User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 393

  1. #171
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    And claiming to BE a big dick will generally result in no argument.

  2. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    So can we agree that all definitions are subjective?
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #173
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    So can we agree that all definitions are subjective?
    No, because your assertion itself is subjective.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  4. #174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    No, because your assertion itself is subjective.
    Yes, but at what point does subjectivity turn into objectivity? Who defines that or is that itself subjective as well? Can anything ever really be objective? If this is the case cant we just get rid of the whole objectivity functions. This is just a subjective opinion though.
    Im out, its been fun

  5. #175
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Yes, but at what point does subjectivity turn into objectivity? Who defines that or is that itself subjective as well? Can anything ever really be objective? If this is the case cant we just get rid of the whole objectivity functions. This is just a subjective opinion though.
    I'm just letting you follow your logic to its inevitable conclusion: there is no such thing as objectivity, everything is "just an opinion," and there should be no such thing as "T" or "e" w/r to MBTI and Jungian functions. The only judging function is, therefore, Fi, and the only perceiving functions are Ni and Si.

    You're going to have a difficult time selling "there is no such thing as objective truth" to one trained as a physicist. Of course, it's only my opinion that there is such a thing as objective truth, thus any objective statements I make can be dismissed by virtue of their subjectivity.

    Solipsism is fun!
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  6. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I'm just letting you follow your logic to its inevitable conclusion: there is no such thing as objectivity, everything is "just an opinion," and there should be no such thing as "T" or "e" w/r to MBTI and Jungian functions. The only judging function is, therefore, Fi, and the only perceiving functions are Ni and Si.

    You're going to have a difficult time selling "there is no such thing as objective truth" to one trained as a physicist. Of course, it's only my opinion that there is such a thing as objective truth, thus any objective statements I make can be dismissed by virtue of their subjectivity.

    Solipsism is fun!
    Isnt it fun when you learn a function well enough to understand its use

    The only objective thing in this world is really an object is equal to itself. But this wont be realized or deemed true unless the object can be true to itself and true to others.

    You can define this however you want, but take this over to subjective feeling and you get the same result in regard to Solipsism.
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    To continue......if you deem something as objective truth and it goes against your subjective self you will feel like you are wrong. You will hide what you think is wrong because it makes you feel wrong. The way to go around this is to promote your subjectivity as objectivity and at that point you will feel right.

    To me the only thing that is really wrong is that which is not itself.
    Im out, its been fun

  8. #178
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    This thread is getting really strange.

  9. #179
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    To continue......if you deem something as objective truth and it goes against your subjective self you will feel like you are wrong. You will hide what you think is wrong because it makes you feel wrong. The way to go around this is to promote your subjectivity as objectivity and at that point you will feel right.

    To me the only thing that is really wrong is that which is not itself.
    I think that may be a Ti/Fe perspective.

    To me, the objective is objective (Te) and the subjective is subjective (Fi). They might "conflict" but they're really two different things. The conflict is that they can indicate two different conclusions. E.g., I want to eat the ice cream (Fi), but I know it will make me fat (Te). I can hold both thoughts in my head at the same time. It's a dilemma, not hiding the truth from oneself.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  10. #180
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    This thread is getting really strange.
    "getting" ... ?

    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Similar Threads

  1. The purpose of Pi, Je, Pe, and Ji
    By Robopop in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM
  2. Differences between Judgers and Perceivers
    By Robopop in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 11:45 AM
  3. first-borns, family responsibility, and Pi vs Pe
    By the state i am in in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:14 PM
  4. Judgers and Perceivers in Online Courses
    By Ozz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 06:14 AM
  5. Pe/Ji vs Pi/Je
    By substitute in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO