First 3456715 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Baby, I'm making reservations!

And I'm at WORK!

You want me to be able to pay for these nice dinners?!?!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Get a cyber room.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    In fact, it's not; it is, as you said, deluded "open-mindedness".

In the perception of the subject, they are open-minded; however, in truth, they are close-minded.

I'm thinking of the close-minded ExFP who thinks she's open-minded because she believes in... hmm, let's say, gay marriage, for example... and she cannot imagine how anybody else could not have a different opinion about gay marriage, and, furthermore, that anyone who does have a different opinion must be close-minded.

In this case, the ExFP might think she's open-minded, but, in reality, an open-minded person would be open to the idea that people could have differing opinions about gay marriage.

Thus, her "open-mindedness" is actually close-mindedness.
    Loved your answer... this is Ni magic.

Not sure on this, but are the Je functions not more 'objective' than the Ji ones? So the Je people are going to adhere to and perhaps agree on some common ground or 'rules'.

The I__Ps have a dominant judging function but it is not directed outward so their Jness is cloaked. blablabla

e - I tend to think J vs P comes down to structure. Je builds it. Ji ignores it (Ji avoids/destroys it)?

In the perception of the subject, they are open-minded; however, in truth, they are close-minded.

I'm thinking of the close-minded ExFP who thinks she's open-minded because she believes in... hmm, let's say, gay marriage, for example... and she cannot imagine how anybody else could not have a different opinion about gay marriage, and, furthermore, that anyone who does have a different opinion must be close-minded.

In this case, the ExFP might think she's open-minded, but, in reality, an open-minded person would be open to the idea that people could have differing opinions about gay marriage.

WTF Noob. So you agree with me then. ExFP is going to have a judgment introverted function Fi as opposed to a perceiving introverted function. Now stop disagreeing with me.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    The thing is since we are communicating online, which is an introverted place, the extroverted functions are less represented. So an ExxJ will be seen as someone in introverted perceiving mode most of the time and an IxxP will be seen as someone in introverted judgment mode most of the time. It's just what happens, I don't make the rules. I just enjoy breaking them, but they still remain.
    Eh, I'm not too sure about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    WTF Noob. So you agree with me then. ExFP is going to have a judgment introverted function Fi as opposed to a perceiving introverted function. Now stop disagreeing with me.
    :confused:

What I didn't agree with is your claim that, on the internet, people's extraverted functions are less represented...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

And watch who you're calling a noob, Noobert.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Interesting take. I would think that someone who thinks they are open but are actually closed-minded might be deluded. Out of curiosity, how is closed-mindedness a form of openness?

I've run into this before. And it's not limited to any particular type, but is does seem to be an aspect of "P".

There is no one so close-minded as someone who believes that oneself is open-minded. They listen to your opinion, consider it, and then inform you that they don't find it persuasive, or that they don't understand why you believe that your arguments imply your conclusion or any number of such things. In general, their response seems to indicate that you have the burden of proof, but of course, you can't prove jack to them.

The "J" style is more about getting things done. Anything that gets in the way of getting things done must be resolved, and "J" types will engage in plenty of negotiation so long as they're willing to pay the price to accomplish a task. This may not precisely be "openminded," but one can easily see the grounds by which one might change their mind. The "P" style on the other hand typically doesn't have a task to accomplish, there is no particular leverage by which to get them to listen, they have nothing to lose by insisting on their particular beliefs.

In function terms, Te and Fe are about interacting and sharing with other people. There is necessarily a give and take. Particular individuals might be stubborn, but they play by the give and the take if either Te or Fe predominates. Fi and Ti, however, have established core values and principles. Those principles do not whimsically change, in spite of the superficially whimsical nature of Fi and Ti (which is really the whimsical nature of Ne or Se).
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.