User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 54

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Nothing in the animal kingdom is N, because intuition requires the capacity for conceptual thought, which is exclusively human. The only other animals smart enough for it are the chimp and the dolphin, and those are S as well.

    Ants are ESTJ, not ISTJ. They have the ISTJ worker drone personality, but they're obviously extremely social.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post


    3. Given that Sensing is acting on direct sensory feedback, and most animals do not possess the ability for abstract thought, most animals are not intuitors. This is plain logic, and it is not to say that Sensors are as stupid as animals, merely that sensors prefer to act on senses and animals have no choice but to do so.
    Last time I checked cognitive processes were linked to cognition. Look, it even says so in the name. Cognitive processes. See that? Cognitive. What does that mean? It means all the processes arrive from cognition. See how simple that is. Just so you don't have to look it up I will explain, Cognition is the scientific term for "the process of thought".

    Reading your posts I imagine you might be wondering what the definition of thought is. Here it is Thoughts are forms created in the mind, rather than the forms perceived through the five senses.

    Abstraction is the process or result of generalization by reducing the information content of a concept or an observable phenomenon, typically to retain only information which is relevant for a particular purpose. You are confusing abstract thought processes and a tendency towards abstraction in the individual.

    There is a gross simplification of cognition in the different types in your thinking.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Let's see, so far I have claimed that:

    1. People with a Sensing preference have, on average, lower IQs than Intuitors. This is not an ignorant stereotype, it is a statistical fact. I have at no point claimed this is an absolute (I know at least one sensor that's even smarter than I am), but the fact is sensors are more likely to be less intelligent than intuitors than vice versa. Similarly, introverts are also more likely to have a high IQ than extroverts.
    That paper relies on a correlation between MBTI and the Big Five. Not specifically S and N or any other of the cognitive functions. Pretty dubious.

  3. #43
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    There's a high correlation between most SLOAN functions and their Myers-Briggs equivalents, the sole exception being C/L. This study from the 2003 edition of the European Journal of Psychology goes in-depth on MBTI correlation with intelligence, as well as mental disease and a number of other factors. Unfortunately I haven't yet found a copy available to the public.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #44
    Widdles in your cream.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    577

    Default

    You could just sort out the N/S dilemma by applying it metaphorically. That is, the more advanced animals would be Sensors due to being more invested in the concrete world, whilst primitive animals would be intuitive. Or would that be an I/E thing?

    Or, the animals with sensitive perception could be a metaphor for intuition, because people with this preference are sensitive to subtley, or filling in the blindspot for themselves. Sensors need the details to be provided for them, which makes me think of an animal with poor eyesight/other perception, because obviously, they can't fill in the gaps for themselves.

    Pe = animal with well-rounded perception (e.g. good eyesight, hearing, smell, etc)
    Pi = animal with one or two well-developed senses (e.g. good eyesight but poor hearing)

    Or vice versa. Or "STFU n00b". :P
    Um, yeah.

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    There's a high correlation between most SLOAN functions and their Myers-Briggs equivalents, the sole exception being C/L. This study from the 2003 edition of the European Journal of Psychology goes in-depth on MBTI correlation with intelligence, as well as mental disease and a number of other factors. Unfortunately I haven't yet found a copy available to the public.
    You claim intelligence and creativity as an intuitive trait without telling the whole story. Openness is correlated with intuition. And high openness is correlated with intelligence and creativity. But only some areas of creativity and intelligence. In creativity it is divergent thinking which is only one aspect of creativity and certainly not the act of being creative. Here is the study. It is only modestly correlated with creativity.

    If you take self reporting scales that all include the question Are you creative in one way or the other you are going to find a correlation I imagine.

    It is interesting how openness is only correlated to crystallized intelligence. Not fluid or general intelligence. That makes sense as the self measuring includes questions about history of exposure to various experiences. So a high measure in openness would correlate with a high base of various experiences to draw from.

    Let's go into that some more...

    Fluid intelligence is the ability to find meaning in confusion and solve new problems. It is the ability to draw inferences and understand the relationships of various concepts, independent of acquired knowledge.

    Crystallized intelligence is the ability to use skills, knowledge, and experience. It should not be equated with memory or knowledge, but it does rely on accessing information from long-term memory.


    It is ironic how crystallized intelligence relies on long term memory and experience don't you think? Seeing as you stereotype sensors as only capable of that. I love it.

    You are running around the forum making blanket statements such as intuitive are more creative and intelligent and using openness as your evidence. There is a modest correlation between intuition and openness, then there is a modest correlation between openness and creativity and intelligence and only some aspects at that. Yet you go around spreading misinformation and putting down the capabilities of sensing types. I don't like that.

  6. #46
    Member Srho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFX
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Okay, I'll start this off by reminding everyone that this is just generic trends, you can't lump all members of a species into one type. For example, my past pets have been INFJ (dog), INTJ (cat), INFP, ISTP (goldfish), and xSTP (current dog).

    Anyway:
    Cat: INTJ
    Dog: ESFP
    Ant: ISTJ
    Snake: INTJ
    Wolf: INFJ?
    Lizard: ISTP
    Turtle: INFP
    Human: ExTJ
    Monkey: ENFP
    Goldfish: ISFP
    Parrot: ENTP

  7. #47
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    my current cat is probably an INTJ. he has my dad trained.

    i say he's not a sensor because he's not all that accurate around food and with smell, and he has a really bad perception of how huge he actually is.

  8. #48
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    my current cat is probably an INTJ. he has my dad trained.

    i say he's not a sensor because he's not all that accurate around food and with smell, and he has a really bad perception of how huge he actually is.

  9. #49
    Member Idontcare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Srho View Post
    Okay, I'll start this off by reminding everyone that this is just generic trends, you can't lump all members of a species into one type. For example, my past pets have been INFJ (dog), INTJ (cat), INFP, ISTP (goldfish), and xSTP (current dog).

    Anyway:
    Cat: INTJ
    Dog: ESFP
    Ant: ISTJ
    Snake: INTJ
    Wolf: INFJ?
    Lizard: ISTP
    Turtle: INFP
    Human: ExTJ
    Monkey: ENFP
    Goldfish: ISFP
    Parrot: ENTP
    Why is an ENTP a parrot?

    anyways, people on this forum need to quit being so sensitive, its not that big of a deal.

  10. #50
    Senior Member plastic ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    115

    Default

    My first cat was SUCH an INTJ 8 sp/sx. Current one is sooo ESFJ. My lizard is ISTP.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI Types of countries' citizens
    By NewEra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 08:36 PM
  2. MBTI Types of British TV Shows You've Never Heard of.
    By Mort Belfry in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 06:33 PM
  3. The MBTI types of MLB stars.
    By ferunandesu in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 04:53 PM
  4. MBTI type of Tommy Shaw (A member of Styx)
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO