• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Single Greatest Strength and Weakness of Each Type

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx

how so?

why do infps bitch so much about others' shortcomings if they dont also see what good they are capable of? if all the infp saw was where a person failed (without any good potential in the picture), wouldn't they take the same route as say an intp and just carry on, not worrying much about those individuals or sittuations...not devoting any significant time or feeling to what would generally be seen as not worth it...or simply takes too much energy to work with?

but where there is awareness of something worthwhile, even if obscured by a lot of other junk, there comes with it some desire to develop it for a greater good where an infp is concerned.

in general i'd say that anything one-sided is not at all intriguing to the average infp. in a way i think a conflicted, grey area is the most interesting place for the infp as a problem solving, "healer" archetype.

i think that many are very hesitant to show it, maybe in part because it complicates things, but there certainly is a conflicting feeling of "everyone is good, everyone is bad" wrapped up in the Fi-dom if you ask me. it's a constant love/hate thing, almost, at times, which can either come out as a cynicism that nothing is sacred or perfect, or in a hyper-idealistic manner that seems to say that even our worst enemy has merit...

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
intj:

S: crazy intelligent
W: the intelligence is about combining the information they have read, not creating the information from near nothing -> they need books, wikipedia or other stuff from internet to be intelligent

ha ha

you think there is some magical human being of another type that just creates information out of nothing?

Oh you!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
In no particular order, this is what I have experienced to be the greatest strength/weakness of each type:

ISFJ:
Strength: Will continue to be thoughtful and caring often even when they are not appreciated and even mistreated
Weakness: Can stubbornly dwell on negative things and be too critical, while disregarding anything said to the contrary

INTJ:
Strength: Know their shit and usually have thought of everything already that you may come up with
Weakness: Have trouble being considerate and respecting peoples opinions and giving others credit

ESFP:
good: Incredibly fun to be around and can always make you have a good time
bad: Can be extremely moody and utterly convinced they know better than others

ENTP:
Strength: Can hold exciting conversations and are generally easy going and entertaining
Weakness: Tend to believe they are clever, knowledgeable, and charming without realizing that they actually have to develop these things and that they are not naturally supplied to them due to their type

ENTJ:
Strength: Can construct plans on the spot at all times to make things happen that others dont believe are possible/likely
Weakness: Have difficulty tolerating other peoples failures (shortcomings?) and still treating them like human beings after

INFP:
Strength: Ability to empathize with just about anyone/anything
Weakness: Will often make big life decisions without a lot of consideration to future consequences (ie - like whether its a good idea financially)

ENFJ:
Strength: Ability to put others in an amazing mood and make them feel really good about themselves
Weakness: Can easily disregard logic and facts when they are trying to make a point

ESFJ:
Strength: Are good at getting what they want and at gaining support from unsuspecting people
Weakness: Meddle in your life like there's no tomorrow. The micromanagement can come off as if they think you are incompetent, and you can smell the judgment off of them when you do something unconventional

ISTJ
Strengh: Are reliable, dependable, and will never let you down
Weakness: Sometimes you would rather shoot yourself in the foot than try to convince them that something new and never-before-done is a good idea.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTJ
Strength: you know what they expect from you and what you can expect from them.
Weakness: helpless when something interferes, especially if it makes them appear less than reliable (eg. bike problem on the way to work)

I agree on the ENTP strength JustHer mentioned, but the weakness... I know very well my abilities are learned. I have a theory that talent grows. You do something quite well, you like to do it, you do it often, you get better at it, you even more like to do it because you like to do things you're good at, you do it even more often... and after a while you're so good at it other people think they never can attain your talent.

No, I've showed the ENTP weakness already with my explanation here. Something reminds us of a theory and we're off explaining again, even if it hasn't to do anything with the discussion or if nobody is interested in it any more. We love the attention and we love to show off our ideas. This can work to our strength, but also to our weakness.

I wonder if, when I'm a mother, I would be talking about the little, concrete things my children have done, something I think is mindnumbingly boring now. Or if I would continue to talk about theories, which is probably mindnumbingly boring to the other people. Probably I would combine them into theories about my children, which results in mindnumbingly boring squared.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
INTJ:
S - Has amazing self-confidence that seems to come from infinite internal resource, thus they are not crippled by fear of failure or lack of external recognition, enabling them to accomplish many of the great things they set out to do.
W - This amazing self-confidence can make them arrogant and unable to question the path they set for themselves, or acknowledge the contributions of others to the achievement of their goals.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFJ:
Strength - Charming, fun, gregarious. Everyone loves them. <3
Weakness - Tendency to bite off more than they can chew - academically, socially, at work, etc.

ESTJ:
Strength - They know what needs to be done, and they do it without hesitation.
Weakness - Tendency to seem arrogant/rude/uncaring because of their tendency to, when in doubt, assume that theirs is "THE right way".

INTP:
Strength - Best researchers/fact checkers known to man, because of EXCELLENT critical thinking skills
Weakness - Lack of emotional awareness, both in themselves and others

INTPness had the best INFJ one. Can't begin to top it :worthy:

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ/INFJ:

+ intense emotional attachments
+ genuinely "engaged" with people, animals, plants, etc.
+ creative

- emotional assassins/brutality
- moody
- self-absorbed

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
ENFP:
positive
~Have lots of great, creative ideas
negative
~Will only work when inspired or stressed(with a time limit)

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP
Good - Logic.
Bad - We don't get social conventions.
ISFJ
Good - Quick Thinker, Empathetic
Bad - Doesn't let go, Unstable
ISTJ
Good - Level-headed.
Bad - Can become anxious if something doesn't go according to regulations or plan, Sometimes over-organized.

The_World_As_Will

INFP: S=extremely caring and compassionate one day
W=not so much the next day

I agree with that, Introverted feeling sounds like hell.

INTJ: S=crazy intelligent
W=think they win every single argument/conversation/situation. Sorry, but you don't. Even if you did, who cares?

Agreed, Sadly all the INTJs i've come across have had this self-righteous streak to them, has really made me dislike Ni altogether. They need to mellow out

INTP: S=have million dollar ideas all worked out in their head - to near perfection
W=Don't want to talk to another human being for months on end. Same ideas stay in head for 35 years.

:cry: too true. It'll be the death of us, I swear!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTJ:
Strength - They know what needs to be done, and they do it without hesitation.
Weakness - Tendency to seem arrogant/rude/uncaring because of their tendency to, when in doubt, assume that theirs is "THE right way".
Doubt? A doubting ESTJ?
No, as long they know the right way (=their way), they aren't doubting... but they become a mess whenever they don't know a right way to do something. Or maybe I'm hitting on some inter-ESTJ differences here :p

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Doubt? A doubting ESTJ?
No, as long they know the right way (=their way), they aren't doubting... but they become a mess whenever they don't know a right way to do something. Or maybe I'm hitting on some inter-ESTJ differences here :p
:laugh: I was just using the common phrase "When in doubt..." Not that we think of it as doubt. It's like this: "I could listen to myself or you. Who do you think I'm going to listen to?" No, it's not really an inter-ESTJ difference - I totally relate to your post - and it was just my phrasing.

alexshippee

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
INFP:
Strength: Ability to empathize with just about anyone/anything
Weakness: Will often make big life decisions without a lot of consideration to future consequences (ie - like whether its a good idea financially)
I always do stupid things like that.
Whatever, it makes life colorful.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
ENFP:
Strengths: Positive, Enthusiastic, Helpful
Weaknesses: Sometimes Gushy, High energy might annoy some people, some are showy.
ESTJ:
Strengths: Efficient, Reliable, Business-Minded
Weaknesses: Not always too good with people, their way is best.

ESFJ:
Strengths: Nurturing, Organizer, Good Friend
Weaknesses: Can be very volatile and hurtful if you don't do what they think is best.

INFP:
Strengths: Good Imagination, Want to be helpful, Try to see good in everything and everyone.
Weaknesses: Self-Torturing, Unreliable, Overanalyze self and others, Has overly high expectations of reality...

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Enfj strength: natural leadership skills
Enfj weakness: when things go wrong it takes over our soul

Sunny Ghost

ESFP-
strengths:fun to be around. great storytellers.
weaknesses:doesn't understand the value of silence and seems to refuse to step out of center stage.

ISTJ-
strengths:eek:rganized and well prioritized. they get their shit done!
weaknesses:failure to show emotion and sympathy.

INTJ-
strengths:smart and full of information.
weaknesses:cocky. refuses to step down from their own opinions.

INTP-
strengths:analytical, intellectual, quirky.
weaknesses:eek:ften too far out there.

INFP-
strengths:empathetic and looks at a bigger picture. idealistic.
weaknesses:prone to depression or lashing out. sometimes too unrealistic.

ISFJ-
strengths:a mothering nature. always has your back.
weaknesses:let's others run all over them.

ESFJ-
strengths:great with people and would take the shirt off their back for you.
weaknesses:lacks their own internal set of values and can't weigh right from wrong for their own self.

ISFP-
strengths:see's beauty and adventure in the world.
weaknesses:no real great strengths to make a means in the real world.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm very indifferent to the fact that ISTP's are indifferent. They can be as indifferent as they want and it won't be any skin off of my nose.

I'm going to say that the ENTP was being sarcastic when he said it is "upsetting", but I could be wrong.

When ISTP's have the "I don't give a crap" attitude towards me, I just think to myself, "Cool. Talk to you later now. Buh bye. Oh, and by the way, when you want me to have an opinion on something that is important to you, good luck with that, cuz I'll probably be indifferent also."

INTP: Hey what do you think about X?
ISTP: I don't really give a crap.
INTP: Cool. Talk to you later.

Later that same day:
ISTP: Hey what do you think about Y?
INTP: Don't really give a crap.
ISTP: But, I thought you knew about that stuff?
INTP: I do, but I don't really give a crap. Buh bye!

lol oh my. It's the IxTP indifference competition. Good grief. :doh: