• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Single Greatest Strength and Weakness of Each Type

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
intj:

S: crazy intelligent
W: the intelligence is about combining the information they have read, not creating the information from near nothing -> they need books, wikipedia or other stuff from internet to be intelligent

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP:

Strengths:
Quick on their feet, funny, charming, clever, resourceful, cool under pressure, kind, generous, rarely angry.
:cheese: :happy: :cool:

Weaknesses:
Inadvertantly mows over other people in the course of accomplishing their objectives, can take on too much for too long, very bad godawful terrible wrath when angered, impulse control issues.
:doh: :threaten: :smoke:

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
When ISTP's have the "I don't give a crap" attitude towards me, I just think to myself, "Cool. Talk to you later now. Buh bye. Oh, and by the way, when you want me to have an opinion on something that is important to you, good luck with that, cuz I'll probably be indifferent also."

INTP: Hey what do you think about X?
ISTP: I don't really give a crap.
INTP: Cool. Talk to you later.

Later that same day:
ISTP: Hey what do you think about Y?
INTP: Don't really give a crap.
ISTP: But, I thought you knew about that stuff?
INTP: I do, but I don't really give a crap. Buh bye!

My INTP friend would often develop this same sort of passive-aggression towards my attitude. I guess he thought I was behaving that way to be "too cool for school" or something when I was just being truthful about my thoughts. Sometimes I just don't care, I don't understand why other people suddenly change their attitude. It's like a shockwave of perceived aloofness and 1-upmanship. Sometimes I even become dishonest myself because I don't want to spark this sort of change... I want people to discover the truth on their own, and develop their own peace based on it.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP
S: sees good in everyone
W: sees good in everyone

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My INTP friend would often develop this same sort of passive-aggression towards my attitude. I guess he thought I was behaving that way to be "too cool for school" or something when I was just being truthful about my thoughts. Sometimes I just don't care, I don't understand why other people suddenly change their attitude. It's like a shockwave of perceived aloofness and 1-upmanship. Sometimes I even become dishonest myself because I don't want to spark this sort of change... I want people to discover the truth on their own, and develop their own peace based on it.

I see what you're saying. Where it frustrates me a little bit is when the ISTP expects your help/advice in an area that he is not competent in, but when you need his help or advice, "he just doesn't give a crap". In the past I've wanted to say to them, "It's a 2-way street, you know?" I don't want to play the one-upsmanship game with them (it's childish), but they sometimes seem like they have "shut me out" of areas where I've asked their advice before. An area where the ISTP is an expert and has been really enthusiastic in the past when I asked him for the advice (and yeah, maybe I get annoying with my questions sometimes). But, the ISTP's have their areas that they come to me for advice too. They want an answer ASAP, but when you wanted the ASAP answer, "they just didn't give a crap". It's not that I want to "play games", but when this happens repeatedly, I sometimes just shut them down and won't give advice. That's me hoping that they'll realize what they've been doing and hopefully we can both open up the lines of communication again - for each other's own benefit.

I can be the same way - it must be an IxTP thing. You guys verbalize your "not caring" more than I do though. I'll only say, "I don't give a crap" if I'm a little irked, otherwise, I'll do what I can to give you an opinion or I'll at least say, "I don't know, but we can find out online or call someone who does know."

A

A window to the soul

I see what you're saying. Where it frustrates me a little bit is when the ISTP expects your help/advice in an area that he is not competent in, but when you need his help or advice, "he just doesn't give a crap". In the past I've wanted to say to them, "It's a 2-way street, you know?" I don't want to play the one-upsmanship game with them (it's childish), but they sometimes seem like they have "shut me out" of areas where I've asked their advice before. An area where the ISTP is an expert and has been really enthusiastic in the past when I asked him for the advice (and yeah, maybe I get annoying with my questions sometimes). But, the ISTP's have their areas that they come to me for advice too. They want an answer ASAP, but when you wanted the ASAP answer, "they just didn't give a crap". It's not that I want to "play games", but when this happens repeatedly, I sometimes just shut them down and won't give advice. That's me hoping that they'll realize what they've been doing and hopefully we can both open up the lines of communication again - for each other's own benefit.

I can be the same way - it must be an IxTP thing. You guys verbalize your "not caring" more than I do though. I'll only say, "I don't give a crap" if I'm a little irked, otherwise, I'll do what I can to give you an opinion or I'll at least say, "I don't know, but we can find out online or call someone who does know."

I disagree.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For everything I want to list, it seems like the greatest asset is also the greatest weakness!

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Honestly, I think IXTPs are generally the same in regards to this trait. It may vary from person to person. For example, my INTP ex was usually worse about this. I would try to attempt to give an answer whether I had one or not, or at least give a decent explanation on why I couldn't answer, but he would just shrug if the roles were reversed. :rolli:

A

A window to the soul

Honestly, I think IXTPs are generally the same in regards to this trait. It may vary from person to person.

:yes: I have this same trait. What does that make me? ...human, busy, possibly overwhelmed with other stuff.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJ:
pro: A good friend...when they're your friend.
con: Can easily digress into the mentality worse than a 4 year old and do everything to ruin your life.

ENTP:
pro: Clever enough to get out of most shit they get into
con: 90% of people don't really understand their thought processes, especially strong F's, but not all.

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ:
pro: Find at least one REAL positive side to every problem of someone....
con: Find at least hundred negative sides to the positive things they experience themselves....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you want only 1 thing for each type, it becomes a HUGE generalization. But, for the sake of fun, here goes: S=Strength, W=Weakness

ESTJ: S=Gets the job done. Period.
W=Pretty much think they are perfect and super ethical and that nobody sees otherwise. Oh we see it, my friends. We see it.

ISTJ: S=Have computer brains. Sometimes I'd rather have an ISTJ than a PC.
W=Often miss the big picture - too focused on things like pencils, pocket calendars, saving 24 cents when filling up gas tank, etc. a) I'll buy you a whole box of pencils, stop worrying about it. b) I'm sorry that my plans changed and you had to cross out what you wrote on your calendar. c) I'll give you a dollar out of my pocket if you just fill up your tank at the more expensive gas station (by 24 cents). Then you'll have a net profit of 76 cents. It just soooooo doesn't matter. There are children dying of hunger and you're worried about a lost pencil. :shock:

ESFJ: S=Nice, loyal, usually well-liked people.
W=If your reasoning goes against theirs, then they'll try to get tough with you. Oh, and did I mention that their reasoning isn't that good?

ISFJ: S=Nice, loyal, usually well-liked people.
W=If you don't do something that they expected you to do (even if they never told you that they expected it), they'll either cry or have some kind of verbal fit.

ESTP: S=Funny, entertaining, easy going, good company
W=Selfish - they'll try to get their way at your expense and convince themselves that it's what you wanted.

ISTP: S=Insanely mechanically inclined.
W=Selfish - If it's between you and something else they feel like doing, you won't be hearing from them.

ESFP: S=One of the most fun to hang out and talk with. Genuinely enjoy life.
W=Try to argue too often like they know everything, but they can't argue worth a lick.

ISFP: S=Enjoy life, fun to be around.
W=Always put today's work off until tomorrow. And then the next day. And then the next day. Just quit your job and then you won't have to keep going through the ridiculous procrastination cycle every single week.

ENFJ: S=great at organizing an event, getting everyone on the same page
W=so busy making sure everyone is on the same page (and "politely" telling people what to do), that people end up having less fun at the event than the ENFJ thinks.

INFJ: S=great at listening to people/having compassion
W=don't really want to listen to people/have compassion

ENFP: S=insanely creative when necessary
W=rarely find anything "necessary"; just want to have fun all day.

INFP: S=extremely caring and compassionate one day
W=not so much the next day

ENTJ: S=the best at having a big, N-type vision and actually carrying it out
W=will run you over if you get in the way

INTJ: S=crazy intelligent
W=think they win every single argument/conversation/situation. Sorry, but you don't. Even if you did, who cares?

ENTP: S=great, innovative ideas
W=find it difficult to stay focused long enough to carry those ideas out

INTP: S=have million dollar ideas all worked out in their head - to near perfection
W=Don't want to talk to another human being for months on end. Same ideas stay in head for 35 years.

this was so awesome. :smile:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
W: the intelligence is about combining the information they have read, not creating the information from near nothing -> they need books, wikipedia or other stuff from internet to be intelligent

This is not Ni-Te... I think it fits INTPs more.