• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SFP Fi

wolfy

awsm
I am interested how Se affects Fi. I put it here because I want input from anyone. I am interested in how Se affects Fi in theory. In how SFP see Fi in themselves.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Se is a prefferance for learning from direct experience, so SFPs tend to form opinions based more upon their own life experiences then theoretical considerations (unlike the NFPs!). Because of this preferance, SFPs will tend to get invovled in lots of diffferent things, which builds up their basis for making decisions. When experience is laking, SFPS often remain neutral on the subject matter. Their Ni is probably chipping in there - peoples opinions are just ideas, at least until the SFP has tride it themselves.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Strangely, they "get wise" a lot sooner than most INFPs.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Strangely, they "get wise" a lot sooner than most INFPs.

Se drives them towards actually experiencing things. Whereas an INFP might just end up an encyclopedia of useless knowledge and theories.
It balances out in time.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am interested how Se affects Fi. I put it here because I want input from anyone. I am interested in how Se affects Fi in theory. In how SFP see Fi in themselves.

How do I find the answer to that? How do I know what is "Fi" in myself?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se drives them towards actually experiencing things. Whereas an INFP might just end up an encyclopedia of useless knowledge and theories.
It balances out in time.

HAHAHAHHA! Oh, man. I have often thought, "If I could use my imagination for something practical, I'd be a rich woman." Alas....I'm one of the morons who is an encyclopedia of (mostly) worthless knowledge and theories that makes me excited as hell, but hardly anyone else. GAH!

wolfy

awsm

Read about it then...

Bounce a ball up and down. Throw it against a wall.
Lie down quietly in the corner for a long time.
Repeat...

Something will pop into your head eventually.

gromit

likes this
Read about it then...

Repeat...

:D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YAY I found sarcasm again! I'm getting good at this! :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se is a prefferance for learning from direct experience, so SFPs tend to form opinions based more upon their own life experiences then theoretical considerations (unlike the NFPs!). Because of this preferance, SFPs will tend to get invovled in lots of diffferent things, which builds up their basis for making decisions. When experience is laking, SFPS often remain neutral on the subject matter. Their Ni is probably chipping in there - peoples opinions are just ideas, at least until the SFP has tride it themselves.

+1 to your post.

Also as said in the other most recent Fi thread, Se is about the current context. So we would be in tune with how things affect us in the current context... and we wouldn't really jump to conclusions like Ne does in the NFPs. So we'd only really react a certain way unless we had a real reason to.

I personally don't express offense or anything emotional unless there is some kind of concrete proof that someone had that intent. I tend to react to on the surface emotions over the deeper ones. When that happens I tend to just stay cool and wait for more info to see what the intent was.

Also... my values are constantly being molded from my experiences in life. That's how I describe Fi and Se working together. And adding to that, I tend to express my values and inner feelings through action (or inaction). Not really through my thoughts.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
+1 to your post.

Also as said in the other most recent Fi thread, Se is about the current context. So we would be in tune with how things affect us in the current context... and we wouldn't really jump to conclusions like Ne does in the NFPs. So we'd only really react a certain way unless we had a real reason to.

I personally don't express offense or anything emotional unless there is some kind of concrete proof that someone had that intent. I tend to react to on the surface emotions over the deeper ones. When that happens I tend to just stay cool and wait for more info to see what the intent was.

Also... my values are constantly being molded from my experiences in life. That's how I describe Fi and Se working together. And adding to that, I tend to express my values and inner feelings through action (or inaction). Not really through my thoughts.

Thank you. It was actually through reading some of your posts that I managed to improve my understanding of Se.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
My Fi means that my values are very important to me, but it tends to express itself in what I do. So I might go donate to a charity I believe in, for example. When I feel some strong emotion, my actions might be coloured by that emotion. For example, I had a bad day at work the other day, and I found myself expressing my frustration by revving the car up, and playing the car stereo loudly.

I don't usually want to discuss my emotions too much ... sometimes I will, but only if I feel it's going to be productive to do so. I tend to only want to talk about my values or feelings if I'm uncertain about them and want to get some objective feedback. When I truly believe something, I don't feel the need to shout about it. Sometimes I have a hard time expressing why I believe what I do, or why I like or dislike something ... it just feels right, that's all.

I don't know if that's what you were looking for. Hope it was helpful/interesting. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My eSFP ex used to talk about being "true to self" "being real" and complained about how some people have "no soul." He was very tough, but would cry over IRL stuff that happens in the world (really truly bad stuff, like people raping and killing children) and had an incredibly strong sense of justice, which unfortunately he took it upon himself to mete out, sometimes by violence.

He could also be very clingy and affectionate, but just as quickly horribly selfish. Unapologetically selfish. Very loyal to family, though.

He's not the healthiest SFP in the world, but that's his Fi in a nut shell.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Read about it then...

Repeat...

So the something that pops into my head will be Fi?

wolfy

awsm
So the something that pops into my head will be Fi?

Yes. You do it the same way you figure out if you are...

abstract versus concrete
cooperative versus pragmatic
directive versus informative
expressive versus attentive

Just reflect on your thinking in this case. Not how you think about yourself relative to your environment.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My Fi means that my values are very important to me, but it tends to express itself in what I do. So I might go donate to a charity I believe in, for example. When I feel some strong emotion, my actions might be coloured by that emotion. For example, I had a bad day at work the other day, and I found myself expressing my frustration by revving the car up, and playing the car stereo loudly.

I don't usually want to discuss my emotions too much ... sometimes I will, but only if I feel it's going to be productive to do so. I tend to only want to talk about my values or feelings if I'm uncertain about them and want to get some objective feedback. When I truly believe something, I don't feel the need to shout about it. Sometimes I have a hard time expressing why I believe what I do, or why I like or dislike something ... it just feels right, that's all.

I don't know if that's what you were looking for. Hope it was helpful/interesting. :)

+1 That's totally how it works for me too. :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This is being one of the most enlightening threads in the history of Typ0C for me. Wanted to read some of these thoughts for a long time now :)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. You do it the same way you figure out if you are...

abstract versus concrete
cooperative versus pragmatic
directive versus informative
expressive versus attentive

Just reflect on your thinking in this case. Not how you think about yourself relative to your environment.

could you explain or link me to somewhere, with that last dichotomy? how does "attentive" contrast with expressive in this context?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It's that little voice in your head that tells you what's fundamentally right and wrong, and to stick up for your right to express yourself in your own way.

Each function represents an attitude, a perspective, a certain way of viewing the relationship between yourself and the outside world.