User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Single Greatest Strength and Weakness of Each Type

9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    how so?

why do infps bitch so much about others' shortcomings if they dont also see what good they are capable of? if all the infp saw was where a person failed (without any good potential in the picture), wouldn't they take the same route as say an intp and just carry on, not worrying much about those individuals or sittuations...not devoting any significant time or feeling to what would generally be seen as not worth it...or simply takes too much energy to work with?

but where there is awareness of something worthwhile, even if obscured by a lot of other junk, there comes with it some desire to develop it for a greater good where an infp is concerned.

in general i'd say that anything one-sided is not at all intriguing to the average infp. in a way i think a conflicted, grey area is the most interesting place for the infp as a problem solving, "healer" archetype.

i think that many are very hesitant to show it, maybe in part because it complicates things, but there certainly is a conflicting feeling of "everyone is good, everyone is bad" wrapped up in the Fi-dom if you ask me. it's a constant love/hate thing, almost, at times, which can either come out as a cynicism that nothing is sacred or perfect, or in a hyper-idealistic manner that seems to say that even our worst enemy has merit...

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

Pumpernickel Array

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

S: crazy intelligent
    W: the intelligence is about combining the information they have read, not creating the information from near nothing -> they need books, wikipedia or other stuff from internet to be intelligent
    ha ha

you think there is some magical human being of another type that just creates information out of nothing?

Oh you!

Pumpernickel Array

In no particular order, this is what I have experienced to be the greatest strength/weakness of each type:

Strength: Will continue to be thoughtful and caring often even when they are not appreciated and even mistreated
    Weakness: Can stubbornly dwell on negative things and be too critical, while disregarding anything said to the contrary

Strength: Know their shit and usually have thought of everything already that you may come up with
    Weakness: Have trouble being considerate and respecting peoples opinions and giving others credit

good: Incredibly fun to be around and can always make you have a good time
    bad: Can be extremely moody and utterly convinced they know better than others

Strength: Can hold exciting conversations and are generally easy going and entertaining
    Weakness: Tend to believe they are clever, knowledgeable, and charming without realizing that they actually have to develop these things and that they are not naturally supplied to them due to their type

Strength: Can construct plans on the spot at all times to make things happen that others dont believe are possible/likely
    Weakness: Have difficulty tolerating other peoples failures (shortcomings?) and still treating them like human beings after

Strength: Ability to empathize with just about anyone/anything
    Weakness: Will often make big life decisions without a lot of consideration to future consequences (ie - like whether its a good idea financially)

Strength: Ability to put others in an amazing mood and make them feel really good about themselves
    Weakness: Can easily disregard logic and facts when they are trying to make a point

Strength: Are good at getting what they want and at gaining support from unsuspecting people
    Weakness: Meddle in your life like there's no tomorrow. The micromanagement can come off as if they think you are incompetent, and you can smell the judgment off of them when you do something unconventional

Strengh: Are reliable, dependable, and will never let you down
    Weakness: Sometimes you would rather shoot yourself in the foot than try to convince them that something new and never-before-done is a good idea.

Strength: you know what they expect from you and what you can expect from them.
    Weakness: helpless when something interferes, especially if it makes them appear less than reliable (eg. bike problem on the way to work)

I agree on the ENTP strength JustHer mentioned, but the weakness... I know very well my abilities are learned. I have a theory that talent grows. You do something quite well, you like to do it, you do it often, you get better at it, you even more like to do it because you like to do things you're good at, you do it even more often... and after a while you're so good at it other people think they never can attain your talent.

No, I've showed the ENTP weakness already with my explanation here. Something reminds us of a theory and we're off explaining again, even if it hasn't to do anything with the discussion or if nobody is interested in it any more. We love the attention and we love to show off our ideas. This can work to our strength, but also to our weakness.

I wonder if, when I'm a mother, I would be talking about the little, concrete things my children have done, something I think is mindnumbingly boring now. Or if I would continue to talk about theories, which is probably mindnumbingly boring to the other people. Probably I would combine them into theories about my children, which results in mindnumbingly boring squared.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

9 sx

S - Has amazing self-confidence that seems to come from infinite internal resource, thus they are not crippled by fear of failure or lack of external recognition, enabling them to accomplish many of the great things they set out to do.
    W - This amazing self-confidence can make them arrogant and unable to question the path they set for themselves, or acknowledge the contributions of others to the achievement of their goals.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

173 so/sx

Strength - Charming, fun, gregarious. Everyone loves them. <3
    Weakness - Tendency to bite off more than they can chew - academically, socially, at work, etc.

Strength - They know what needs to be done, and they do it without hesitation.
    Weakness - Tendency to seem arrogant/rude/uncaring because of their tendency to, when in doubt, assume that theirs is "THE right way".

Strength - Best researchers/fact checkers known to man, because of EXCELLENT critical thinking skills
    Weakness - Lack of emotional awareness, both in themselves and others

INTPness had the best INFJ one. Can't begin to top it
    Last edited by EJCC; 05-15-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Misinterpreted what everyone meant by "weakness"
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

4w3 sx/so
    eNFJ Ni

+ intense emotional attachments
    + genuinely "engaged" with people, animals, plants, etc.
    + creative

- emotional assassins/brutality
    - moody
    - self-absorbed
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P

Senior Member Array ilovereeses's Avatar

~Have lots of great, creative ideas
    ~Will only work when inspired or stressed(with a time limit)
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

Senior Member Array

Good - Logic.
    Bad - We don't get social conventions.
    Good - Quick Thinker, Empathetic
    Bad - Doesn't let go, Unstable
    Good - Level-headed.
    Bad - Can become anxious if something doesn't go according to regulations or plan, Sometimes over-organized.
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post

INFP: S=extremely caring and compassionate one day
    W=not so much the next day
    I agree with that, Introverted feeling sounds like hell.

INTJ: S=crazy intelligent
    W=think they win every single argument/conversation/situation. Sorry, but you don't. Even if you did, who cares?
    Agreed, Sadly all the INTJs i've come across have had this self-righteous streak to them, has really made me dislike Ni altogether. They need to mellow out

INTP: S=have million dollar ideas all worked out in their head - to near perfection
    W=Don't want to talk to another human being for months on end. Same ideas stay in head for 35 years.

too true. It'll be the death of us, I swear!