User Tag List

123 Last

Default what function is this

Somebody told me he spends most time thinking about stuff like this : he's in a bus and he sees a tree outside and then he immediately starts to think about the layers within tree, then he goes from the outside to the inside of the tree, layer by layer, then different direction upside, down... etc...

so what function is this, what type this person could be..

edit: i know the type of the person (not 100% sure, i'm between 2 types [both types use same perceiving functions so...], but one is much more likely. but i'll say after some answers)

is that Ni?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

More likely Ne. Ne sees patterns branching out from external reality.

Ni is much more focused, determining what is hidden from view based on what is seen. Usually Ni sees a pattern and "connects the dots".
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post

Ni is much more focused, determining what is hidden from view based on what is seen. Usually Ni sees a pattern and "connects the dots".
    The layers of a tree are unseen.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post

You know, lately I've been wondering if I do use Ni in some form. I'm deeply fascinated about patterns, and I love interpreting themes and conceptual commonalities between things.

I confess I STILL don't understand what Ni is. Yes, I've read of the nice metaphors used to explain that if Ne is a "V", Ni is a "V" upside down...but I still don't get how that actually translates into practical things and thoughts and considerations....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I confess I STILL don't understand what Ni is. Yes, I've read of the nice metaphors used to explain that if Ne is a "V", Ni is a "V" upside down...but I still don't get how that actually translates into practical things and thoughts and considerations....
    You aren't the only one. I think I've got a better grasp of it than I used to, but I still can't explain it in words. And there's a saying, "If you can't explain it clearly, you don't understand it well enough".

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    You aren't the only one. I think I've got a better grasp of it than I used to, but I still can't explain it in words. And there's a saying, "If you can't explain it clearly, you don't understand it well enough".
    Or you're bad with words.

so any more suggestions what function is that in OP?

i really doubt it's Ne.

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    The layers of tree are unseen.

when I see a tree I think more like "why is this tree planted here? are those trees next to this one planted in the same time or before? what is planned to built next to this tree ? ... and then "omg, it'd be cool if there are 2 trees next to each other so I can put this and this between them and do this and this then, and if that person over there would be interested in participating with .. blah blah" - i think this is the way how Ne thinks in this situation.

or
    "hmm, this tree wasnt here before because i see its much smaller than other trees next to him. i wonder was here something else before, maybe it was an old house. eh, they probably knocked down that house... huh, I wonder where's that family living now... maybe it was some old lady.. or some old couple... like that couple i knew who got paid really well for selling their old house.." - a tree is forgoten within 2 minutes

So OP person is either INTJ or ISTP. Odds that he's INTJ are 90% and ISTP are only 10%.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Aye, it could be Ni. Does he simply know where the lines are? or Does he consider it as one of many possibilities?