• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm an E type 4w3/ MB type ENFP-- questions

four

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4x3
Hey all,

Are there any fellow E type 4w3/ MB type ENFPs out there? From what little I know about the MB, it might be unusual for E4s to be this MB type. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.) But I am quite an extroverted and social 4 at times, which I think is in large part due to my strong 3 wing (although, like any good 4 I quite value and need my alone time, and sometimes can become very inward-looking and pensive.) I would like to know more about this MB/Ennagram type combo and hear your general or specific thoughts on it. I'm trying to understand more about the MB.

Thanks!

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I'm ENFP and 4w3 =]

but I cant help much

I'd like to hear others thoughts as well

and I can be both very extroverted and very shy, depending on well, life

and my 3 wing is verrry strong. so i is curious tooo

G

garbage

check the 4w3 thread in the enneagram forum, too

lots o' back and forth there

psyche

Yes, there was some discussion of this on a 4w3 thread a while back....

I'm like you, four. :) Same exact Etype. But I'm eNFJ. I wrote on that thread how, typically, 4w3s are extraverted while 4w5s are introverted. BUT, all 4s tend toward introversion so those of us with a 3 wing can swing between I and E and have a lot of both. I fall right on the line, just a little more E than I. The 3 wants to be out there, in the world, seen and celebrated, while the 4 wants to look inward, go deep, withdraw into the self and often just avoid the world.

It's a conflict, internally, but also a balance....

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's actually MBTI. Myers-Briggs Type indicator.

It doesn't really make sense if you say
"I'm trying to understand more about the Myers-Briggs."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Me.

Oh - ok - to elaborate. Like the above person said, type 4 is more introverted and type 3 is more extroverted. Therefore, it actually makes lots of sense that an ENFP (a so-called "introverted extrovert") would be a 4w3.

It's like we have that Fi need for individuality, expression, and authenticity that is very compatible with 4, but the need for external approval of a 3.

I think it has something to do with my childhood, in my case. I've been "on stage" for most of my life. Dancing, theatre, singing, and as a child also just feeling like I had to parade around and jump through hoops to please my ISTJ father figure.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I've seen quite a few 4w3 ENFPs. I don't think it's too uncommon and it certainly isn't impossible.

Marm describes it well.

I wonder why I never see type 5 ENTPs then...

(Some times I think I could be a 5w6 INTP [or maybe 5w6 ENTP, if I wasn't convinced that type 5 ENTP was impossible], but shhhh, don't tell anyone!)

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen quite a few 4w3 ENFPs. I don't think it's too uncommon and it certainly isn't impossible.

Marm describes it well.

I wonder why I never see type 5 ENTPs then...

(Some times I think I could be a 5w6 INTP [or maybe 5w6 ENTP, if I wasn't convinced that type 5 ENTP was impossible], but shhhh, don't tell anyone!)

Plenty of type 5 ENTPs.....i'm surprised there are any other types. I'm a 5w4 myself.

Chloe

4w3 NFPs (especially if they say they have strong 3 wing) are usually 3s... but they'll never know it..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
4w3 NFPs (especially if they say they have strong 3 wing) are usually 3s... but they'll never know it..

Why do you say that? From what I've been shown, 3s are more likely to be ExxJ.

4w3 is actually somewhat common for ENFP, although apparently not as common as 7.

Chloe

Why do you say that? From what I've been shown, 3s are more likely to be ExxJ.

4w3 is actually somewhat common for ENFP, although apparently not as common as 7.

I am not saying 4 is not common for ENFPs.. but I think some 3s and NFs think they are 4w3.

how would you explain then ENFP who is 1? 1 is totally "ISTJ" .. but still there are ENFP 1s

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am not saying 4 is not common for ENFPs.. but I think some 3s and NFs think they are 4w3.

how would you explain then ENFP who is 1? 1 is totally "ISTJ" .. but still there are ENFP 1s

You said "usually" not sometimes, and that's definitely not the case. Much more common for ENFJ to be 3.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Someone showed me this today

enneagramconversions.jpg

Chloe

I dont know how many % are NF 3s... I was just saying those who say they have very strong 3 wing are likely to be 3 and not 4w3.
I view enneagram - mbti like defense system and true self, so if you're E3 and MBTI P type you can easily score as J because E3 is very J-ish. Also if you're NF and 3 you'll resemble more to 4 and 2 than to popular E3 profile. So if you look at that chart ENFP E2 should be very common yet it doesnt seem that way I dont know anybody who's ENFP-2. I relate to a great part of 4 profile but when you look closely 3w4 and 4w3 is very different in how they approach emotions, especially difficult emotions. Let's say you're trying to remember some bad trauma you had and "reach" to feelings. E4 will have rage, emotional discharge and will actually enjoy feelings and anger, E3 is more blocked about feelings and doesnt enjoy feeling so much. So since I'm NF and when I try that I react like E3, so no way I'm E4. Also if someone relates a lot more to 9 (and 6) than to 2 and 1...no reason to call himself 4. I'm just sharing what I learned by "proffesional" people and it's the theory I dig most. I was also told for ENFP % go something like this : 45% 7s, 20% 4, 30% 3s (yeah i have hard time believing this but could be the people typing themselves as ENFJs?!) and 5% 1s.
Just sharing!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont know how many % are NF 3s... I was just saying those who say they have very strong 3 wing are likely to be 3 and not 4w3.
I view enneagram - mbti like defense system and true self, so if you're E3 and MBTI P type you can easily score as J because E3 is very J-ish. Also if you're NF and 3 you'll resemble more to 4 and 2 than to popular E3 profile. So if you look at that chart ENFP E2 should be very common yet it doesnt seem that way I dont know anybody who's ENFP-2. I relate to a great part of 4 profile but when you look closely 3w4 and 4w3 is very different in how they approach emotions, especially difficult emotions. Let's say you're trying to remember some bad trauma you had and "reach" to feelings. E4 will have rage, emotional discharge and will actually enjoy feelings and anger, E3 is more blocked about feelings and doesnt enjoy feeling so much. So since I'm NF and when I try that I react like E3, so no way I'm E4. Also if someone relates a lot more to 9 (and 6) than to 2 and 1...no reason to call himself 4. I'm just sharing what I learned by "proffesional" people and it's the theory I dig most. I was also told for ENFP % go something like this : 45% 7s, 20% 4, 30% 3s (yeah i have hard time believing this but could be the people typing themselves as ENFJs?!) and 5% 1s.
Just sharing!

I release emotion much more like a 4, though I've been told I might be a 7....? But I definitely match 4 more than 3.

I was in no way trying to say that there aren't 3 ENFPs (seems like they would be especially reliant on Te, perhaps? same with 1 ENFPs?) but that they aren't usual.

Chloe

I release emotion much more like a 4, though I've been told I might be a 7....? But I definitely match 4 more than 3.

I was in no way trying to say that there aren't 3 ENFPs (seems like they would be especially reliant on Te, perhaps? same with 1 ENFPs?) but that they aren't usual.

Yeah, I guess 3s sound more TJ.

Maybe this helps. Bolded ones are very likely to have if you're that type.
Though I must admit I relate to some of 4s (mood swings, desire the unattainable,value depth of feelings,envy,if only, dramatic) but it's mostly cos of being NF. I dont relate to wanting to be SPECIAL and UNIQUE *at all*. Also I relate to huge portion of 7 like hate to limit their options, adventurous etc. and it's also bc of Ne, but I'm not 7 for sure.

743n.jpg

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
interesting.... 4 seems right and about a third of the 3 stuff seems right.

though no one in their right mind would ever be intimidated by me.

but i dont see why ENFPs would typically fall into the 3 catagory. i see 4w3 more than 3. arent enfps typically a little out-there for that type of intense discipline? its eems very J. even TJ to me.

Chloe

interesting.... 4 seems right and about a third of the 3 stuff seems right.

though no one in their right mind would ever be intimidated by me.

but i dont see why ENFPs would typically fall into the 3 catagory. i see 4w3 more than 3. arent enfps typically a little out-there for that type of intense discipline? its eems very J. even TJ to me.

I remember one of your posts on thread about 4w3/3w4 about having super ambitions and wanting to achieve sooooo much... maybe that's what they mean about being intimidating. Being "very ambitious" and all...
you certainly sound like 3 and not 4. IMO. You can identify with 4 because of NF. All NFs can identify with 4, and not all are 4s. Go figure.

My mom is ISTJ and 4, and I couldnt guess it in a million years because it looks sooo different in STJ... but she is, i'm 100% certain now. She always slides to 2 aand starts pleasing people, being loving after having dramatic & self-absorbed rages. Not that this is the only way I know she's 4, of course.
Also, one of the biggest 4s characteristic is envy. When I was first asked is my mom envious of people (from proffesional who tried to help me type her) I was "hell NO" (bc my mom is very self confident, maybe overly even).. and then she said to me, knowing that my mom is STJ, "look, it looks very different in ISTJs, is she sometimes envious of not having husband who gives her financial security and all that?" - i was shocked because my mom is constantly like that, always crying about how her female friends have financially caring husbands. i didnt think of this because I as NF, when it comes to envy, dont think of financial stuff, I had picture in mind of E4-NF who is envious of other more special, more talented, more creative people... but it's not the case with my SJ mother, haha!

The same can apply to NF 3s, VERY different than 3 and ex. ESTJ. And NF 3s will usually think they're 4.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I can see how your mom as an ISTJ fits into the 4 catagory... thats really interesting how that works actually. perhaps I am just relating to the basic NF properties of 4.

The reason I give myself my 3 wing is well, here's an example:

I'm on summer break before my senior year of college and on days when I'm not doing anything productive, for ex. watching the OC and hanging out with my boyfriend at night, I get weirdly nervous because I felt useless and thus I have to go write, make e-mails or work out on days when I'm not working to feel productive.

and I already had an internship this summer & money from my parents but until I found a part time job as a hostess I was super anxious and feeling uselesssssss. I cant just sit still doing nothing, even if I'm perfectly happy, or I get very nervous. I'm assuming this corresponds to my 3 wing?

but then as a writer I am super snobby about being the best writer I know. and I decided on my next day off I would go into NYC (10 mins from where I am in NJ) for the day and wander around taking pictures & writing in cafes. that feels productive to me as well. and I identify with my creative self as my favorite part of myself, more so than my crazy nervous part that needs to be doing something productive everyday im not at work, or my internship.

but do I sound more 4w3 or 3w4? I'm terrible at figuring this out and making decisions.... which is also very un-3like lol

oh, also despite my ambition & competetive nature, I am very quiet about it all, and about 5ft tall & a hundred pounds who compliments & hugs people all the time, so I cant imagine intimidating a fly :(