MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Night:

You are ascribing the interpretation of an inferior experience; I contend it is merely different, but I don't feel threatened in the least. Just because I use a passionate metaphor does not mean I am out to "bust his chops".

Think of me being colorful, like an ENTP.

Are you saying I cannot challenge something that does not align with my experience?
    Now, you're misdirecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Who cares if it's not his primary/aux function? You're ascribing to an age-old MBTI stereotype if you presume that his comprehension is somehow inferior on that particular basis.
    Trust me, if I made a thread entitled "Peacebaby answers your questions about Te" I would be swarmed by NT's with big wooden clubs ... how dare I presume to have any special insight about logic or thinking
    I rest my case.

It's clear you pair function order with function strength. To use words like "different" to describe your analysis is just transparent euphemism.

On that note, I'm backing out of this thread. It has a great premise, and I don't want to clog it. I just wanted to call you out, Peacebaby.

Or, how did you put it? Oh, yeah: I'm just "testing you".

(uumlau - if you want me to prune the off-topic stuff, just let me know.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

No, I don't specifically pair function order with function strength. Others do here, which is clear.

I am not misdirecting; I am trying to illustrate in a way you can better comprehend.

Exactly what have you "called me out" on? uumlau has been doing fabulous so far fielding what I'm pitching. Why are you coming in and presuming my intention?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

To be fair, I did think the same thing that Peacebaby mentioned. Though, I also have to admit that PB went about it a bit more zealous than I would've, especially also coz I know Uumlau..and his tertiary Fi is pretty damn good.

PB, I think that if you were to make that thread on Te, it would probably get ridiculed and filled with NT jokes...but that's just an educated guess.

However, I do look forward on seeing a thread on Fi from the pov of the tertiary user, it'll be interesting to compare notes. *subscribes*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    (uumlau - if you want me to prune the off-topic stuff, just let me know.)
    OK, you're going to prune off-topic (read PB's posts) out of an Fi thread?

Are you concerned that uumlau can't handle it? Of course he can. He's utterly capable but his descriptors of Fi can be as challenged as any other assumption ...

What is threatening here to you Night?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    To be fair, I did think the same thing that Peacebaby mentioned. Though, I also have to admit that PB went about it a bit more zealous than I would've, especially also coz I know Uumlau..and his tertiary Fi is pretty damn good.

PB, I think that if you were to make that thread on Te, it would probably get ridiculed and filled with NT jokes...but that's just an educated guess.

However, I do look forward on seeing a thread on Fi from the pov of the tertiary user, it'll be interesting to compare notes. *subscribes*
    +1 (except about knowing Uumlau)

I admire PeaceBaby's more direct approach to things. I tend to wear down through exhaustion, and she just cuts to the chase.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Why are you coming in and presuming my intention?
    I respect you uumlau for your gesture to explain Fi [...]

You let Fi "out to play" so to speak, and neatly tuck it away when you are tired of having it underfoot. It's a far different thing to have the "child" screaming at you non-stop and you cannot soothe it nor can you simply abandon it or shut it up with candy or promises or logic.
    Haha. Oh, the irony.

Edit: Doesn't matter if this quote snippet came from anywhere else, PB. There's a lot of low-hanging fruit in this thread that would just as easily illustrate my position.

My point remains - you're projecting.

If this becomes an Fi arm-wrestle, I will work hard to ensure you will go down.
    Yeah, it's clear you're in here to learn. . .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ it's not irony; these words regarding Fi are paraphrased from uumlau's own posts (albeit congregated from some other excellent posts he has made as well on the forum).

Did you bother to read this thread? I guess I should not expect you to have any previous context of course.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

You are right; I am on my horse, holding back the reins; she's ready to charge, but I am holding her back.

I know you mean well. And I am testing you too.

Trust me, if I made a thread entitled "Peacebaby answers your questions about Te" I would be swarmed by NT's with big wooden clubs ... how dare I presume to have any special insight about logic or thinking ...
    I fully understand how you feel. I'd be defending you from any NTs that would do that.

You may test me all you want. I'd hope to be able to learn something from you. I want you in this thread.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

anyone want to indulge some stereotypically Sensorish questions on the topic and give a few examples of real life Fi... and not just NFP Fi?

*is the kid playing in the corner wondering why the grownups are fighting*

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You just saw one

PB is basically standing up for what she believes is right and true and considers it important that the nuances she stressed are noted by those who read this stuff, to make sure the context of what is being taught here is correct.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”