failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I'll publically acknowledge (at least from what I've seen lately) I think sim has been showing higher levels of self-control and using better manners overall to express his thoughts.

But there's stuff in that response above that could be "called out" too ...

Since this post is irrelevant to the thread, my apologies for the derail.
    Are you referring to me in the "called out" part? Or someone else?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ referring to sim's quoted response to tesla, not to yours. Sorry for the confusion.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I'm going to leave this post intact as an instructive guide for everyone involved in this thread.

Please listen to uumlau.
    I guess I have a problem with this cleansing - Z gets to offend in his own thread, then gets it tidily wiped up? This derail did not appear to originate with onemoretime ...

My initial post was informative and pertinent in that it showed the irony of Z's comment to him without offending anyone or pointing fingers. Yet it is graveyarded from thread.

There has been more massively offensive content in other threads than this one ... At any rate, since this too is off topic I shall now exit this thread.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I guess I have a problem with this cleansing - Z gets to offend in his own thread, then gets it tidily wiped up? This derail did not appear to originate with onemoretime ...

My initial post was informative and pertinent in that it showed the irony of Z's comment without offending anyone or pointing fingers. Yet it is graveyarded from thread.

There has been more massively offensive content in other threads than this one ... At any rate, since this too is off topic I shall now exit this thread.
    Wait. Your post calling out Z on his ignorance got deleted? I loved that post. Very well done.

Edit: Although my methods are pretty much like his. It's an aspect of Ni.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Wait. Your post calling out Z on his ignorance got deleted? I loved that post. Very well done.
    Yes it did and the brevity of it communicated a potentially important message.

With a more mature Fi, Z would have recognized the greater truth and should have just acknowledged it and moved on after that, but no.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

With a more mature Fi, Z would have recognized the greater truth and should have just acknowledged it and moved on after that, but no.
    Well, you know I put little stock in an INTJs Fi. So..........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

My initial post was informative and pertinent in that it showed the irony of Z's comment to him without offending anyone or pointing fingers. Yet it is graveyarded from thread.

It shall live on in our memories. I fully expected my post in the same context to also be deleted, so I think it's the exception that proves the rule: remove the cluttering content, leave the discussion intact.

AND NOW, to bring the thread back on topic ...
    Well, you know I put little stock in an INTJs Fi. So..........
    Well, I put a lot of stock in INTJ Fi. It's one of the key points of your ideas and worth discussing.

I believe that you are mistaking the "rule following" that Te does for communication to be Fe. INTJ is essentially "pantomiming" Fe. We know what polite behavior looks like, but we don't actually understand it the same way. Here's a simplistic example: a young child might know a rule such as "when a performance is done, you're supposed to clap." It has nothing to do with why you clap, it's just the rule. There's no understanding of the Fe part, that you clap to show appreciation, and that you adjust how you clap based on how good the performance was. It's just "you're supposed to clap." If you pay attention to INTJs, they're following "rules," not actually reading situations for an appropriate response.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

No offense, ladies, but a dom Fi user and an aux Fe user complaining about my conduct is really not gunna accomplish anything.

You don't have proper context nor the correct functional arrangement to understand why I did what I did.

Uumlau's comments, on the other hand, actually hold value to me.

Nevertheless, I would love to continue this conversation, but only if could we do it on another thread.

I'd prefer not to completely derail this one any more than I (and others) already have.

Night?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Oh, and PeaceBaby, It has nothing to do with having a more mature Fi. That comment is just funny.

What it does have to do with is having strong enough Ni and Te to realize that your comment was actually completely vacuous. It was cute and punchy on the surface (even I thought so). But when you stare deeper into it, there were essentially no meaningful connections between what I said to onemoretime and what you said to me.

In that sense, it really did just become an insult, and had no really meaning or value -- other than that of an attempted censure -- whatsoever.

You may think so, but that's only cuz you don't understand why I said what I did to onemoretime.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

"Hwa is thet mei thet hors wettrien the him self nule drinken."

Enjoy your party. Table for one, sir?
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching