Thread: Fi Doms & Subs

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Fi Doms & Subs

So my question has to do with a bunch of the threads lately. Why when people discuss Fi do they talk about INFP (and/or ENFP) when ISFP leads with Fi (like INFP) and ESFP has Fi as a second function (like ENFP)?

Do people not find the same issues with ISFP as they do with INFP so when they talk about Fi they are actually talking about something else, like a combo of Fi and Ne? If Fi causes such questions with INFP shouldn't it also with ISFP?

This is actually a question, not a discussion on what type is better or why you hate Fi or why you can't stand people who aren't NFQs. Thanks!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, like SFPs and their Fi is never offensive, crazy, and annoying. My eSFP ex is batshit crazy.

There are just certain stereotypes on this forum, most of which involve putting Ss down and complaining about how emo NFPs are.

It's almost like people just regurgitate the same complaints to have something to talk about. It's almost like following the crowd.

I'm starting to get bored with it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    So my question has to do with a bunch of the threads lately. Why when people discuss Fi do they talk about INFP (and/or ENFP) when ISFP leads with Fi (like INFP) and ESFP has Fi as a second function (like ENFP)?

Do people not find the same issues with ISFP as they do with INFP so when they talk about Fi they are actually talking about something else, like a combo of Fi and Ne? If Fi causes such questions with INFP shouldn't it also with ISFP?

This is actually a question, not a discussion on what type is better or why you hate Fi or why you can't stand people who aren't NFQs. Thanks!
    N-bias?

I think a lot of the Fi talk on the forum is NF talk. I think Se anchors isfp to the real world somewhat. So they express Fi in a more concrete way. It never is Fi only. I think maybe there is a split in between Fi and Se that causes them to see Fi as somewhat amusing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think a lot of the Fi talk on the forum is NF talk. I think Se anchors isfp to the real world somewhat. So they express Fi in a more concrete way. It never is Fi only. I think maybe there is a split in between Fi and Se that causes them to see Fi as somewhat amusing.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree. Ever seen an SFP with a severe anger problem? It's more concrete, sure. Like knocking people's teeth out with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree. Ever seen an SFP with a severe anger problem? It's more concrete, sure. Like knocking people's teeth out with a hammer.
    Yeah, you might be right. I guess that all that "we are the world" stuff flies right out the door then. Even anger would be expressed in a more concrete way. Not hitting though, I have never hit anyone outside of sports, much.
    Last edited by wolfy; 04-15-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added much

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah but marm I thought you esfp wasn't exactly healthy, is that a normal way for an sfp to deal with anger?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I am sorely disappointed at the lack of sexiness in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, like SFPs and their Fi is never offensive, crazy, and annoying. My eSFP ex is batshit crazy.
    Crazy people are crazy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    Yeah but marm I thought you esfp wasn't exactly healthy, is that a normal way for an sfp to deal with anger?
    Yeah that's why I said severe anger problem. I know other SFPs who aren't like that.

My experience of them, though, is that they definitely have Fi. I don't see them being that detatched from it IRL, maybe just seemingly more so on the Internet. They just express Fi differently - but I find they value authenticity just as much, and are just as likely to be emo in a different way.