• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI types of animals

wolfy

awsm
Nothing in the animal kingdom is N, because intuition requires the capacity for conceptual thought, which is exclusively human. The only other animals smart enough for it are the chimp and the dolphin, and those are S as well.

Ants are ESTJ, not ISTJ. They have the ISTJ worker drone personality, but they're obviously extremely social.

3. Given that Sensing is acting on direct sensory feedback, and most animals do not possess the ability for abstract thought, most animals are not intuitors. This is plain logic, and it is not to say that Sensors are as stupid as animals, merely that sensors prefer to act on senses and animals have no choice but to do so.

Last time I checked cognitive processes were linked to cognition. Look, it even says so in the name. Cognitive processes. See that? Cognitive. What does that mean? It means all the processes arrive from cognition. See how simple that is. Just so you don't have to look it up I will explain, Cognition is the scientific term for "the process of thought".

Reading your posts I imagine you might be wondering what the definition of thought is. Here it is Thoughts are forms created in the mind, rather than the forms perceived through the five senses.

Abstraction is the process or result of generalization by reducing the information content of a concept or an observable phenomenon, typically to retain only information which is relevant for a particular purpose. You are confusing abstract thought processes and a tendency towards abstraction in the individual.

There is a gross simplification of cognition in the different types in your thinking.

wolfy

awsm
Let's see, so far I have claimed that:

1. People with a Sensing preference have, on average, lower IQs than Intuitors. This is not an ignorant stereotype, it is a statistical fact. I have at no point claimed this is an absolute (I know at least one sensor that's even smarter than I am), but the fact is sensors are more likely to be less intelligent than intuitors than vice versa. Similarly, introverts are also more likely to have a high IQ than extroverts.

That paper relies on a correlation between MBTI and the Big Five. Not specifically S and N or any other of the cognitive functions. Pretty dubious.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a high correlation between most SLOAN functions and their Myers-Briggs equivalents, the sole exception being C/L. This study from the 2003 edition of the European Journal of Psychology goes in-depth on MBTI correlation with intelligence, as well as mental disease and a number of other factors. Unfortunately I haven't yet found a copy available to the public.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You could just sort out the N/S dilemma by applying it metaphorically. That is, the more advanced animals would be Sensors due to being more invested in the concrete world, whilst primitive animals would be intuitive. Or would that be an I/E thing?

Or, the animals with sensitive perception could be a metaphor for intuition, because people with this preference are sensitive to subtley, or filling in the blindspot for themselves. Sensors need the details to be provided for them, which makes me think of an animal with poor eyesight/other perception, because obviously, they can't fill in the gaps for themselves.

Pe = animal with well-rounded perception (e.g. good eyesight, hearing, smell, etc)
Pi = animal with one or two well-developed senses (e.g. good eyesight but poor hearing)

Or vice versa. Or "STFU n00b". :p

wolfy

awsm
There's a high correlation between most SLOAN functions and their Myers-Briggs equivalents, the sole exception being C/L. This study from the 2003 edition of the European Journal of Psychology goes in-depth on MBTI correlation with intelligence, as well as mental disease and a number of other factors. Unfortunately I haven't yet found a copy available to the public.

You claim intelligence and creativity as an intuitive trait without telling the whole story. Openness is correlated with intuition. And high openness is correlated with intelligence and creativity. But only some areas of creativity and intelligence. In creativity it is divergent thinking which is only one aspect of creativity and certainly not the act of being creative. Here is the study. It is only modestly correlated with creativity.

If you take self reporting scales that all include the question Are you creative in one way or the other you are going to find a correlation I imagine.

It is interesting how openness is only correlated to crystallized intelligence. Not fluid or general intelligence. That makes sense as the self measuring includes questions about history of exposure to various experiences. So a high measure in openness would correlate with a high base of various experiences to draw from.

Let's go into that some more...

Fluid intelligence is the ability to find meaning in confusion and solve new problems. It is the ability to draw inferences and understand the relationships of various concepts, independent of acquired knowledge.

Crystallized intelligence is the ability to use skills, knowledge, and experience. It should not be equated with memory or knowledge, but it does rely on accessing information from long-term memory.

It is ironic how crystallized intelligence relies on long term memory and experience don't you think? Seeing as you stereotype sensors as only capable of that. I love it.

You are running around the forum making blanket statements such as intuitive are more creative and intelligent and using openness as your evidence. There is a modest correlation between intuition and openness, then there is a modest correlation between openness and creativity and intelligence and only some aspects at that. Yet you go around spreading misinformation and putting down the capabilities of sensing types. I don't like that.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
Okay, I'll start this off by reminding everyone that this is just generic trends, you can't lump all members of a species into one type. For example, my past pets have been INFJ (dog), INTJ (cat), INFP, ISTP (goldfish), and xSTP (current dog).

Anyway:
Cat: INTJ
Dog: ESFP
Ant: ISTJ
Snake: INTJ
Wolf: INFJ?
Lizard: ISTP
Turtle: INFP
Human: ExTJ
Monkey: ENFP
Goldfish: ISFP
Parrot: ENTP

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my current cat is probably an INTJ. he has my dad trained.

i say he's not a sensor because he's not all that accurate around food and with smell, and he has a really bad perception of how huge he actually is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
my current cat is probably an INTJ. he has my dad trained.

i say he's not a sensor because he's not all that accurate around food and with smell, and he has a really bad perception of how huge he actually is.

:wubbie:

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Okay, I'll start this off by reminding everyone that this is just generic trends, you can't lump all members of a species into one type. For example, my past pets have been INFJ (dog), INTJ (cat), INFP, ISTP (goldfish), and xSTP (current dog).

Anyway:
Cat: INTJ
Dog: ESFP
Ant: ISTJ
Snake: INTJ
Wolf: INFJ?
Lizard: ISTP
Turtle: INFP
Human: ExTJ
Monkey: ENFP
Goldfish: ISFP
Parrot: ENTP

Why is an ENTP a parrot?

anyways, people on this forum need to quit being so sensitive, its not that big of a deal.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first cat was SUCH an INTJ 8 sp/sx. Current one is sooo ESFJ. My lizard is ISTP.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have been waiting for the opportunity to do this!

ISFJ - Kangaroo
ESFJ - Dog
ISTJ - Bison
ESTJ - Wolf

ESTP - Eagle
ISTP - Cat
ESFP - Lion
ISFP - Deer

INTJ - Snake
INFJ - Horse
ENTJ - Bear
ENFJ - Elephant

INFP - Frog
ENFP - Panda
INTP - Fox
ENTP - Owl

Fury

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Decided to stray away from the usual (ENFJ = Dog, INTP = Owl) this time. :) Most of these are based from The Animal In You test.
(I'm an ENFP Rooster myself)

ESTP - Crocodile
ISTP - Snake
ESFP - Dolphin
ISFP - Lark

ESTJ - Eagle
ISTJ - Rhinoceros
ESFJ - Peacock
ISFJ - Swan

ENTP - Rooster
INTP - Bat
ENFP - Fox
INFP - Cottontail

ENTJ - Wolf
INTJ - Vulture
ENFJ - Elephant
INFJ - Hummingbird

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJ - Swan

I was looking for funny swan pictures to reply to this with and I found the perfect picture almost immediately.