Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INFP type 9 ftw!

It's the 4s that cause most of the trouble
    *raises eyebrow*

I think you might have that impression because most 4's are more willing to stand up for how they feel and actually confront you and try to explain their pov whereas 9's probably are more likely to just keep their views to themselves coz it doesn't seem worth the fuss or at least try to soften their views while communicating them, making those views more palatable. Blunt, sincere (and therefore to *you* dramatic) honesty not your cup of tea then, Sim?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    *raises eyebrow*

I think you might have that impression because most 4's are more willing to stand up for how they feel and actually confront you and try to explain their pov whereas 9's probably are more likely to just keep their views to themselves coz it doesn't seem worth the fuss or at least try to soften their views while communicating them, making those views more palatable. Blunt, sincere (and therefore to *you* dramatic) honesty not your cup of tea then, Sim?
    He likes people who agree with him!

So am I right in thinking the majority of the Fi talk on the forum is NFP type 4 Fi?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    So am I right in thinking the majority of the Fi talk on the forum is NFP type 4 Fi?
    It is when the convo includes Sim, and he's one of the major contributors on the Fi-rage so...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

*raises eyebrow*

So...your point is that 9s cause less trouble than 4s because they're less likely to openly argue?

Doesn't that support my thesis? I never said INFP 9s don't agree with or feel the same way as INFP 4s, just that they cause less trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    When it comes to Fi-ers actively sticking up for Fi by arguing with/fighting off people who talk negatively about Fi, yes.

I would bet that most of the anti-Fi complaining that happens on the forum is a result of negative interaction with type 4 NFPs.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yes i do agree with you. I just find it amusing that from what I recall, you value truth and honesty..yet you seem to have a problem with those NFPs that voice their truths and are honest with you, open, and value those that will not bother fighting you despite potentially disagreeing with you.

note: I'm merely arguing a case here, not judging the 4 to be 'better' or more 'true' than the 9. Both approaches have their merit.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes i do agree with you. I just find it amusing that from what I recall, you value truth and honesty..yet you seem to have a problem with those NFPs that voice their truths and are honest with you, open, and value those that will not bother fighting you despite potentially disagreeing with you.

note: I'm merely arguing a case here, not judging the 4 to be 'better' or more 'true' than the 9. Both approaches have their merit.
    I value truth and honesty situationally.

If an 8 year old guitar student has just written his first song and he asks what I think about it, I'm not going to tell him it sucks, even though it invariably does. Even if it's bad by 8 year old beginner standards, I'm still not going to tell him that.

If another musician my age asks for serious critique of his work, I will be completely honest if I think it's terrible. (I'll also suggest constructive ways to improve it, but I'm not going to lie.)

This is almost certainly an Fe value on my part, but I feel that there are situations in which honesty is actually less moral than dishonesty, and the problem I have with some INFPs (especially 4s) is that they don't make this distinction. I think there are times when you need to shut up and keep your feelings quiet for the sake of the good of others.

I find it unreasonable to never squelch your true feelings no matter what. I feel that certain INFP 4s are especially prone to a certain sense of entitlement to always have their feelings catered to regardless of the situation and I think that's selfish.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I would bet that most of the anti-Fi complaining that happens on the forum is a result of negative interaction with type 4 NFPs ENTPs vying for attention.
    Sounds right to me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Sounds right to me.
    Case in point: INFP 9>>>>>INFP 4.

By the way, "ENTPs vying for attention" is not mutually exclusive from "negative interaction with type 4 NFPs." In fact the two seem rather correlated, so I'm not sure I understand your point.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I value truth and honesty situationally.

If an 8 year old guitar student has just written his first song and he asks what I think about it, I'm not going to tell him it sucks, even though it invariably does. Even if it's bad by 8 year old beginner standards, I'm still not going to tell him that.

If another musician my age asks for serious critique of his work, I will be completely honest if I think it's terrible. (I'll also suggest constructive ways to improve it, but I'm not going to lie.)

This is almost certainly an Fe value on my part, but I feel that there are situations in which honesty is actually less moral than dishonesty, and the problem I have with some INFPs (especially 4s) is that they don't make this distinction. I think there are times when you need to shut up and keep your feelings quiet for the sake of the good of others.

I find it unreasonable to never squelch your true feelings no matter what. I feel that certain INFP 4s are especially prone to a certain sense of entitlement to always have their feelings catered to regardless of the situation and I think that's selfish.
    I completely agree with you, and don't know that this can be attributed exclusively to Fe. The example with the child seems quite extreme - is your experience SERIOUSLY that INFP 4s would do this as a common behavior?