User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Why do you say that? From what I've been shown, 3s are more likely to be ExxJ.

4w3 is actually somewhat common for ENFP, although apparently not as common as 7.
    I am not saying 4 is not common for ENFPs.. but I think some 3s and NFs think they are 4w3.

how would you explain then ENFP who is 1? 1 is totally "ISTJ" .. but still there are ENFP 1s

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I am not saying 4 is not common for ENFPs.. but I think some 3s and NFs think they are 4w3.

how would you explain then ENFP who is 1? 1 is totally "ISTJ" .. but still there are ENFP 1s
    You said "usually" not sometimes, and that's definitely not the case. Much more common for ENFJ to be 3.

You said "usually" not sometimes, and that's definitely not the case. Much more common for ENFJ to be 3.
    I think they are usually if they say they have very strong 3 wing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Someone showed me this today

I dont know how many % are NF 3s... I was just saying those who say they have very strong 3 wing are likely to be 3 and not 4w3.
    I view enneagram - mbti like defense system and true self, so if you're E3 and MBTI P type you can easily score as J because E3 is very J-ish. Also if you're NF and 3 you'll resemble more to 4 and 2 than to popular E3 profile. So if you look at that chart ENFP E2 should be very common yet it doesnt seem that way I dont know anybody who's ENFP-2. I relate to a great part of 4 profile but when you look closely 3w4 and 4w3 is very different in how they approach emotions, especially difficult emotions. Let's say you're trying to remember some bad trauma you had and "reach" to feelings. E4 will have rage, emotional discharge and will actually enjoy feelings and anger, E3 is more blocked about feelings and doesnt enjoy feeling so much. So since I'm NF and when I try that I react like E3, so no way I'm E4. Also if someone relates a lot more to 9 (and 6) than to 2 and 1...no reason to call himself 4. I'm just sharing what I learned by "proffesional" people and it's the theory I dig most. I was also told for ENFP % go something like this : 45% 7s, 20% 4, 30% 3s (yeah i have hard time believing this but could be the people typing themselves as ENFJs?!) and 5% 1s.
    Just sharing!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I dont know how many % are NF 3s... I was just saying those who say they have very strong 3 wing are likely to be 3 and not 4w3.
    I view enneagram - mbti like defense system and true self, so if you're E3 and MBTI P type you can easily score as J because E3 is very J-ish. Also if you're NF and 3 you'll resemble more to 4 and 2 than to popular E3 profile. So if you look at that chart ENFP E2 should be very common yet it doesnt seem that way I dont know anybody who's ENFP-2. I relate to a great part of 4 profile but when you look closely 3w4 and 4w3 is very different in how they approach emotions, especially difficult emotions. Let's say you're trying to remember some bad trauma you had and "reach" to feelings. E4 will have rage, emotional discharge and will actually enjoy feelings and anger, E3 is more blocked about feelings and doesnt enjoy feeling so much. So since I'm NF and when I try that I react like E3, so no way I'm E4. Also if someone relates a lot more to 9 (and 6) than to 2 and 1...no reason to call himself 4. I'm just sharing what I learned by "proffesional" people and it's the theory I dig most. I was also told for ENFP % go something like this : 45% 7s, 20% 4, 30% 3s (yeah i have hard time believing this but could be the people typing themselves as ENFJs?!) and 5% 1s.
    Just sharing!

I release emotion much more like a 4, though I've been told I might be a 7....? But I definitely match 4 more than 3.

I was in no way trying to say that there aren't 3 ENFPs (seems like they would be especially reliant on Te, perhaps? same with 1 ENFPs?) but that they aren't usual.

I release emotion much more like a 4, though I've been told I might be a 7....? But I definitely match 4 more than 3.

I was in no way trying to say that there aren't 3 ENFPs (seems like they would be especially reliant on Te, perhaps? same with 1 ENFPs?) but that they aren't usual.
    Yeah, I guess 3s sound more TJ.

Maybe this helps. Bolded ones are very likely to have if you're that type.
    Though I must admit I relate to some of 4s (mood swings, desire the unattainable,value depth of feelings,envy,if only, dramatic) but it's mostly cos of being NF. I dont relate to wanting to be SPECIAL and UNIQUE *at all*. Also I relate to huge portion of 7 like hate to limit their options, adventurous etc. and it's also bc of Ne, but I'm not 7 for sure.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

interesting.... 4 seems right and about a third of the 3 stuff seems right.

though no one in their right mind would ever be intimidated by me.

but i dont see why ENFPs would typically fall into the 3 catagory. i see 4w3 more than 3. arent enfps typically a little out-there for that type of intense discipline? its eems very J. even TJ to me.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    interesting.... 4 seems right and about a third of the 3 stuff seems right.

though no one in their right mind would ever be intimidated by me.

but i dont see why ENFPs would typically fall into the 3 catagory. i see 4w3 more than 3. arent enfps typically a little out-there for that type of intense discipline? its eems very J. even TJ to me.

I remember one of your posts on thread about 4w3/3w4 about having super ambitions and wanting to achieve sooooo much... maybe that's what they mean about being intimidating. Being "very ambitious" and all...
    you certainly sound like 3 and not 4. IMO. You can identify with 4 because of NF. All NFs can identify with 4, and not all are 4s. Go figure.

My mom is ISTJ and 4, and I couldnt guess it in a million years because it looks sooo different in STJ... but she is, i'm 100% certain now. She always slides to 2 aand starts pleasing people, being loving after having dramatic & self-absorbed rages. Not that this is the only way I know she's 4, of course.
    Also, one of the biggest 4s characteristic is envy. When I was first asked is my mom envious of people (from proffesional who tried to help me type her) I was "hell NO" (bc my mom is very self confident, maybe overly even).. and then she said to me, knowing that my mom is STJ, "look, it looks very different in ISTJs, is she sometimes envious of not having husband who gives her financial security and all that?" - i was shocked because my mom is constantly like that, always crying about how her female friends have financially caring husbands. i didnt think of this because I as NF, when it comes to envy, dont think of financial stuff, I had picture in mind of E4-NF who is envious of other more special, more talented, more creative people... but it's not the case with my SJ mother, haha!

The same can apply to NF 3s, VERY different than 3 and ex. ESTJ. And NF 3s will usually think they're 4.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I can see how your mom as an ISTJ fits into the 4 catagory... thats really interesting how that works actually. perhaps I am just relating to the basic NF properties of 4.

The reason I give myself my 3 wing is well, here's an example:

I'm on summer break before my senior year of college and on days when I'm not doing anything productive, for ex. watching the OC and hanging out with my boyfriend at night, I get weirdly nervous because I felt useless and thus I have to go write, make e-mails or work out on days when I'm not working to feel productive.

and I already had an internship this summer & money from my parents but until I found a part time job as a hostess I was super anxious and feeling uselesssssss. I cant just sit still doing nothing, even if I'm perfectly happy, or I get very nervous. I'm assuming this corresponds to my 3 wing?

but then as a writer I am super snobby about being the best writer I know. and I decided on my next day off I would go into NYC (10 mins from where I am in NJ) for the day and wander around taking pictures & writing in cafes. that feels productive to me as well. and I identify with my creative self as my favorite part of myself, more so than my crazy nervous part that needs to be doing something productive everyday im not at work, or my internship.

but do I sound more 4w3 or 3w4? I'm terrible at figuring this out and making decisions.... which is also very un-3like lol

oh, also despite my ambition & competetive nature, I am very quiet about it all, and about 5ft tall & a hundred pounds who compliments & hugs people all the time, so I cant imagine intimidating a fly
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4