User Tag List

First 234

Thread: SFP Fi

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    This would suggest that SFP may take people at face value and may be gulliable.
    Does it? Why? Only an SFP who has never dealt with people before would do that, and that seems rather unlikely.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Does it? Why? Only an SFP who has never dealt with people before would do that, and that seems rather unlikely.
    Not anaylizing people's ideas perhaps even for motives behind thier ideas plus
    the tendacy with SPs to go with the flow which may lead to trouble especially is one's internal values are not strong or tempered by experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    Not anaylizing people's ideas perhaps even for motives behind thier ideas plus
    the tendacy with SPs to go with the flow which may lead to trouble especially is one's internal values are not strong or tempered by experience.
    I think there is a misunderstanding here. When I was talking about failing to formulate opinions, I was talking about things that the SFP does not see as relivant to themselves. They may not care if something is true or false if it isn't going to effect them much either way. However, someone stood right there, trying to sell them london bridge, is going to get analysed and probably kicked out on their ass. It would be hard for an SFP to go through life without experiencing someone lying to them, or trying to manipulate them, so experience of such things is liable to be plentifull.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think there is a misunderstanding here. When I was talking about failing to formulate opinions, I was talking about things that the SFP does not see as relivant to themselves. They may not care if something is true or false if it isn't going to effect them much either way. However, someone stood right there, trying to sell them london bridge, is going to get analysed and probably kicked out on their ass. It would be hard for an SFP to go through life without experiencing someone lying to them, or trying to manipulate them, so experience of such things is liable to be plentifull.
    Thanks. The bolded part is true for me.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

ISFPs have tertiary Ni instead. This can also cause them problems, but of a different nature. ISFPs will sometimes fail to form opinions when Se gathered information is lacking. This is the tertiary Ni treating peoples opinions as ideas, but then not taking the process any further, such as by analysing these view points for usable principals.
    Interesting.

My ISFP friend can be like this but then she will suddenly make these great leaps in expressing her opinion, seemingly out of nowhere. Once (I wasn't there but heard about it) she went to see Sin City with her boyfriend and some friends. They walked out discussing how much they like it but she went BALLISTIC. She went on a huge rant about how offended she was by its misogynistic themes. Everyone was really shocked because she is always so sweet and unsure of herself, and this was way out of character. It makes me wonder what went on inside her head then and in a day-to-day sense. What made that film violate her beliefs so entirely and unforgiveably, where so few things get anywhere near that in general? Does she have very strong beliefs that she keeps to herself and merely humours others as the express theirs? Is her appearance of irresolution simply a false percerption? And if XSFPs are usually flexible and open to various points of view, what makes them put their foot down and really assert their perspective?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Interesting.

My ISFP friend can be like this but then she will suddenly make these great leaps in expressing her opinion, seemingly out of nowhere. Once (I wasn't there but heard about it) she went to see Sin City with her boyfriend and some friends. They walked out discussing how much they like it but she went BALLISTIC. She went on a huge rant about how offended she was by its misogynistic themes. Everyone was really shocked because she is always so sweet and unsure of herself, and this was way out of character. It makes me wonder what went on inside her head then and in a day-to-day sense. What made that film violate her beliefs so entirely and unforgiveably, where so few things get anywhere near that in general? Does she have very strong beliefs that she keeps to herself and merely humours others as the express theirs? Is her appearance of irresolution simply a false percerption? And if XSFPs are usually flexible and open to various points of view, what makes them put their foot down and really assert their perspective?
    Difficult to say, I confess. I suspect the film must have reminded her of some bad experience. Perhaps she was mistreated by someone who displayed such attitudes.

It would not surprise me if she does frequently keep her thoughts to herself. Being an INTJ, I also have Ni - Fi (though the other way round) and I often do something similar, though with me it tends to be on more prosaic subjects.

I suspect that they put their foot down when it comes to a point where they actually think it matters. Once again, I think that point will depend upon their experiences.