• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and Dress

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
What correlation, if any, exists?

Example-I will say that I notice that ESFPs seem to dress the 'loudest'. ENFPs to a lesser degress. Loud is not a bad thing- they seem to make themselves look good in whatever they put together.

Anyone else?

Feel free to post pictoral examples to back you up!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ <-------------------------> ESFP

Neutral <--------------------> Colorful

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
not really, although my ENFP sometimes spills crap on his clothes and doesn't seem to notice until way too late.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have no idea if there's anything type related but there was a topic on some other forum about enfp fashion and someone posted a link to a site where you could pick clothes that you like and make a lil set. it's kinda fun...i think it's just girl stuff tho...not sure.

anyway here was a pic i made. :)
BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFm9Gdlo.jpg

and here was the site if anyone else wants to play. :)
Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Oh polyvore :wubbie:....looklet is fun too - you create outfits by dressing mannequin-models.

I'm more creative & risk-taking than my ESFP sister. My ESFP sister is more "revealing", more casual, & more concerned with comfort than I am. We both like color.

I don't know how much style has to do with types. Among INFPs, some report liking fashion & using it to be creative, others can't be bothered,and some are afraid of drawing attention to themselves.

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFnhLYWVSMmNNM3hHRG5HVFB3aFY0LWcAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

915ec79b-8dee-4d1c-b4f5-9057edaa7fc1.jpg

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I can definitely see a correlation between type and dress.

I am picky about my appearance and my clothes, I prefer a unicolor black, brown or dark green attire. This might be a general IxTJ-trend.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh that was fun! thanks orange! :)

7dd46638-39c3-44f1-b15e-38361476a55.jpg

2ba11c13-c166-44f6-afaa-785b4864486.jpg

sculpting

I often put sweaters on inside out and/or backwards. I spill stuff all over me and dont notice. I really like cute clothes that are kind of natural yet feminine, but honestly clothing is such an after thought most days.....

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am addicted to high-quality, classic attire of all kinds.
Much like everything else I buy, I go for the best "bang for my buck."

Common brands I will buy include:

Casual:
Ralph Lauren, Levis, And even some trendier stuff like Ecko and Sean John if the piece is right.

Sportswear:
Adidas and Nike, that's it, that's all I'll ever need.

Business Attire:
Hart/Schaffner/Marx suits are always nice, as are Alexander of London. For shirts Ralph Lauren, even Van Heusen, Calvin Klein, and DKNY if they have my size. I also buy custom tailored shirts on occasion. Business shoes = Bostonian or Johnston & Murphy. Neckties, well let's just say they allow me to exhibit a horrifying propensity to spend an awful lot of money on something of insignificant physical mass. I spent $120 on an Hermes tie once and freaked my Mom out, she was horrified, but it was bad ass! :laugh:

heart

heart on fire
I like comfort. I can't stand clothes that hug my body. I dress in a lot of jumper or sundresses. I only like 100 percent cotton. I hate wearing high heels. I like blue, black and purples.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I do like wearing bright, colourful "peacock" clothes. But that's mainly because in the office I work in, all the execs wear drab, dull shirts most of the time. As a 4w5, it's my way of being different.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a very casual dresser myself, partly because, like someone mentioned, I don't like to draw attention to myself, but also because I'm just lazy and concerned moslty with comfort.

Most of the time I just wear track-pants or something similar that are very comfortable, and they're usually dark blue or black.

I also wear T-shirts of all colours, but usually darkish, but lighter than my pants.

In winter I wear hoodies.

Abot 1/2 the time I go out I wear jeans instead of track pants, so I don't look too bogan, but I find them uncomfortable.

I wear converse shoes or slip on sandals.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've gone through brief periods of being interested in fashion, but it doesn't last. After a while, I go back to not paying attention to my clothes, aside from comfort.

When I have been interested, I never seemed to pull together a specific 'look' or style that reflected my personality. It was just basically, 'yeah, that looks cool, I'll wear that'.

Tecla

MBTI Type
INTP
Winter - Hoodie, jeans, shoes
Summer - T-shirt, shorts or gym shorts, flip flops.

Lately I've been wearing these a lot(originally for running). They can draw a lot of attention, mostly in the form laughter and mocks, but I love em.
vibram_KSO_W145.jpg

I dress for comfort, but I make an effort not to look like a complete slob.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow those are crazy cool :D

yeah i basically wear tank tops n skirts or jeans or dresses...in the winter i'll wear the same thing really...just...with a jacket and maybe some boots.

gromit

likes this
I prefer bright colors and patterns, as well as vintage or sort of earthy/hippie, depending on my mood. Also I sometimes just like really random, random things that might not even be in style. Like, I would totally buy one of these and would wear it at every possible/appropriate moment, if they weren't out of stock:

il_430xN.98372464.jpg

I also like this. Honestly, "business casual" is sucking the life out of me...

gromit

likes this
Winter - Hoodie, jeans, shoes
Summer - T-shirt, shorts or gym shorts, flip flops.

Lately I've been wearing these a lot(originally for running). They can draw a lot of attention, mostly in the form laughter and mocks, but I love em.

I dress for comfort, but I make an effort not to look like a complete slob.[/QUOTE]

I have heard good things about those. I used to walk around barefoot and occasionally go running in my old neighborhood all the time, but now there is too much broken glass and other "bonus" items that I have to wear shoes.