=Nice, loyal, usually well-liked people.
W=If your reasoning goes against theirs, then they'll try to get tough with you. Oh, and did I mention that their reasoning isn't that good?

ISFJ: S=Nice, loyal, usually well-liked people.
W=If you don't do something that they expected you to do (even if they never told you that they expected it), they'll either cry or have some kind of verbal fit.

ESTP: S=Funny, entertaining, easy going, good company
W=Selfish - they'll try to get their way at your expense and convince themselves that it's what you wanted.

ISTP: S=Insanely mechanically inclined.
W=Selfish - If it's between you and something else they feel like doing, you won't be hearing from them.

ESFP: S=One of the most fun to hang out and talk with. Genuinely enjoy life.
W=Try to argue too often like they know everything, but they can't argue worth a lick.

ISFP: S=Enjoy life, fun to be around.
W=Always put today's work off until tomorrow. And then the next day. And then the next day. Just quit your job and then you won't have to keep going through the ridiculous procrastination cycle every single week.

ENFJ: S=great at organizing an event, getting everyone on the same page
W=so busy making sure everyone is on the same page (and "politely" telling people what to do), that people end up having less fun at the event than the ENFJ thinks.

INFJ: S=great at listening to people/having compassion
W=don't really want to listen to people/have compassion

ENFP: S=insanely creative when necessary
W=rarely find anything "necessary"; just want to have fun all day.

INFP: S=extremely caring and compassionate one day
W=not so much the next day

ENTJ: S=the best at having a big, N-type vision and actually carrying it out
W=will run you over if you get in the way

INTJ: S=crazy intelligent
W=think they win every single argument/conversation/situation. Sorry, but you don't. Even if you did, who cares?

ENTP: S=great, innovative ideas
W=find it difficult to stay focused long enough to carry those ideas out

INTP: S=have million dollar ideas all worked out in their head - to near perfection
W=Don't want to talk to another human being for months on end. Same ideas stay in head for 35 years.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I think the one of the weakness of ISTPs is sometimes you think we agree or disagree with you, when in reality, we really don't care.

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
As an ENTP, I find ISTP indifference very upsetting. I don't know why. But I doubt I'm the only ENTP who feels this way.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
ISFPs

Strengths

They are so awesome at everything.

Weaknesses

Their awesome humilty means their awesomeness gets taken for granted.

:D :nice:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
INFP
S: awesome combination of analytical skills over conceptual material with strong, subjective ideals
W: weighed down by all the flaws/imperfections of everything and everyone to be consistently awesome

That's right.

ESFJ
S: will always be there for you like a mother hen
W: cannot argue without using completely irrational emotions/extremely faulty logic

ISFJ
S: sweet, caring, generous
W: too traditional and conservative

ISTJ
S: practical, calm, steady, reliable, nonsense
W: too straight-laced, not adventurous or spontaneous

ISTP
S: efficient and meticulous at mechanics/crafty construction things
W: lack tactic

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
If you want only 1 thing for each type, it becomes a HUGE generalization. But, for the sake of fun, here goes: S=Strength, W=Weakness

ESTJ: S=Gets the job done. Period.
W=Pretty much think they are perfect and super ethical and that nobody sees otherwise. Oh we see it, my friends. We see it.

ISTJ: S=Have computer brains. Sometimes I'd rather have an ISTJ than a PC.
W=Often miss the big picture - too focused on things like pencils, pocket calendars, saving 24 cents when filling up gas tank, etc. a) I'll buy you a whole box of pencils, stop worrying about it. b) I'm sorry that my plans changed and you had to cross out what you wrote on your calendar. c) I'll give you a dollar out of my pocket if you just fill up your tank at the more expensive gas station (by 24 cents). Then you'll have a net profit of 76 cents. It just soooooo doesn't matter. There are children dying of hunger and you're worried about a lost pencil. :shock:

ESFJ: S=Nice, loyal, usually well-liked people.
W=If your reasoning goes against theirs, then they'll try to get tough with you. Oh, and did I mention that their reasoning isn't that good?

ISFJ: S=Nice, loyal, usually well-liked people.
W=If you don't do something that they expected you to do (even if they never told you that they expected it), they'll either cry or have some kind of verbal fit.

ESTP: S=Funny, entertaining, easy going, good company
W=Selfish - they'll try to get their way at your expense and convince themselves that it's what you wanted.

ISTP: S=Insanely mechanically inclined.
W=Selfish - If it's between you and something else they feel like doing, you won't be hearing from them.

ESFP: S=One of the most fun to hang out and talk with. Genuinely enjoy life.
W=Try to argue too often like they know everything, but they can't argue worth a lick.

ISFP: S=Enjoy life, fun to be around.
W=Always put today's work off until tomorrow. And then the next day. And then the next day. Just quit your job and then you won't have to keep going through the ridiculous procrastination cycle every single week.

ENFJ: S=great at organizing an event, getting everyone on the same page
W=so busy making sure everyone is on the same page (and "politely" telling people what to do), that people end up having less fun at the event than the ENFJ thinks.

INFJ: S=great at listening to people/having compassion
W=don't really want to listen to people/have compassion

ENFP: S=insanely creative when necessary
W=rarely find anything "necessary"; just want to have fun all day.

INFP: S=extremely caring and compassionate one day
W=not so much the next day

ENTJ: S=the best at having a big, N-type vision and actually carrying it out
W=will run you over if you get in the way

W=think they win every single argument/conversation/situation. Sorry, but you don't. Even if you did, who cares?

ENTP: S=great, innovative ideas
W=find it difficult to stay focused long enough to carry those ideas out

INTP: S=have million dollar ideas all worked out in their head - to near perfection
W=Don't want to talk to another human being for months on end. Same ideas stay in head for 35 years.

These are pretty good! The ISTJ is right on. :yes:

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

~~~

:cry: I care...

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an ENTP, I find ISTP indifference very upsetting. I don't know why. But I doubt I'm the only ENTP who feels this way.

Interesting. Could you expand? Is this because you're more of an enthusiastic person as an ENTP? I often feel a similar indifference in INTPs... do you agree?

I'll comment more on the OP later, but for now I'm just going to mention one, because I'm lazy. I really respect the ENTJs go-getter attitude, but man it's pretty frustrating that they never admit they're wrong. ESTJs are similar as well.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm very indifferent to the fact that ISTP's are indifferent. They can be as indifferent as they want and it won't be any skin off of my nose.

I'm going to say that the ENTP was being sarcastic when he said it is "upsetting", but I could be wrong.

When ISTP's have the "I don't give a crap" attitude towards me, I just think to myself, "Cool. Talk to you later now. Buh bye. Oh, and by the way, when you want me to have an opinion on something that is important to you, good luck with that, cuz I'll probably be indifferent also."

INTP: Hey what do you think about X?
ISTP: I don't really give a crap.
INTP: Cool. Talk to you later.

Later that same day:
ISTP: Hey what do you think about Y?
INTP: Don't really give a crap.
ISTP: But, I thought you knew about that stuff?
INTP: I do, but I don't really give a crap. Buh bye!

G

Glycerine

ENFJ positive: Knows how to make people feel good.
ENFJ negative: tries to pretend everything is good (denies reality) when it isn't and then shit hits the fan full force.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^ I can actually see that conversation happening.

LOL.

You crazy, indifferent, IXTPs.

My brother's 'indifference' gets mistaken for 'active listening' or even 'agreement' all the time. It's actually really funny for me to observe.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ pro: They are the most awesome people at everything and are superior to anyone else in every way, which is why they will rule the world.
INTJ con: Egotistical.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ pro: They are the most awesome people at everything and are superior to anyone else in every way, which is why they will rule the world.

Really? When is this supposed to happen? Cuz I hadn't seen any signs of it yet.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
ISFJ- (S) Are very helpful and considerate of other's needs- can almost anticipate what you are going to need before you realize it.
(W)- Can't say no and can stretch themselves thin.