User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Unfortunately, discriminatory NT behavior is a real phenomenon on Type C, and I suspect irl as well.
    If it transpires in Type-C then it transpires IRL.
    The "logic," is bewitching me.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If it transpires in Type-C then it transpires IRL.
    The "logic," is bewitching me.
    You are trolling again. Why don't you say something substantive or nothing at all? hmm?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I think the bottom line is what you have to go by to avoid definition overlap, is the action. What action does this person display overall? No matter the motivation or feeling behind it.
    I haven't had time to review the entire thread, and this may have been answered already, but... .

You place more importance on the action itself rather than the motivation behind it? I tend to think opposite...I find motivation the most telling. Anyone can make any sort of action or behavior.. the motivation behind the doing the action would vary widely, however. Any action/behavior can be faked or utilized for a purpose only known to the doer of the action. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

You are trolling again. Why don't you say something substantive or nothing at all? hmm?
    You are trolling with white, NT, bigotry.
    Why don't you say something substantive or nothing at all? hmm?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Did anyone really want Charlie Brown to kick the football?

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Did anyone really want Charlie Brown to kick the football?
    No, we don't need to see you kick it.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    No, we don't need to see you kick it.
    Wah wah wah wah, wah wah wah wah wah wah

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I haven't had time to review the entire thread, and this may have been answered already, but... .

You place more importance on the action itself rather than the motivation behind it? I tend to think opposite...I find motivation the most telling. Anyone can make any sort of action or behavior.. the motivation behind the doing the action would vary widely, however. Any action/behavior can be faked or utilized for a purpose only known to the doer of the action. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

You know, I think just like with other things, it's the action. It's the expression. But the main variable in that is on a consistent basis. Because people won't continue the innate action or behavior unless it's what's comfortable for them. They will revert eventually into the comfortable way of being. So, it's what someone does over time, consistently, I think. Not just what one wants to be or wants to do.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Wah wah wah wah, wah wah wah wah wah wah
    I see why Z loves you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

You know, I think just like with other things, it's the action. It's the expression. But the main variable in that is on a consistent basis. Because people won't continue the innate action or behavior unless it's what's comfortable for them. They will revert eventually into the comfortable way of being. So, it's what someone does over time, consistently, I think. Not just what one wants to be or wants to do.
    I think this might be the core of the disagreement.

You see, for example, INTJs behaving with what you regard as "Fe" mannerisms. Therefore, that is Fe.

I do not deny that I "act Fe" at times. I was raised to be very polite, to be courteous.

But there is a key difference between those whose types have Fe as their strongest "F" function and those who have Fi as their strongest "F" function, and it's how they process the feelings in the first place. The processing can both lead to similar conclusions and different conclusions. It is by reviewing the different conclusions that one can begin to separate out the actions from the motivations, and discover that the underlying motivations are different.

I really do see the similarity between INFJ and INTJ. My ex-wife is ESFJ, and we had so much in common. I was surprised at how fundamentally different we were, underneath it all. Only by pushing things into the realm of disagreement did the rather stark differences become apparent at all. It was our differing motivations that caused us to drift apart: the apparent similarities had no binding power.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.